“BED BUGS GALORE”

Ranked #1 of 1 Wheatfield B&B and Inns
Courtice, ON
“BED BUGS GALORE”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My husband and I had to leave at 11:00 on Saturday night as I was getting so many bites.I showed the front desk all the bites on my legs and they gave me 1/2 of our money back. We have traveled extensively through the Caribbean and stayed at many hotels and motels in the states. I have never had this happen before.
It is old and run down and I have nothing good to say about this motel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank erin1961

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Richton Park, Illinois
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Pictures can lie !! We were in town for a wedding on 10-10-10 and because of overbooking elsewhere found ourselves here. The first thing we noticed was the smell.The room was not at all appealing or clean. the water ran continuously in the tub........which was dirty and not fit to bathe in. The hot water handle on the Jacuzzi came off. The carpet was OLD and not especially clean, it was even ripped in one spot. The door knob malfunctioned from the INSIDE so if you didn't have "the right touch" it wouldn't open. Before leaving we looked behind the drapes, which the bed denied easy access to, and found dirt and numerous spider webs etc. On taking the cover off of the A/C unit it was so choked with dirt I doubt it functioned. If this was the best room they had, I shudder to think how bad the others were.When talking to the staff they came off defensive and rude as if they were doing us a favor by letting us stay. The only thing I can think of that was positive is it's closeness to the Falls. Oh, the included breakfast?? You've GOT to be kidding!! Too much else to report and none of it good. Don't believe what the pictures show, and definitely NOTHING you read about this place! I own a small bussiness and if I ran it like this I'd be out of bussiness in no time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank richtonperk

Travelers are raving about these Wheatfield hotels

Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I generally dont post reviews but this place is soooo unhygienic and dirty and also the owner was soo rude with us that I decided to post this review so that READERS ARE WARNED (it completely spoiled our vacation)

Its stinks like dead rotten meat. The rooms they have is soo unhygienic and messy. They fool you by having a nice picture of the rooms online but when you go there, it is not what you pay for. The owner was damn rude when I mentioned to him that you fool ppl by putting nice pics online but giving them such unhygienic rooms. He was abusive and cheap by telling me that he already got my money so I can leave if I dont wanna stay in what they have. I'D ADVISE READERS TO LOOK FOR BETTER OPTIONS AROUND (you'll find plenty of nice and economical hotels/motels) RATHER THAN SPOILING YOUR VACATION STAYING AT THIS MOTEL

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank TravellerAlways2010
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed July 29, 2010

We booked a room in the motel for the last night of our vacation, because it was close to the airport. So of course, we made sure to book a room with breakfast included, because we wouldnt have much time the next morning. It was clearly stated on booking.com, that it is a room WITH breakfast, but on arrival we were informed, that there is no breakfast, at least not during the week...
When we complained about this, the manager turned up and was incredibly rude and inpolite; i have never experienced such behaviour in a hotel in my life.
The rooms and the location of the place are pretty shabby, too.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank borisxtra
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 28, 2010

This place was so bad!! We made a same day reservation, got there and our room had a terrible smell (I'm happy to see other reviewers with the same complaint). It was dirty and sleezy. We didn't even sit down for fear that we would catch something. What a hell hole.

We were there no more than 10 minutes. We went to tell them we were leaving and why and they went ahead and charged my credit card without my consent for $164.00. My credit card company is not going to pay them, but still, what a hassel and bad business practice.

BTW the pictures of this place do not look anything like the room we had. I seriously doubt the owners of this dump have any decent or habitable rooms.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank kiteflyer4
New London CT
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Building looks nice from outside but thats all. Firstable, they have sign 30$ for a room. I paid 60$ (I booked with Orbitz). I tought you pay less if you book ahead. When we walked in the room we got, we vere like "O my God!". The smell was strange. The TV was like from 80's (How it still works?!). The towels were terrible worn off. I checked the bed and there was hair and stains on it. I went to ask for another room. It was no problem so I can give 100% for service. The second room was OK but still it was dust all over the place, dirty bathroom (we took showers with slippers on). Spiders nets on the ceiling, dust on the lamps and heater, old bathroom door (it wouldn't cost to much to repaint it!), the frige do not close completely. The only good think was that there was no single noise around so we got good sleep. On other hand we smelled cow manure outside. I stayed in cheap motels before and I couldn't complain, but this one schoul be for free.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Egle N
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed July 6, 2010

The rooms are not that good.. added to that towels & napkins are below standard. We were not able to open to door to start with.. Everything inside the room seems to be a makeshift arrangement.

Morning breakfast .. nothing much to say except the owner / manager keep watching you all the time. Please avoid this motel at any cost.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank krs1697
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheatfield
Days Inn & Suites Niagara Falls/Buffalo
#28 of 51 in Niagara Falls
Moonlite Motel
Moonlite Motel
#19 of 51 in Niagara Falls

Been to Driftwood Motel? Share your experiences!