“amazing day out”

Parc Animalier et Botanique de Branfere
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Le Guerno
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great for kids and adults. Plenty to see and do with good restaurant choices and very eco-friendly facilities.
The animals seem very well cared for and the displays by the wild birds are brilliant.
The nets, where you can climb up and see the park for about 30 feet up, were very popular: though I was a bit scared with the bouncing , my grandson loved it! Great play area with bouncing net arrangements for different ages.
The feeding area with the goats can be a bit frightening for small children and the animals are very persistent.
The restaurant options are super for families with lots of choice.
Shop is nice too.

3  Thank anglo_french419

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had a great day out here. The climbing nets/tree top trail were such a hit with our 2 children (4 and 7) and we parents enjoyed them too! I have not laughed so much in ages although I was initially a bit scared of the height. The trouble was, dragging them off to see the animal attractions.

Loved the cage free enclosures and the various different animals. The walking trails didn't seem to have enough cross paths though so trying to get to different parts of the park involved lots of walking.

The bird show was amazing, I have never seen pelicans in a bird show before!

You can't eat your own food inside, but you can sit outside the cafes and eat?!? Not really sure what that is about.

My only criticism is that the keepers' talks were far to gabbled for non-French speakers to try and comprehend. I wish they could have slowed down a bit.

We were there from midday to 7pm and still didn't get round to seeing everything. Good value for money!

2  Thank geocachers
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had an excellent day out at Branfere - the weather wasn't brilliant, but there is plenty of tree cover - so that made it ideal.
There are some strange rules on picnicing - there is an area near the entrance where you can eat your own food, elsewhere in the park it's strictly prohibited. We didn't realise this at first, and had a couple of dodgy looks from the locals when we sat down to eat our sandwiches!.

In a couple of areas there are kids play type items with what can only be described as a rolling barrel on its side with pictures on it - you spin the barrel to be able to see the different pictures. MIND YOUR FINGERS THOUGH! - My 4 year old caught her's quite badly and rather spoilt the day to some extent.

check out the fish near the end of the route of the park - they loved being fed the popcorn!.

Overall we had an excellent day - saw giraffes, zebras, red pandas etc

I guess the cost compares well with a UK zoo, but price felt a bit steep.

1  Thank GavW1977
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Natural, cage-free zoo with good range of animals and plenty just roaming in public areas. Los of places to picnic, choice of on site restaurants and cafes. We all enjoyed the parcabout nets in the trees. A good day out and worth the money

1  Thank Claire W
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We visited in peak season with our two sons (August 2013), and very much enjoyed the park. There were lots of people there and although the park was big enough not to feel overcrowded the restaurant facilities couldn't cope at all. We tried to have a quick lunch at the creperie but had to wait 35 mins in a queue to place and order and a further 45 mins for the mains to arrive and another 15 min for dessert. The staff were doing their absolute best but they were only two people (one taking orders and doing drinks and one to make all the crepes) to deal with a huge number of customers. This meant we wasted 2 hours of our visit on a basic crepe lunch and had a very over hungry cranky toddler as a result! The queue at the snack bar was apparently even worse as someone told me in line. In summary, I would recommend the park but advise bringing a picnic in peak season!

1  Thank Melianie