“Hotel Stay”

Novotel Paris La Defense
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times on business and never had a complaint. Staff were great, food was great, the room was great and it was within walking distance of my office so the early start wasn't too early. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013
BENARD C, Directeur général at Novotel Paris La Defense, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comment about you " Good stay "at Novotel Paris la Défense.
We very much appreciate your positive comments
Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.
Best regard
The general Manager
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Booked this hotel on a whim last minute. As we are Accor platinum members we where greeted with vouchers for welcome drinks and a great gift. The welcome drinks could be anything off the menu which was also a nice surprise.

Staff at the hotel where very friendly and helpful. Provided a local map and indicated some great things to see locally. Our rate included complimentary boat tickets which was a great perk.

The location of the hotel is great right next to metro line 1 which provides quick and cheap access to any part of the city. Consider a tourist pass for maximum value.

The executive rooms have a well stocked complimentary mini bar with a good range of drinks and snacks. The view from these rooms is breath taking at night and we got some amazing pictures.

Bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. Nice range of toiletries and a separate toilet and bathroom.

It does seem reading other reviews perhaps at this hotel you might get what you pay. All rooms are nice but if you want a view and extra, treat your self and get a nicer room if that's what you want.

Breakfast was a nice selection of cereals, cheeses, meats, pastry and crepes.
A wide range of juices, loose tea and coffee was also available.

Room Tip: Spring for an executive room, they provide great amenities but also provide a breath taking view of...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BENARD C, Directeur général at Novotel Paris La Defense, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comment about you stay at Novotel Paris la Défense.
We very much appreciate your positive comments
Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

Caroline BENARD

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights as part of a coach holiday. Rooms very clean and comfortable. Not able to open windows and heating set at 22 degrees C - too warm, but able to borrow an electric fan from reception. Breakfast very good but we were then told that the restaurant closed on Saturday evening, even though we had booked a table earlier in the day, as well as another couple staying at the hotel. We were offered a meal in the bar but this did not have the same sort of atmosphere so we ventured next door to the Ibis Hotel and had a very good meal in their restaurant.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BENARD C, Directeur général at Novotel Paris La Defense, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write some positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Paris La Défense.
For your information during the week end sometimes we propose the location of the restaurant is in our bar , but we always propose the same meal .

Sincerely
The Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I am a regural costumer at this chain hotel and flew to paris on 24 of January for weekend away ,on the 26 of January when I was leaving I left an envelop with the card for my friend which just had a baby and 60£present inside the card and let the lady on reception know to check if I can leave it for her to pick it up later . She made me asure that she will keep it safe , I wrote my friend name and contact detail on the envelope,unfortunately my friend newborn baby wasn't well and she went there 10 days later and the staff said they don't know anything about it and when she said that she will complain they panic and I think the same lady said that she is remember about the envelop but can't find it and promised her to follow it up. I wrote a complaint to management 2weeks ago but no response and feeling so embarrassed that my friend with newborn baby had to travel so far . It's shocking that kind of action can happen in such a well known hotel, once I left my mobile in Bangkok and after 2weeks on the way back picked it without any problem. I would not advice to leave anything on reception because you might not see itanymore

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rahil K
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share the problems you encountered during your stay.
Firstly, please allow me to say how sorry I am that these issues affected your satisfaction during your stay in my hotel.
Your complaint has been treated by Customer Care ACCOR service .
I do hope that, despite these issues, we will be able to welcome you again as a client of Novotel.
The Manager
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Booked this hotel via special offer of a magazine. The hotel is well situated, near the river Seine and La Defense and a few meters from a metro station. The carpark is expensive and I would not want to go from the hotel to the car park by night, by day no problem. Rooms are OK (typical Novotel style) and clean. The beds were surprisingly good, as well as the noise (very quit rooms!). Breakfast was OK, no more no less.

Room Tip: Pay 10 euro more per night and book a room with view over Paris.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank DafkeB
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The hotel is well located with easy access to La Defence district. The rooms were clean and functional and very quiet. The service at reception was fantastic. My only complaint would be the service in the restaurant. Upon entering to order dinner I was informed of an hour delay before any food would be ready. I left to take my custom elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Paris. You can see over the Seine and have a great view of the Eiffel...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank PShynn
BENARD C, Directeur général at Novotel Paris La Defense, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at our hotel Novotel Paris la Defense and for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor and for sharing details about our great location from Paris to other guest .
Concerning your remark about the restaurant, please be assured that we will do provide an appropirate follow up to your comments .
We hope we will be able to welcome you again in Novotel Paris la Defense