“Great location - tiny, hot rooms”

Ibis Paris La Defense Centre
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed for three nights in november, great location - i enjoy staying in La Defense over weekends as it is usually quiet, has the excellent line 1 metro and this time the bonus of christmas markets. Good deal at this hotel, took the breakfast too which is fairly good value as have paid 7 euros for a small coffee in paris before now. Comfy bed, great shower so my only complaint is that the room was tiny - basically the space around the edge of the bed and not much more and was unbearably hot and stuffy for the duration of the stay, couldn't open the window to let some heat escape and some air in and air con seemed to be purely ornamental as had no effect whatsoever - set it temp of 5 on full blast and it did nothing. Made for an umcomrtable nights sleep unfortunately. Informed reception staff after the first night and when we got back from day out the room was cooler but by bedtime was stiflingly hot and stuffy again. Notice that some other travellers have experieced the same problem so obviously needs to be addressed. Would not stay again unless this issue was resolved.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pnugent71
Write a ReviewReviews (1,641)

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Internet connection is really slow and afer every 200 mb download you need to sign in again. I havent received any Le Club pints or nights for my stay. During the reservation via accorhotels.com there was nothing telling me that this hotel is "special" and i won't receive any point. On the accor site is just written that receive points for EACH stay...
The rooms really tiny.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ParisLaDefense
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Normal Ibis standards also everyone spoke english and where very helpful, free internet in room was a plus, not standard at most ibis hotels. But it was in the business district of Paris so probably why.
The Hotel is 10mins from Arc De Triomphe depending on traffic and 2mins walk to Metro its not close to centre of city but only takes 10mins by Metro.
Beds where ok and room is clean though and new towels and beds made everyday, There isn't any shops or much to eat round here so you need to head in though I found Paris isn't the easiest anyway to eat and was spending 100 euros a night for four of us. I would most defiantly stay here again however

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nikkivalentine
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

So, I recognize this is an inexpensive hotel in a busy business area. BUT. This is the first time ever that my room was simply not serviced. I'm not horrified as such (how much mess an I cause in one night....) but it just seems to be such a fundamental oversight. And it took nearly the duration of my shower to work out why the bathroom overall felt cramped - there was barely 8 inches of clearance between me and the ceiling - and I'm 5'2. Desk service was rude on one occasion I asked for help. Even though this is a business trip, I am allowed a limited choice of hotel, and will be choosing NOT to stay here again...

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I booked online and received both an email and SMS confirmation of my booking. So, imaging my surprise when I arrived and was told that I must have cancelled my booking (made just 3 days earlier!) and that there would not be a room for me on 2 of my 5 required nights.
At least I was able to stay for the 1st and 2nd nights and was told to "ask at the desk" to see if there were any cancellations that I could use.
On Monday evening, I talked to a different person on the check-in desk and they managed to confirm my room for all 5 nights but there was no compensation for their making a mistake or causing me stress (even though they proudly display their 15-minute guarantee).
My evening meal in the restaurant was served cold on Monday night so I ate elsewhere on other nights.
The room, though warm, did not provide a comfortable place to sit. The TV channel range was very limited and the fixtures and fittings were Ikea-style (basic, to say the least).
The only reason I would stay here again is because it is cheaper than nearby hotels but it was still very expensive (750+ Euros for a 5 night stay!!) compared to others I have stayed at in capital cities.

Room Tip: If you want a good room - choose a different hotel :-)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JiffTuna
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were visiting Paris for the Heineken Cup match in Stade de France. The journey from CDG Airport took about an hour but the hotel is only five minutes walk from the metro station. There is also a bus stop a few minutes further which brings you into Paris central.
At check-in we had already been given our room cards when my travelling buddy asked about the single beds. This had been included in the special requests on the original booking but was not noticed by the very pleasant receptionist. We got a room with the single beds.
The bedroom was small but adequate for our purposes. It was unfortunate that we could not open the window as we both felt the room was a bit stuffy on arrival. However, we did utilise the a/c which brought matters under control.
The all you can eat buffet breakfast was good value with a nice selection of cereals, yogurts, breads, croissants, crepes, cheese, ham, teas and coffees. It was certainly filling and set us up well for the day.
We spent two nights in the hotel and before we left we were able to have our boarding cards printed in the hotel which saved us time later.
There was free use of two PCs outside the breakfast area and one or both were usually available.
There are three elevators in use in the hotel and this was the one drawback. You can wait for five minutes or more at times to await the arrival of one. We stayed on the first floor so the stairs (not well marked) was our best option.
All in all a pleasant experience and a place I would certainly use again if in Paris for a sporting occasion.

Room Tip: If you do not have the patience to wait for the arrival of the escalator, a room on one of the lower...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Good location with easy access to Train and bus stops. Proximity to business and shopping centres.
Staff at the hotel are staff. Breakfast is standard french breakfast with all one can find as a normal french breakfasts.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo