“Go just for the bed!”

Pullman Paris La Defense
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Stayed here for the night on business and enjoyed the professional and helpful service from the staff and the excellent room. My only regret was not having more time in that bed- it was honestly the comfiest I have ever slept on and I have been telling anyone who will listen about it!

Not too sure how good the location is as my transport was arranged, but it didnt take long to taxi from hotel to 'touristy' part of city and I believe the metro links were good. But you honestly wont want to leave your bed!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Pullman Paris La Defense

Reviewed October 7, 2010

Extremely pleased with the location of the hotel, a stone's throw away from the RER/tube station and not far the Grande Arche. Hotel's staff is 'perfect' in terms of anticipating needs or overall service quality. Great sleep as the rooms are really quiet. Nothing to add.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Terrible
Sheets in the room were dirty
Hair in the bath
The food was of a decent standard but certainly overpriced for what it was; not "genuine" french cuisine. I read other reviews say similar.
Breakfast was basic at best; pastries were dry but the juices were good
The reception staff were largely very rude; but management seem to be pretty decent and led by example. On one occasion reception told me to "hurry and move" when they resolved my query at the desk
Stay elsewhere

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
h3013, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2010

Dear Mr Kingofbranton,

Bonjour from Paris.

I well read your comments on trip advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

First of all, I wish to apologize for the bad experience you had and want to assure you that's an isolated incident.
I have personaly contacted the concerned head department leaders to check what happened and showed them your comments to take the necessary measures to avoid such problems in the future.
I'm more surprised about your comments on our restaurant and cuisine, because our restaurant has a real good reputation in la Défense district. However, our executive Chef has also been informed about youe breakfast and pastries comments
Feel free to contact me for any further details you may need and also should you have the opportunity to come back again, I'll be more than pleased to take care of you during your next stay.
Kind regards

Frédéric Clément

Reviewed August 22, 2010

My wife & I stayed here as part of a Trafalgar tour. The hotel itself is a very nice modern hotel. Beds are amazing (best I got in Europe), staff are fantastic but it is in La Defense. A big factor for me is location. This is too far from Paris for my liking. In saying that, the metro is very close and takes you straight into the heart of Paris. There is also Les Quatre Temps (huge shopping centre) right next to the hotel.

If you are in Paris on business then this would probably be a great hotel to choose. If you are holidaying, I would save some money and stay closer to Paris in a more "Parisian" style hotel. There are so many fantastic hotels in Paris for the same price (and in most cases cheaper) that I would not recommend this hotel for holiday makers (see my review on Hotel Brighton for my pick).

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fred_Hill
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We arrived tired from a day of sightseeing in Paris, having booked an out-of-town hotel mainly to get good value and a bit of space. What we got was sheer luxury. It is beautifully appointed and modern without sliding into that personality-less box to which many chain hotels succumb. But the stand out feature was the bed. Someone described it as sleeping on a cloud . . . if only clouds were that soft.
To get free internet I had to go into the bar area, but when most European hotels are charging outrageous prices for connection, I can't complain too much. Staff were very helpful in advising me where the best reception was. There is easy train access to the main tourist area, but be aware that it is some distance and being the business district, it is quiet at night.
But it was the bed that sold me on the place. If only every hotel was this comfortable. My greatest regret was that we didn't have more nights booked.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed August 13, 2010

The hotel was just perfect in terms of quality, comfort, cleanliness and service. Large and comfortable rooms, very clean.

The only dissadvantage is that it is about 15-20 minutes by metro far from Champs Elysees. But still, the area is very quiet and safe, and there is also a large shopping mall nearby.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I visited this hotel (2 nights) during a tour of Europe, Traditional Europe, organized by Trafalgar. We travelled as a group and I always shared a room with my boyfriend.

This hotel ended our tour on a high note. I was very happy to be staying here two nights. The room was wonderful. Where do I start? The beds are extremely comfortable. You will feel as if you are sleeping on a cloud, or a giant marshmallow. The decor is very modern and appropriate. You feel like you are in a home, not a hotel. The television is connected to a sound system that is also in the bathroom. Therefore, you can listen to music while you are taking a shower. The bathroom has a nice vanity, a bath and a seperate shower (with rainfall shower head).

The hotel is clean and organized. It is very accessible using the subway (Metro). We travelled from the Louvre in about 20 minutes. The staff was friendly. There is free Wi-Fi access from the lobby and breakfast area. The only down side was the buffet breakfast, which did not offer a big variety of foods. The scrambled eggs felt like mash potatoes mixed with glue.

Stayed: July 2010