“the reviews about thefts from rooms are true”

Pullman Paris La Defense
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“the reviews about thefts from rooms are true”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We booked and then checked on trip advisor and we saw several complaints about thefts from rooms. Anyway we'd booked with lastminute.com, so thought we'd just have to take care. However we found thefts are not just confined to valuables! We had hung our garments in the wardrobe and these were stolen. Upon complaining we were informed they may have accidentally been sent to the laundry! Even though they were put away in the cupboard. Although the managers are polite they are totally unhelpful as someone commented and were not willing to accept any responsibilty. We were leaving the next day and could not do much about it. I did point out that we did read about this but they were very nonchalant about it. Only a reception staff had the courtesy to express any regret about the loss. We'll see as the manager Mr Quintin has said he's going to investigate.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank anid1_11
HotelPullman, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Dear anid1_11,

First of all, we wish to thank you very much for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor about your experience at the Pullman Paris La Défense. We are sorry that your experience did not meet exactly your expectations.

Despite several remarks about so called thefts in rooms, we would like to inform you that, until now, none evidence has been brought and proved on such facts and various possibilities, dispelling the hotel's responsability, may have happened.

Regarding the regrettable loss of one of your garment (a sari clothe), Housekeeping Manager has personaly checked with the outsourced laundry company, but unfortunately, your garment has not been found.

Internal investigation has been realized and none evidence has been discovered about the loss.

Referring to your comments, you declared at the hotel the loss of one Sari dress, but never mentioned all garments as referred on TripAdvisor. The hotel took all measures to find out your garment without success.

Security of our clients and belongings is one of our main daily priority and Hotel head department leaders and managers stay 24/7 at the disposal of our clients and also face their responsabilities everyday.

Sincerly yours,

Fréderic CLEMENT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Brevik, Norway
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I stayed in this hotel from 6th September until the 9th of September. Checked in and was surprised to see that a hotel in La Defense not have WiFi. Needed to connect to my work through internet and it took forever with the hardwired internet that was provided in the room. Later i checked the speed through an internet speed test and it was 0,47 mbs down and 0,02 up. That was the last time during my stay that i got the test page up, later it just timed out. I mentioned this in the receiption every day and always got the answer that hey had some problems with internet. How can it be a business hotel and not have internet working? On your webpage it says high speed internet available in rooms. I wasnt able to do any work while i stayed at this hotel.
Second day when i went to shower the shower door had fallen off its rails, probably from the cleaning personel. Also the shower was extremely hot. I had to go all the way down to the blue (20 deg Celsius) to not be burned, and i like warm showers. I mentioned this in the reception before going in meeting and the door was fixed when i got back, not the temperature though.
Beds were very good

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank 92ttz
HotelPullman, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear P2ttz, bonjour from Paris !

I took good note about your remarks during your stay at hotel Pullman la Défense and I feel sorry our services didn't meet with your expectations.

You're right with the internet access and the receptionist told you the true: We've got two ADSL lignes over four out of service and I'm fighting with our internet provider to re-establish the system 100% since last week.
It should be done today.
Moreover, the hotel is entering at the end of the year into a large renovation program where we take this opportunity to install WIFI in all rooms which will contribute to a better satisfaction from our clients.
I fully understand your position, but, again, we are working on this specific point.

I also noticed your comment about the shower and ask our housekeeping manager and her team to be more attentive about it.

Hope I will get the opportunity to welcome you again soon,

Kind regards

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed here for a week whilst on business in Paris. Location was handy to where I needed to be in La Defense; however there are better located hotels I noted for next time.

The room was reasonably equipped; however the day I arrived was 40 degrees celcius and the room was incredibly hot as my room windows faced the hot sun all day. It didn;t help that the airconditioner was not working. I tried on a few occasions to complain and request a new room; however on the first 2 occasions I was told they were fully booked and had no other rooms available and they acted surprised that the room was hot and told me they would try to get a technician to look at the problem. (They provided me a fan, but it didn't have an on/off switch, just a dial that could be wound around on a timer, but the maximum time it coould run was 2 hours; which meant for a very restless nights sleep constantly waking up hot and turning the 2 hour timer again). On the third attempt of complaining, I spoke to the manager; who at this point advised me that they had indeed been having issues with the airconditioners in certain rooms for the past week or so. He then allocated me another room; which whilst I wouldn't say the room was cool, was certainl better than the first room I had.

Overall, the hotel was o.k but I wouldn't be rushing back.

Room Tip: Rooms o.k, but were very hot in the summer days
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mouldymullet
HotelPullman, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Dear Mouldymullet,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the hotel Pullman Paris La Défense. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Sincerely Yours

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Rooms and service typical Parisian four-star; the top of this hotel's page says five-star, and it must be a typo.

But if you're staying at La Defense, you must be on a business trip, right? When I travel for business (or pleasure too) I always find it annoying when they nickel-and-dime you by charging for wi-fi, but I can live with it. At this hotel, they simply don't have it. I was given the option of coming down to the lobby to use the wi-fi. In a business hotel in 2011, this is just unacceptable!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
HotelPullman, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Dear Blugershmurg, bonjour from Paris !

Thank you very much for your comments regarding the internet access via wifi.

We are starting soon large renovation of this hotel and being aware of this lack of wifi, the hotel will be covered with wifi early next year.
But for your information until recently, some corporate accounts based in la Défense business district did refuse to sign an accomodation contract if you had wifi in the rooms...Things are now changing and as mentioned previously, the hotel will be 100% wifi the first quarter 2012.
As you wrote, the hotel already provides wifi access in all public areas (lobby, restaurant, bar, meeting rooms)

I thank you again for the other good comments regarding the other items and I'm looking forward to welcoming you again soon !

Kind regards

San Jose, California
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for four nights, and did not like it. There is big contrast between this hotel and the hotel I stayed in London during this trip.

The location is outside central Paris. I took taxi four times during my stay in Paris, and two of the taxi drivers did not know how to get to the hotel.

My room was not cleaned for two consecutive days. The manager said sorry about it, but the fact still made me angry. The bald guy working in the front desk was rude when I asked him where to buy some food late in the evening and if it was safe to go to the store. A few members in our tour felt the same way about this guy. Another guy with less hair and dark skin was rude to my 10-yr old boy, when he followed everyone to get a free bag of coffee on the front desk.

All my bad experiences in Paris are from this hotel. I do not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Helen S
HotelPullman, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Dear Helen S, bonjour from Paris !

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience at the hotel Pullman Paris La Défense. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Pullman Hotels, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to me.. Please rest assured that I am taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
I will personaly informed our front office manager in order to get explanations and an actions plan to avoid such attitude from our front office clerks

Sincerely Yours

Bucharest
Reviewed August 15, 2011

If you go to Paris for a business trip and you like tall buildings and the feeling of beeing small in this world :) Pullman (La Defense) is your place. Is clean, nice and the beds are big and comfortable and rooms nice and quite ...
My only issue was that I had a strong feeling of claustrophobia because of all the veeery big buildings around me but hey, I was in La Defense where you can find only big companies like EDF or GDF Suez ...
But for sure, is the perfect location if you need to have a short business trip or you need to sign a contract with any of those companies :P

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
HotelPullman, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Dear Veve_33, bonjour from Paris !

I wish to thank you very much indeed for your nice comments on the hotel. These compliments will be shown to the entire staff to help them improving even more the client's satisfaction.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I checked into this hotel for one night with some friends. We wanted to be somewhat close to the city centre and airport, as we were flying out early the next day. When we checked in, we were advised to keep our valuables in a safe, as theft is common in Paris. This is nonsense-I have stayed in Paris many times before and I know the area of La defense very well.
The day we were checking out, we were rudely woken up by our tv turning on at 6am. We did not set a wake up call so this was annoying. I was told later by friends, that this happened in their room too.
When we left for breakfast, we all put up 'Do Not Disturb' signs. I was still in my room when housekeeping entered. I told her that we are not to be disturbed, and pointed at the sign. She left very quickly. I left for breakfast. When me and my friends came back up, my friend, who was staying next door, discovered that her wallet had been stolen from her purse. I knew that it was housekeeping.
When we went to complain, the manager did nothing but smile. It seems like the staff is all in on this plot. Accor should be ashamed to have this hotel associated with their name. I would never recommend this hotel.
Even after the theft, this hotel is dirty and small. The staff are incompetent and the breakfast is worse then what you would get in a homeless shelter.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank soaddictive
HotelPullman, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Dear Client, bonjour from Paris !

I feel really sorry when reading your comments about the hotel, because most of our guests are happy when they stay with us.

Regarding the attitude of the maid who tried to enter into the room, I have advised our housekeeping manager and she has immediatly retold maids not to enter when "do not disturb" signs are left on the room's doors. I apologize for the trouble.
However, nobody and in particular a maid in this case, cannot be accused of robery without evidences.

As far as security of our guests and employees is concerned, I can assure about our vigilance, by the fact that, you will find since the opening of the hotel, ten years ago, 24/7 security and firemen staff, a modern installation of an updated video cameras system in all public areas.
Moreover, security measures are detailled in some aeras and in particular in the rooms where our guests are invited to use free of charge the safety box of each room to leave cash money and valuables. (like in the majority of hotels in the world).

I'm also surprised about all the items with negative and minimum note, in particular the one about our beds (?). This hotel being a former Sofitel hotel, we still have the "My Bed" concept which has been awarded several times best bed in the hotel industry and we still have excellent comments about it by guests.
The hotel is also clean which has been one of essential aspect to get our fifth star classification last april.
Every morning a fresh and pleasant buffet breakfast is prepared to our guests and coffee is available anytime. You also find coffee machines available in our lounge at the reception 24/7.

Hope these above informations may change your opinion in a positive way about our property.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon at Pullman Paris la Défense,