“Look for staff- Jean Charles”

Hilton Paris La Defense
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
Paris, France
“Look for staff- Jean Charles”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

If you ever stay at La Defense, hope that Jean Charles is working. He is outstanding and extremely helpful. He will help to sort you out with any plans that you may want to make. He was knowledgeable regarding food, plays and getting around in Paris.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HotelManager92, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Jason M,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel and especially our concierge Jean-Charles.
Rest assured that your nice feedback has already been shared with him as well as all of the team as this is a great encouragement to everybody.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next require accommodation.

Yours sincerely,

gerald.vanreck@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Park City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late at night and there were not clear directions to arrive so we drove around for an hour. Called the front desk multiple times and little help. We booked a room that is advertised as for 4. It was my wife and I and two small children. The room was very small with two double beds. My 4 and 7 year old could barely fit in a bed let alone adults. I do not know how they could advertise 2 double beds for 4 people. Management did not care. Stay away and avoid this hotel. I have stayed at many hiltons and this has been the worst eerience

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kevin m
Dear Kevin m,

I am very sorry to read that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Further to your comment regarding the access to our hotel, kindly note that we are working with local authorities in order to improve our hotel signage on the "boulevard circulaire". However, should you come back, all necessary information such as GPS address is included on your confirmation of reservation.

With regard to your experience with our Double Double Deluxe room, rest assured that your feedback has well been taken into account and that this has been discussed with our Reservation and Front of House Managers in order to improve our service.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

If you arrive late at night, it's not the easiest to work out how to get to the hotel. The signs point you towards the shopping centre that's closed. The way to get in is to face the Grande Arche and then to walk around the shopping centre. You'll see a big finger statue (I have no idea why, what, but go with it) and you can get in there.

The hotel is ok. I've stayed there a couple of times and I think it's a bit tired. The rooms smell a little odd. The hotel is out of the way - but you can get into the centre pretty quickly on the RER. Breakfast isn't bad - if you're Hilton Diamond, you'll get the full spread comp'd.

Net-net, I think there's much better hotels. Stay there if on points, doing a points-run or just convenient for you. Can't think why you'd choose it over and above this.

Dear John R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your most recent visit to our hotel. All guest feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate your participation.

Hsinchu, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Very good accomodation and location. However, internet connection is not free and expensive. Parking is not free too. It is a quite hotel. Shower is very good with volume water. The hotel parking entrence is not clearly marked. It is inside a publice parking space.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Mawlin Y,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay in our property.

Further to your comment regarding internet fees, kindly note that we do regular checks and that we are well aligned with our competitors.

I have read with pleasure that despite the above, you enjoyed our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future.

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stay at night in La Defense on regular occasions and this was my first time at this Hilton, located inside the CNIT building, with a direct access from the parking lot.
I was upgraded to a superior room, vast and quiet (#310). Only problem was that is was chilling inside no matter what I did with the thermostat. They eventually found the problem around 11pm when reconnecting the hot water pipe to the air conditioning system...
The in-room dining selection is classic and limited in choice. Delivery was within 20' and in a compartment to keep it warm (not everywhere), which was especially nice considering the temperature in the room :-)
Overall: Good comfort (bed), clean (bathroom), modern (wi-fi, expensive though, and a large desk), large choice for breakfast, and a nice personnel also.

Dear mikevdb59,

I would like to thank you for providing us with your comments following your first stay with us.
I was pleased to learn that you overall enjoyed our hotel despite the inconvenience encountered with the air conditioning. I understand that our engineer found a suitable solution in order to make your room more comfortable.

Dear mikevdb59, I look forward to welcoming you back soon in our hotel.

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Hilton Paris La Defense is a building within a building as it is built inside the iconic 1958 CNIT clamshell building. This meant that my spacious room was superbly quiet and cocooned. A generous vestibule/room entry area and additional couch area to one side of the bed added to the spacious feel of the room and the carefully considered lighting and muted colours added to the cocooning relaxing atmosphere. A good sized modern bathroom (for Paris) was a nice surprise also. Friendly helpful staff.

Hotel is located above a major transport hub in the modern business district of La Defense just beyond the older centre of Paris. Hotel is also surrounded by shops and restaurants both within the CNIT building and across the plaza. It took only 8 minutes to Auber station near the department stores on the RER or 16 minutes to Concorde on the slower metro. A first time visitor/someone unfamilar with Paris may wish to stay right in the 1st or 8th arrondissments to avoid commuting on the train however for additional space and quiet with a very easy hop into town the location of the hotel is convenient and easy.

The hotel is linked directly to the train station complex during working hours via some escalators and a pedestrian tunnel and is second natured once worked out. After hours, entry to the hotel is from the above ground plaza level as you exit the metro station -if you exit the metro on the plaza and face the CNIT building, the nighttime hotel entrace is around the left hand side of the CNIT building.

Dear WorldTraveller110412,

Thank you very much for having given your input following your stay with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel facility and our team. It is always pleasing to receive a nice feedback from our guests.

All of the team and I look forward to welcoming you for a future stay in Paris.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have to start by admitting that I am a committed Hilton guest and paid for this weeklong stay with HHonors points. Since it was not in the tourist area(s), I was not entirely sure how it would work out for a tourist stay; but since it was with points, the price was right! I stay in a lot of hotels, 150+ nights per year, and this hotel was as good as any Hilton property. The delivery of my HHonors benefits were beyond expected; room upgrade, complimentary WiFi, full/hot American/English-style breakfast buffet, a bottle of wine and sweets upon our arrival, the whole nine yards.

Property is clean, modern, well maintained and had all the amenities one would expect. Room was smaller than a US room, but most all rooms in Europe are smaller than Americans are accustomed to. It was plenty big enough, and my wife and I found it well designed and quite comfortable.

When we made the reservation (online), I asked for a room on a high floor overlooking the esplanade, as I had learned from reviews that some rooms actually look inward to the shopping mall at the convention center. I would recommend the outside view. They had a record of my request and accommodated it before I could ask.

Front desk was also very helpful. I had prearranged a number of tourist things, that needed confirmation 24 hours in advance of the booking date. Since neither my wife nor I are French speakers, I relied on the front desk to make those calls for me each morning, for the next day's activity. They gladly accommodated this as well.

So, what anyone considering this hotel, as a tourist, really wants to know is, what about the location. We do not believe it detracted from our stay. The Paris Metro is fabulous and the M-1 line actually originates at the Convention Center. You don't even have to go outside to get to the Metro station, unless you are returning very late at night. Then is there is a short, outside walk to the main hotel entrance. At midnight, we never felt insecure walking around that area, although it is quite deserted after about 2200. All the sights are a short Metro ride away, and it is inexpensive and fast. We thought we would use a lot of taxis. Actually we did not use a single taxi. One attempt at using the Metro and you are hooked.

To make this review credible, there has to be a negative. In this case it is dining. There just isn't much going on in the La Defense area after about 1900. The big mall across the esplanade, has restaurants, but not exactly the French bistro experience. Having said that, once again, only a short Metro ride to just about anything you might want. There are all the restaurants you can imagine just two stops away. You can get to the Champs-Elysees in 15 minutes; Eiffel Tower in 20.

As an added bonus, as a frequent business traveler, it was interesting to see La Defense, the business district. Please don't be put off by the location. Unless you are just dying for the high priced, Paris experience, there is every reason to want to stay here.

By the way, we did the "Normandy in a day" activity. It is easily accomplished and was probably the highlight or our trip. It is a long day, done my mini-bus, but absolutely worth it, if you are so inclined.

Room Tip: Ask for one with an outside view of the esplanade.