“Very good hotel”

Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
Hadera israel
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Very good hotel, the location in la de fance are excellent close to the mall and restorants, very modern hotel nice staff .very close to the matro 15 min from center of paris. The la de fance it selt very nice

• Stayed January 2013
H0tel_Manager_13, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear BoazMunk,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor website. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our property. Indeed, our guests’ observations and opinions are very much appreciated.

Once again thank you for your valuable comments and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in our hotel soon.

gerald.vanreck@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice hotel ...as you would expect for a Hilton. Breakfast was great...ours was included due to being a Hhonors Gold member....otherwise could be very expensive.This hotel is close to main line of metro.I was not very impressed with the area of La Defense as it is very Concrete...This stay was on points so we did not have much to chose from as Hilton has nothing in the city.If you want a true Paris experience this may not be the hotel for...but...the staff was great !!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ahotelman,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and particularly our team. We thrive on our guests' satisfaction and your comments are a great encouragement to the Team here at the Hilton Paris La Défense.

We look forward to welcoming you back to here when you next require accommodation in town.

Yours sincerely,

Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel was clean and service decent. However the thermostat doesn't work. You can not adjust the temperature nor turn off the fan. We had supper cold air blowing in all night. I had to plug up the vent just to survive. It was a rainy cold day and the cold room was not comfortable. The next day they gave us another room and the thermostat in that room could not be adjusted. So when you enter your hotel room you better like the temperature because that is what you are going to get.
the location is away from restaurants and activities. you get either a view of an inside mall that is locked up at night or outside plaza that is empty at night. You can take the Paris subway to station La Defense which was convenient. But from the subway exit to the Hotel entrance could be a bit tricky to find.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here during our visit to Paris on Hilton points. The hotel that had been affiliated with Hilton near the city center no longer accepts points stays, so we chose to stay at this location. The ONLY negative thing that I can say about this hotel is that it is not located in the central tourist district.

However, the metro station is just a few steps away (inside the property) and within a few minutes, you're in the middle of the hustle & bustle of the tourist district. Additionally, we were able to take the RER train from the hotel directly to Versailles for a day trip. There is a mall with many shops and restaurants within the same building as the hotel, and another mall located across the plaza by the La Defense sculpture. The area was well-lit and safe at night.

Our room was incredible. It was very large (even by American standards), extremely clean, and well-appointed. The room was extremely quiet and we slept wonderfully. We had a great view of the plaza and sculpture and the surrounding grounds. But the BEST part of our stay were the hotel staff. The front desk staff were incredible - very friendly and accommodating. We felt welcomed and appreciated. The concierge staff were especially helpful with everything from directions to sites to restaurant recommendations.

We will return to this hotel again - not because of the location but because of the excellent staff.

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room at this hotel, but if you're Gold/Diamond, ask for an u...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NativeTexans
Dear NativeTexans,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments following your stay in November.
Indeed, I was pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay and found the staff 'make' the hotel and your stay memorable and enjoyable, it is a pleasure for me to receive such a positive feedback from our guests.

NativeTexans all of the team look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Hilton Paris La Défense.

Toronto
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a nice hotel. A good Hilton. Friendly & very helpful staff. American-sized modern well-equipped rooms with the typical Hilton beds - very comfortable! It is also very quiet so a good night’s sleep is almost guaranteed. To top it off, the buffet breakfast has lots of variety & is enjoyable.

But . . . but . . . but . . .

If you are coming to Paris to see the typical sites as a typical tourist – particularly as a first-timer - this would not be the hotel for you. Everything you will want to see is a 20 minute subway ride away. The La Defense area is a modern, sterile, concrete jungle & the antithesis of the quaint Paris that tourists crave. But for a businessman, it would be perfect.

A 4 Star hotel in a 2 Star location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear imcarthur,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review on the Trip Advisor website. I understand that you enjoyed your stay with us despite our hotel location. I trust however that this did not tarnish too much your first time in Paris.

Imcarthur, thank you again for your feedback.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and loved the location and actually found it convenient because it’s literally right on top of the Metro and RER stations. I should add that reading the reviews on tripadvisor prepared us for finding the entry to the hotel upon our arrival by train and after that first time it was easy.

Let me address this first. When you exit the Metro/RER look for the “Grand Arch” exit signs. Take the stairs or escalator or elevator any of them will take you to the Grand Arch plaza. Look for the “thumb” sculpture, you really can’t miss it. You will also see a line of taxi cabs. The Hilton Hotel is clearly visible. You might also want to take some time to explore the Grand Arch and enjoy the plaza and the views. I might add that we preferred getting the metro this way as well although you can use the CNIT entrance without leaving the hotel we liked going outside. For the first time you might was to do this in the daytime to get your bearings, but we had no problems.

As for the hotel it was great choice for us. Before I continue, I should mention that I am a Hilton diamond member which provides for a free breakfast and internet which was wonderful. We also had a very nice room with a view of the CNIT mall which was unique and fun. Since we were in Paris on vacation we really didn’t spend all that much time at the hotel, and it’s location made it only a 20 -30 minute ride via metro to anywhere so it was very convenient.

For us we were on vacation and wanted to see Paris so we left the hotel in the morning, came back in the late afternoon and headed out again in the evening. If you buy the metro passes for all zones including RER you will be all set. Since La Defense is the first stop heading into Paris you will always get a seat. You will likely get one on the way back at some point in the journey.

As for the hotel, our hotel room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was large and the refrigerator/minibar even had a space for guest use. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and we enjoyed the restaurant for breakfast. However for those that want alternatives there are plenty of options in the CNIT mall and the Metro/RER station and of course within Paris. There are no ice machines in the hotel, but when we called for ice they brought it to our room within 5 minutes. All in all, we had a great experience at the Hilton Paris La Defence and would stay at this hotel again the next time we visit Paris.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank travelguyfromflorida
H0tel_Manager_13, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear travelguyfromflorida,

I want to thank you for your positive comments following your stay with us.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations. It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our staff and service was good.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Hilton Paris La Défense.

Ascot, Berkshire
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had stayed at this Hilton property years ago, so it was nice to return here on business a few weeks ago. Nothing much has changed since my first visit, but that is not necessarily a negative thing.

The entrance is still a little hidden, especially if you arrive by RER/metro and not taxi. But it is nice that there is now a direct underground passageway linking the station to the CNIT and then it is a matter of going up a few escalators and following the signage before you are in the lobby area on the 2nd floor of the hotel.

Check-in staff were great on my last visit and they actually had a decent conversation with me about my work and my travel plans in Paris as opposed to just swiping my credit card, acknowledging my HHonors status and handing me my keycard.

I was allocated a relaxation room, which was a nice touch and which I appreciated very much. My room was at the end of the corridor on the 3rd floor and overlooked the esplanade of the Défense. The bathroom was a jacuzzi style bath tub complete with a separate shower. The desk was behind the bed and the bed itself was in the middle of the room, which was certainly different from standard hotel room layouts. There was even some nice artwork on the room walls, one just said "tranquillité" (tranquility), which was fun - it certainly made you relax a little more than usual.

The hotel wifi is iBahn (as are most Hilton hotels around the world) but there was a little faff what with codes and the amount of devices you could use on one code. Basically, my laptop, iPhone and iPad were too much for one code (you are allowed 2 devices) so just watch out.

After a nice long sleep, I headed down to the ground floor for breakfast and found the selection to be nice. I grabbed a free copy of Le Figaro and enjoyed my breakfast while watching the world go by.

In summary, I like this hotel a lot. It is perfectly located for offices in La Défense, but also perfect for leisure travellers who do not want to pay skyhigh rates in the centre of Paris but who can easily get downtown in around 20 minutes by hopping on the RER or the Métro line 1.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the esplanade and not the CNIT
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ascottowers,

I would like to thank you for your detailed and positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that again you enjoyed being in our hotel. You have certainly noticed some changes with the complete renovation of the CNIT and our own several refurbishments.

Thank you again for your kind comments.

Ascottowers , all of the team look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Defense
Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel
Novotel Paris La Defense
Novotel Paris La Defense
#6 of 41 in La Defense

Been to Hilton Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!