“Hilton la defense”

Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
Cairo, Egypt
“Hilton la defense”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Good hotel, mainly for business purposes, yet could fit for families leisure. Very Close to shopping center (Quatre temps). Close to Paris center and less expensive than hotels around the Champs Elysee. Nice rooms, small exercising room in 5th floor to keep you fit. No pool nor spa place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

H0tel_Manager_13, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Amr M,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am always delighted to read that our guests enjoy their visit to our property. As you mention indeed, our hotel is not only a business property and is completely adapted to welcome families like yours.

Amr M, I hope that we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Hilton Paris La Défense.

Yours sincerely,

gerald.vanreck@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We spent three night at the Hilton Paris La Defence, in April (all nights were fully prepaid since Jan); after coming back at the hotel in the evening of the second day spent there, we found all our things packed, the safe room unlocked and our laptop and passports missing from the safe; after talking to the reception, we learnt they did a mistake, believing we were checking out that day; they told us that the laptop and passports were at the reception (they didn't at least leave a note to apologise, we actually believed that the passports were stolen!); afterwards, we noticed that other things from our luggage were missing (not material in value, but very inconvenient to not have the basics at that time in the night, with all the shops closed)-unbelievable things were missing: one iphone charger (and I had no battery remaining), my son's pajamas, our toothbrushes, my jeans, a present for a friend that was packed into the luggage (I was bringing it from home for a party the following day), some socks and tshirts....
The hotel's responsible (the hotel manager was not present) offered to reimburse us for the missing things, provided we go shopping the next day and present them the receipts.. (I am not at all a shopachoolic and I really would have prefered to spend my few days in Paris somehow different than having to shop pajamas..); as told, the value was not material anyow, what really shocked me more was the fact that the safe door was opened, and the hotel did not perceive this as a major concern... I had confidential data on the laptop, I cannot possibly know where my laptop was deposited and who could have accessed the information... I could have had anything into the safe... they simply said "it was locked into my office"...- how relaxing!!
I realise this was probably kind of a "black swan" event, but it is terrible to not be able to trust anybody from now on: imagine I was in a business trip last week and I carried my laptop and files everywhere, including the restaurants in the evening, I simply could not leave them into the hotel's safe

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RalucaM191
H0tel_Manager_13, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear RalucaM191,

First of all, I would like to thank you again for choosing our hotel for your stay in Paris and would like to reiterate our most sincere regrets for the mistake we made. Indeed, I fully recognise that such an error could spoil your holidays.
However, I also trust that following correspondence you had with our front of house assistant and action we took were to your satisfaction.

RalucaM191, I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back here as we would very much like to redeem ourselves and prove to you that this was an exception and not a rule.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed three nights in early April in the relaxation room. This is a hotel geared for business, in a business location without much tourism to see besides the La Defense. The directions given by the website are not very clear. The hotel is in the CNET building, and the metro stop is La Defense. The CNET building is currently identifiable by a large advertisement for Samsung SIII in front. The breakfast was tasty, the bed very comfortable, and the room quiet. There is a rather nice gym and no pool. I would stay again, but you will definitely need to use the metro if you are seeking to tour Paris.

Room Tip: There are only five floors. Don't get a room where there is a clear view into the window from t...
1 Thank Edusbal
Dear edusbal,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit. Despite the area’s business atmosphere, I am pleased to learn you enjoyed our facility.

Edusbail, we hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

London
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after the stuffy and overpriced Westin Vendome. For a start, wifi is free, as it should be (it's a mouthwatering 19 euros per day at the Westin!)'. Our 'relaxation' room was clean, fresh and a decent size and it came with a spa bath, which was a nice treat. The staff were very helful and friendly. The bed was very comfortable indeed and gave a greta night's sleep. The spundproofing is not great - we were woken twice by noisy late arrivals in the corridor outside our room, and we would have appreciated it if furniture was not being scraped along the floor of the room above the following morning. But overall a classy hotel, right next to the la Defense metro stop and with all the attractions of La Defense close by.

Stayed April 2013
Dear LondonMariner,

This is with great pleasure that I have read your comments following your stay in our hotel.
Indeed, it is always nice to hear that our property exceeds our guests’ expectations. However, I am sorry to note that you were disturbed twice by other guests during your stay. Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience.

LondonMariner, all of the team look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay in Paris.

SFO
Reviewed April 20, 2013

As with most hotels in Paris, this one is pricey but not overly expensive. The rooms were very clean and bed was extremely comfortable. The location is quiet, although not as convenient as the center. The only complaint would be the taxi service. It doesn't go to the front door and catching one in the plaza is very confusing and not convenient. At least the metro service is on location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jkjcorp,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I understand that you appreciated your visit to our property.

However, I have noted your comment regarding the taxi service. I am surprised to read indeed that the taxi was not able to drop you in the front of the hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered. On a future visit, please do not hesitate to report such an experience to our front office team so that we can investigate further the details.

Despite this, we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in our property.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Clearly this hotel is more situated for business travelers than tourists being in La Defense, BUT that doesn't make this a bad choice for tourists. Its just far enough out of the way to where you have to plan your travel times accordingly (basically 20-40 minutes to get anywhere touristy). A HUGE perk is that this hotel is situated directly on top of the Metro and RER stations. You literally walk out of the hotel into a mall called CNIT, and exit CNIT into the station. Beware that 5:00-6:30pm, this station is shoulder to shoulder packed. Rooms were kept tidy daily, but the building shows plenty of wear. Our shower ceiling had what looked like mold or water damage spots. Also, Europeans don't believe in the US's version of Air Conditioning, so don't expect this to be any different. If you like sleeping in the cold like we do (68 deg), you will find a good nights sleep challenging, but not impossible.

A huge pro was the service. The concierge at this facility was absolutely fantastic, getting us reservations at restaurants that would otherwise be exclusive. He also accommodated us with their private taxi service to CDG (only 55€ for a nice ride in a BMW to CDG), and gave us great recommendations on where to get very affordable original art pieces.

Dear Knox H,

Thank you very much for your comments following your stay in our hotel. I have observed that you overall enjoyed our service and team.

With regard to your remark regarding your room’s bathroom ceiling, please be informed that we are currently renovating the few that needed refurbishment.

Thank you again for your valuable comments.

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I had my doubts about the location of this hotel but went because of previous successful stays with Hilton. My worries were quickly allayed, such is the Metro in Paris; the hotel is 10 minutes from the Champs-Elysees area door to door. The hotel itself had great service upon check in as usual and checked whether myself and my partner had a map and knew where we were going which was a nice touch. The room was large and the bed very very comfortable. The only downside was the small bathroom but that really is nit picking when you see the overall appeareance of the room. I would recommend this hotel if like me and my partner you like to be close enough to the centre without being too close! Again the Hilton doesn't disappoint.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Antonia M,

I want to thank you for your kind comments following your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you and you partner enjoyed our hotel and location.

Antonia M, all of the team look forward to welcoming you back soon in our property.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Defense
Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel
Novotel Paris La Defense
Novotel Paris La Defense
#6 of 41 in La Defense

Been to Hilton Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!