“9:00PM Lock-Out!!”

Hilton Paris La Defense
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I returned after 9:00PM and all the doors were closed and locked. I had no way to enter the hotel. There were no signs or instructions on how or where to re-enter the hotel after 9:00PM. I had to 'wander' around the huge CNIT building looking for an open entrance. It was dark and cold, in a totally unfamiliar area. This was a horrible experience. I personally will never stay there again. I have already told my colleagues to not stay at this hotel.

Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Jeffery E
H0tel_Manager_13, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Jeffery E,

I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Paris.

I sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay with us. For your information, we are currently working on this project with the CNIT Technical team.

However, for such a situation, please do not hesitate to contact our Front Office team, they are pleased to assist our guests.

Despite this unfortunate experience, we hope to welcome you back to our property.

gerald.vanreck@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,713)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We looked for a reasonably priced **** hotel with all amenities that has a good location to visit Paris and the sights in the surroundings. The Hilton La Defense was a perfect hit. Not only did it have a very friendly staff, reasonable prices for Paris. It also offered direct access to public transport - from the hotel via the conference center into the public underground: the Metro 1 gets you to Palais Royal within 16 minutes; the RER A to Gare de Lyon in next to no time. From there we went to Fontainebleau in just over 30 minutes; and the Tram 2 gets you directly to Sevres and its Royal procellan manufacturer. With the direct bus we hit Malmaison Palace, also within 16 minutes.
So the Hilton La Defense may look as if it is too far out for the tourist. But it truly was a good choice to explore Paris.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
H0tel_Manager_13, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear trufflesnout,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments following your visit last year.
I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay and found that our location was ideal to go and visit major historical places in Paris and suburb. Kindly note that it is a pleasure for us to receive such positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back should you require accommodation in town.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was there some times and some problems happened before, but this hotel has something different, THEY CARE, so I decided to stay there again after a long time, and It was a great surprise. My stay was great and I was assisted all the time in everything I needed.
The Hotel has a great location in the CNIT and on a La defense Subway station making it do easy to go everywhere in Paris. It´s also in front of the biggest mall in the city and in a very modern area full of great shops and restaurants.
The breakfast is amazing and the concierge service is one of the most efficient at the Hilton network

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear ElcioBR,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed being with us and that you appreciated our dedicated team and service. Indeed, it is a pleasure for us to see that your impression changed at this occasion.

ElcioBR, all of the team look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed at the hotel twice in the last couple of weeks and each time was offered an upgrade. First time for 20Eu, second time it had risen to 25Eu? Declined the second time and the room I was in was better than the upgrade i had paid for the first time! Service was very good, however on both occassions, the internet kept dropping out. When paying 20Eu for 24 hours access, this is not good. Dinner was an experience to be forgotten. Very poor quality. Saved by the service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in the business district of Paris. We had a wonderful stay. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. It was easy to get to the tourist areas, as the Metro (subway) station is just outside of the hotel. It was only a 5-7 minute ride to the beginning of the tourist areas. There was a huge selection of items at the breakfast buffet. Our only complaint was the staff in the breakfast area. They were not accommodating at all. We were pretty much ignored and we felt like we were a bother to them. We had to ask for coffee multiple times each day. Overall, this is a very nice Hilton property and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisav2006

Dear Lisav2006,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us. However, I have taken note of your comments regarding the service at breakfast. Rest assured that this will be discussed with our Food and Beverage Manager in order to take corrective actions. Indeed, this kind of information assists us in strengthening the service we provide to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back here when you next require accommodation in town.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Good service / great staff - very helpful and friendly staff. Location is out of the main center of Paris, however...

It is next to the metro station, so easy to catch a metro. But it is way out of the main center of town.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank USAWelder

Dear USAWelder,

I would like to thank you for your nice comments on our hotel facility despite the fact you did not enjoy our location.

I hope however to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Perfect location on the metro for absolutely eveything. Very modern, staff are lovely! Breakfast if fantastic.

We were 3 girls on a weekend of shopping, sightseeing, and eating.........cannot fault this hotel at all!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear lsilver,

I do thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding you and your friends’ recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We thrive on our guests' satisfaction and your comments are a great encouragement to both the Management and Staff.

All of the team looks forward to welcoming you back for a future stay in Paris.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Defense
Passy
Hotel Felicien by Elegancia
Hotel Felicien by Elegancia
#401 of 1,804 in Paris

Been to Hilton Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!