“Good business oriented hotel”

Hilton Paris La Defense
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We were here for a large conference in the attached buildings for convenience it couldn't be beat. But the surroundings were a disappointment as there were few places to eat in the evening outside of a few chain restaurants. The hotel itself has an excellent restAurant but very expensive. Because we were a 20€ cab ride outside of the city it felt isolated in the evening. The rooms were well equipped and clean with great amenities and the daily breakfast well worth the costs.

• Stayed: February 2013
H0tel_Manager_13, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Bklynlarkhi2012,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.
It is particularly pleasing to note that your impression of our hotel was good.
We look forward to welcoming you back for a future event in Paris.

gerald.vanreck@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,712)

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hilton again delivers a high quality hotel...although it seems that many taxi drivers do not know how to reach the hotel, once there, one can enjoy the peacefulness of the room and high quality food from the restaurant. Would definitely recommend for business and pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
H0tel_Manager_13, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Patricia2010_5,

Thank you very much for your comments on this website. I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests.

Patricia2010_5, all of the team look forward to welcoming you all back to the Hilton York very soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

After spending almost a week in another Hilton - in Prague - I was expecting a lot more from the Hilton Paris La Defence. My deception is coming from two aspects - the hotel looks worn off, old, it is smelly and lacks the usual feeling of a Hilton. The second is the staff. When I arrived, I wasn't upgraded, as I got usual for my Gold status. Then my room, even being a non-smoking one, was smelling cigarettes as hell. I complained and they changed it to a clean looking one, but once again, old and used. On the positive side I will note a nice breakfast and a working Internet connection. The metro station for Line 1 is pretty close, which makes life easier if you want to go downtown.
My general recommendation is to avoid this hotel unless you have business in La Defence. There are many other, much better looking options in Boulogne and Neuilly-sur-Seine.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Milko G

Dear Milko G,

I would like to thank you for adding a post on the Trip Advisor site following your visit.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your recent stay at the hotel. Indeed, we always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations. Despite our recent room refurbishment, I understand that they were not to your convenience.

I hope that you will not be deterred from returning to the Hilton Paris La Défense and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel for a 2 day business trip. The hotel itself is ideally located in the business area, Le Grande Arche is literally a 1 min walk.

The rooms were of a decent standard, although when I arrived there was no iron in the room. A quick call and this was rectified however the ironing board was terrible. I know this sounds petty, but such things matter on a business trip when you want your shirts looking right.

The hotel itself is very expensive, even with the company paying it's hard to justify the cost. The WiFi again at 20 EURO is very expensive, it's something you expect to be included at a hotel in this price range (it is free in public areas with a code). I would consider the bar and restaurant again expensive (10 EURO for a 500ml beer), as was room service - but then it is Paris so it is only slightly more than the standard prices.

Check-in was very easy and everyone spoke excellent English. The breakfast was also very good with a good selection of items available.

I would consider staying again, simply for the location to our offices.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear sh33n,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay in our property.

I am pleased to read that you found the hotel to your convenience. I have already taken note that the ironing board in your room was not in a good condition for which I sincerely apologise.

Rest assured that this has been discussed with our Front of House Manager in order to take corrective actions.

We look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The great stay in Paris for a couple of days. Clean room, bathroom, all necessary staff included (shampoo), hydromassage bath was excellent working. Only on the weekend days littlebit slower service during breakfast.
The hotel has greal location in the modern part of the city, underground is very close, straigt to historical center.

1  Thank Blabunka

Dear Blabunka,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments following your recent visit to our hotel. All guest feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate your participation.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The staff at the front desk were very polite, professional, and helpful. My room was good-sized, although it did overlook a covered interior courtyard and the hotel lobby, so there was little natural light. The room was tastefully decorated and had a rather large flat screen TV with CNN, BBC World, and Bloomberg.

The location is outside of central Paris. It is conveniently located very close to the La Defense Metro station at the end of the Metro 1 line. The route from the subway to the Hilton is essentially unmarked, so it can actually be a bit difficult to find the hotel, especially after 8:30pm or so when the CNIT mall closes (which blocks the main passageway from the Metro to the hotel). The hotel is connected to CNIT, so it is a very conveniently located hotel if you are attending a conference at CNIT.

The WiFi service at this hotel, which is provided by iBAHN, is absolutely terrible. Even though the hotel rates are extremely high, the hotel still charges an additional 20 Euros per night for WiFi service! This rate is ridiculously high, especially since these days a number of other hotels in Paris provide high-quality WiFi for free. For 20 Euros per night, I expected the WiFi to be very fast, but it is instead one of the most incredibly slow Internet connections that I have encountered in some time. It is so slow that it takes a few minutes just to download a file that is only 20 or 30 MB, i.e., a large presentation or a few large pictures. If the file is larger than that, then the system seems to freeze during the middle of the download and then terminate the download.

I had a few iPhone apps in iTunes that had updates, and the system would inevitably only download at most 1 or 2 of the apps before freezing. One of the app updates was 45 MB, and I have been unable to download that update for 2 days in a row after trying several times. The WiFi service also seems by design to disconnect altogether after 2 or 3 hours, ensuring that any large file transfer that was not interrupted by the poor quality WiFi service previously is definitely halted. I spoke with other guests staying in different parts of the hotel, and they also complained that the Internet service was incredibly slow and seemed to freeze sometimes.

The fnac store in the CNIT mall reportedly sells a 3G USB wireless data modem with a prepaid option (from the French SFR mobile phone service provider). The Les Quatre Temps mall across from the hotel also includes an fnac store as well as retail outlets for mobile phone service providers SFR, Orange, Bouygues, and Virgin Mobile. If you are going to stay at the Hilton for 2 days or more and you would like Internet access, then I suggest that you consider spending the Internet fee instead on a 3G USB wireless data modem with a prepaid option at one of those outlets.

Room Tip: A number of the rooms have windows that look inside the mall, so you may want to request a room that...

Dear Todd_Whitehurst,

I would like to thank you for your comments on this website.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.

I have well noted your feedback regarding our internet service. Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience encountered. Indeed, as you mentioned, our hotel works with a third party internet provider which is currently working on solving issues.
With regard to the fees, please note that we do regular checks with competition and that we are within the average of rates proposed.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to our property.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

You say Hilton, you expect a great experience. Well first of all it was difficult to find, not even the taxi driver could find it and left us wherever to go to the hotel. No signs whatsovever. The rooms and the service are average, nothing to get excited about, for example the toilet seat was old and had black scratches on it, something I wouldn't expect from Hilton. Room service was slow too and one of the phones in my room didn't work. Luckly there was a second one.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
H0tel_Manager_13, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear samesame2011,

First of all, let me thank you for your comments following your stay with us.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your recent stay and particularly with your room. Rest assured that your feedback has already been shared with our Chief Engineer in order to take appropriate action in order to avoid such a situation.

I do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Defense
Passy
Hotel Felicien by Elegancia
Hotel Felicien by Elegancia
#410 of 1,804 in Paris

Been to Hilton Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!