1,879 results
All reviews relaxation room shopping mall cnit building business district hotel is located business hotel metro station grand arch business trip tourist attractions grande arche cdg airport taxi driver croissants paris concierge thumb
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel for a 2 day business trip. The hotel itself is ideally located in the business area, Le Grande Arche is literally a 1 min walk.

The rooms were of a decent standard, although when I arrived there was no iron in the room. A quick call and this was rectified however the ironing board was terrible. I know this sounds petty, but such things matter on a business trip when you want your shirts looking right.

The hotel itself is very expensive, even with the company paying it's hard to justify the cost. The WiFi again at 20 EURO is very expensive, it's something you expect to be included at a hotel in this price range (it is free in public areas with a code). I would consider the bar and restaurant again expensive (10 EURO for a 500ml beer), as was room service - but then it is Paris so it is only slightly more than the standard prices.

Check-in was very easy and everyone spoke excellent English. The breakfast was also very good with a good selection of items available.

I would consider staying again, simply for the location to our offices.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
H0tel_Manager_13, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear sh33n,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay in our property.

I am pleased to read that you found the hotel to your convenience. I have already taken note that the ironing board in your room was not in a good condition for which I sincerely apologise.

Rest assured that this has been discussed with our Front of House Manager in order to take corrective actions.

We look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The great stay in Paris for a couple of days. Clean room, bathroom, all necessary staff included (shampoo), hydromassage bath was excellent working. Only on the weekend days littlebit slower service during breakfast.
The hotel has greal location in the modern part of the city, underground is very close, straigt to historical center.

1  Thank Blabunka

Dear Blabunka,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments following your recent visit to our hotel. All guest feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate your participation.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The staff at the front desk were very polite, professional, and helpful. My room was good-sized, although it did overlook a covered interior courtyard and the hotel lobby, so there was little natural light. The room was tastefully decorated and had a rather large flat screen TV with CNN, BBC World, and Bloomberg.

The location is outside of central Paris. It is conveniently located very close to the La Defense Metro station at the end of the Metro 1 line. The route from the subway to the Hilton is essentially unmarked, so it can actually be a bit difficult to find the hotel, especially after 8:30pm or so when the CNIT mall closes (which blocks the main passageway from the Metro to the hotel). The hotel is connected to CNIT, so it is a very conveniently located hotel if you are attending a conference at CNIT.

The WiFi service at this hotel, which is provided by iBAHN, is absolutely terrible. Even though the hotel rates are extremely high, the hotel still charges an additional 20 Euros per night for WiFi service! This rate is ridiculously high, especially since these days a number of other hotels in Paris provide high-quality WiFi for free. For 20 Euros per night, I expected the WiFi to be very fast, but it is instead one of the most incredibly slow Internet connections that I have encountered in some time. It is so slow that it takes a few minutes just to download a file that is only 20 or 30 MB, i.e., a large presentation or a few large pictures. If the file is larger than that, then the system seems to freeze during the middle of the download and then terminate the download.

I had a few iPhone apps in iTunes that had updates, and the system would inevitably only download at most 1 or 2 of the apps before freezing. One of the app updates was 45 MB, and I have been unable to download that update for 2 days in a row after trying several times. The WiFi service also seems by design to disconnect altogether after 2 or 3 hours, ensuring that any large file transfer that was not interrupted by the poor quality WiFi service previously is definitely halted. I spoke with other guests staying in different parts of the hotel, and they also complained that the Internet service was incredibly slow and seemed to freeze sometimes.

The fnac store in the CNIT mall reportedly sells a 3G USB wireless data modem with a prepaid option (from the French SFR mobile phone service provider). The Les Quatre Temps mall across from the hotel also includes an fnac store as well as retail outlets for mobile phone service providers SFR, Orange, Bouygues, and Virgin Mobile. If you are going to stay at the Hilton for 2 days or more and you would like Internet access, then I suggest that you consider spending the Internet fee instead on a 3G USB wireless data modem with a prepaid option at one of those outlets.

Room tip: A number of the rooms have windows that look inside the mall, so you may want to request a room that faces outside.

Dear Todd_Whitehurst,

I would like to thank you for your comments on this website.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.

I have well noted your feedback regarding our internet service. Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience encountered. Indeed, as you mentioned, our hotel works with a third party internet provider which is currently working on solving issues.
With regard to the fees, please note that we do regular checks with competition and that we are within the average of rates proposed.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to our property.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

You say Hilton, you expect a great experience. Well first of all it was difficult to find, not even the taxi driver could find it and left us wherever to go to the hotel. No signs whatsovever. The rooms and the service are average, nothing to get excited about, for example the toilet seat was old and had black scratches on it, something I wouldn't expect from Hilton. Room service was slow too and one of the phones in my room didn't work. Luckly there was a second one.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
H0tel_Manager_13, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear samesame2011,

First of all, let me thank you for your comments following your stay with us.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your recent stay and particularly with your room. Rest assured that your feedback has already been shared with our Chief Engineer in order to take appropriate action in order to avoid such a situation.

I do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Hilton La Defence is a good choice to stay in Paris. It's located near by great shopping facilities and good metro connections. La Defence is modern part of Paris where you can easily reach all sights in Paris by metro and taxi. There is a lot of things to do in La Defence too. Great modern Arch is next building to Hilton hotel. Some rooms have good views to Great Arch and La Defence main square. Hotel is very peaceful and clean with big rooms.

Date of stay: February 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear HOHarrison,

I am pleased to learn that our hotel and facilities were to your expectations.

You are right saying that there are lots of things to do and to see in La Défense. This is not only a business district but also an attraction for leisure.

Thank you again for your feedback. All of the team look forward to welcoming you back soon in our property.