“Good Property and Perfect Location for La Defense”

Hilton Paris La Defense
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
London
“Good Property and Perfect Location for La Defense”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was pleased with the quality of the hotel and the reasonable cost given the location. Just note its difficult to find given that it is not signposted from the ring road very clearly, my cab driver took 45 minutes of circling (but it could have been his lack of local knowledge). Check in was smooth, sadly I forget his name but a guy from Sweden checked me in and was pleasant giving me a minor upgrade due to my (lack of status but) HH membership which he didn't have to do. The room was not huge but the bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom serviceable with nice toiletries. I looked out into a shopping area which was interesting but not disturbing by any means. The breakfast buffet was pretty comprehensive as you would expect from a Hilton and in general the experience was good across all fronts.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Angelina8888
H0tel_Manager_13, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Angelina8888,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We were delighted to read that you had enjoyed your visit. We thrive on our guests' satisfaction and your comments are a great encouragement to the Team here. Be assured that David at the Reception, the person you refer to, is well informed of your nice comment.

Dear Angelina8888, we look forward to welcoming you back when you next require accommodation in town.

Yours sincerely,

gerald.vanreck@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 31, 2012

After stays at Hilton's in Prague,Sicily,Brussels,and Munich,guess I am spoiled.
Took my daughter and granddaughter here for a special Christmas trip. I emailed the hotel directly explaining this and requesting early check in(as Diamond member) as well as transportation from CDG airport.:
THE GOOD:
Hotel is in great location with both Metro and RER located in CNIT (mall) downstairs.
Room was large with 2 queen beds (as requested)
Breakfast in hotel was good.
We enjoyed an excellent dinner in the hotel restaurant.
Drinks at the bar were really good.
Lots of shops and restaurants in mall.
There was Christmas Village right near hotel with many interesting stalls and great things to buy.
KUDOS to Doane, Angela and Anand for actually being pleasant and helpful! Perhaps they should school the front desk staff?
THE NOT SO GOOD:
Waited 2 hours for our room to be ready for our "early check in"
Our room was unbearably hot. After informing desk, and after they sent tech up to fix, it was still to hot....the only way it was bearable was after I told the desk to turn off the heat completely, and just have air.
No executive lounge, (but was given vouchers for drinks at the bar)
Did not get requested upgrade, understandable as it was busy Christmas week, however, could have been informed in more pleasant manner.
If you are expecting a smiling warm welcome- this is not the place.

OTHER:
Travel around Paris is easy as they have a really great transportation system.
Trip to this city to see Louvre (look for entrance on side, rather than main),
Eiffel Tower (see both during day and night)
Musee d'Orsey (very crowded, line wait 1 hour with ticket)
Sacré-Cœur Basilica, is definitely worth the trip.
Arc De Triomphe, Champ Elysees are great walking trips.

Room Tip: If you need two queen, you will be on the mall side. Otherwise, ask for outside view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank diopat
Dear diopat,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay and our facility and would like to thank you on behalf of Angela, Anand and Doane who were very happy with your kind comment.

However, I have observed your comments regarding your experience with the air conditioning in your room and upon check-in. Rest assured that I have personally discussed this with our Front of House Manager as well as our Chief Engineer in order to take corrective actions.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed December 22, 2012

部屋の窓の景色はモールを上から見下ろした景色で一切外が見えない。部屋を変更してもらえるよう申し出たがツインルームは空きが無いと断られた。エグゼクティブラウンジはない、フィットネスはあるが最低限レベルでつまらない。朝食は種類が豊富で、サラダやトマトジュースが美味しかった。クリスマスでめちゃくちゃ混雑しているパリの喧騒から少し離れた立地は良かった。
Window of our room had absolutely no outside view. I asked for room change, but it was not possible due to the no availability of two bedded room we requested. There is no executive lounge, but there is a fitness center with very minimim facilities, which opens 24/7. We enjoyed American style breakfast with good salad and juices. Paris was crazy with so many people rushing for Christmas shopping, so it turns out to be good that we stayed little outside of center of Paris.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear pray4Japan,

I would like to thank you for providing with your comments following your recent stay in our hotel.

I have noted with regret that you did not enjoy your room and that we were not able to offer you the equivalent with an outside view. I would sincerely like to apologise for any discomfort this may have caused. On a future visit, please do not hesitate to require a room facing the Parvis de La Défense upon reservation.

Despite this situation, I understand that you enjoyed our overall service and your stay in Paris.

Dear pray4Japan, I look forward to welcoming you and your family again.

Huelva, Spain
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I spent five nights because I had a business trip in a company in la Defense. I had big expectation about sleeping in a Hilton Hotel but even sleeping was difficult because of the bad HVAC system, that made me stay cool during nights, even after having complaint about it.
Nothing was included in the fee, and Internet prices raised to 18 €/day (in France you can have a prepay SIM for 20 €/month). This is unbelievable nowadays, specially in a financial district where most clients need Internet after work.
It is the first hotel where you find no one after having entered. You have to go up one level to discover the reception: was this building intended to be a hotel?

Room Tip: If your room has access to CNIT Commercial Centre, you can 'share' its free WIFI.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
StephaneMercier, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear GorgueA,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Paris.

I sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay with us.
Rest assured that your comments have been brought to our Chief Engineer’s attention. I assure you that we took every possible measure to avoid these types of experiences.

Dear GorgueA, I hope that despite your disappointment, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in order to redeem ourselves.

Wheatley, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I took advantage of my husband working in La Defense to nip out for a bit of Christmas shopping. The room was very comfortable and I quite liked looking out of the window into the shopping centre! You are above them and there are net curtains so they can,t see in. Bathroom toiletries were luxurious and the breakfast range was extensive. The bar is a complete rip off though. The Christmas market just outside was fantastic and the shopping centre "4 temps" is all anyone could need - Unless you are the type that requires the insane prices of 'posey' Printemps. It's easy to get into central Paris for the evening or go half way on the metro and then take a romantic walk down the Champs ÉLysées.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Deb092,

Please receive my sincere thanks for your nice comments following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel location and its neighbourhood nicely illuminated on this special Christmas time.

Dear Deb092, I hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I'm a Hilton Honors Gold and have stayed here a few times while traveling for work. The hotel is located outside of the tourist area of Paris and in a shopping mall. It is a very modern hotel and I agree with other reviews that it is a very convenient for metro and taxis. The hotel is at the end of line 1 which will take you straight to the Champs Elysee, Notre Dame, etc. so quite convenient. The hotel has a nice fitness center with treadmills, dumbbells, bikes, and a few weight machines, and the restaurant was very good, especially the steak frites, but a little expensive. I went to the cafe at the corner of the arch several times as it had a lively atmosphere and was more moderately priced. The rooms are very modern and the relaxation rooms are very nice for working and relaxing. Overall, it's a very nice hotel but better situated for business than tourism if you want to wake up to smell of patisseries in the city.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear 456Jeff,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us last June. I am delighted to hear that you appreciated your visit.

I understand you come to visit us regularly, so I hope to welcome you back for a future stay in Paris and have the pleasure to meet you in person.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Lovely hotel inside a commercial mall which is unique idea. They recognize Priority Club members as we stayed 8 nights using reward points. The room was nicely decorated and twin beds were provided as requested. The staff was friendly, professional and helpful. It was a fabulous touch to open our door to find a chilled bottle of French champagne and freshly baked pastries. The French have such panache. J'aime beaucoup la France!!! It's a quick 15 minute train ride to main Champs d'Lysees avenue shopping area. Highly recommended property!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Dear leel1,

I would like to thank very much for your comments following your stay with us beginning of the year.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed staying with us and hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon in our property.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Defense
Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel
Novotel Paris La Defense
Novotel Paris La Defense
#6 of 41 in La Defense

Been to Hilton Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!