“Modern Paris hotel, better for business”

Hilton Paris La Defense
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I'm a Hilton Honors Gold and have stayed here a few times while traveling for work. The hotel is located outside of the tourist area of Paris and in a shopping mall. It is a very modern hotel and I agree with other reviews that it is a very convenient for metro and taxis. The hotel is at the end of line 1 which will take you straight to the Champs Elysee, Notre Dame, etc. so quite convenient. The hotel has a nice fitness center with treadmills, dumbbells, bikes, and a few weight machines, and the restaurant was very good, especially the steak frites, but a little expensive. I went to the cafe at the corner of the arch several times as it had a lively atmosphere and was more moderately priced. The rooms are very modern and the relaxation rooms are very nice for working and relaxing. Overall, it's a very nice hotel but better situated for business than tourism if you want to wake up to smell of patisseries in the city.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
StephaneMercier, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear 456Jeff,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us last June. I am delighted to hear that you appreciated your visit.

I understand you come to visit us regularly, so I hope to welcome you back for a future stay in Paris and have the pleasure to meet you in person.

Stephane.mercier@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,715)

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Lovely hotel inside a commercial mall which is unique idea. They recognize Priority Club members as we stayed 8 nights using reward points. The room was nicely decorated and twin beds were provided as requested. The staff was friendly, professional and helpful. It was a fabulous touch to open our door to find a chilled bottle of French champagne and freshly baked pastries. The French have such panache. J'aime beaucoup la France!!! It's a quick 15 minute train ride to main Champs d'Lysees avenue shopping area. Highly recommended property!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

Dear leel1,

I would like to thank very much for your comments following your stay with us beginning of the year.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed staying with us and hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon in our property.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I originally booked the Hilton Arc de Triomphe but was moved here as that hotel is no longer a Hilton. At first I was upset, due to the La Defense location--but don't worry I actually think this is a better location than most! The RER and Metro stop is so close to the hotel. The RER A will have you at the Arc de Triomphe in under 10 minutes and to other destinations on the right bank in under 15. I've stayed in the center of Paris and have had longer metro rides than from here. It's a great location for seeing Paris believe it or not!

The room was modern. Floor 4 smelled a little odd, as did our room. It got better over the course of our stay. I can't place what it was, it was just off. We were in a Deluxe King. It had an outside view of the esplanade which was an improvement over seeing into a mall. The bathroom also had a seperate shower and tub. Don't be fooled by this though! The shower was SO SMALL, smaller than a cruise ship shower. It leaked water everywhere and was unpleasant to use unfortunately. The tub was nice, and I would have rather it have been a shower/tub combination. The bathroom simply isn't big enough, so they should not have squeezed it in. The room also had a couch. It was a nice room, especially for Paris. Did it have charm? Well no, I guess not, but I actually appreciate the modern style much more though so it worked for me. The staff were consistently friendly and helpful!

As a Hilton Gold member I had free breakfast everyday in the buffet. The buffet was decent. The offerings could change a little more. For example, it was the same kind of potatoes everyday (hash browns). Would I pay 26 Euros for it? No. But it is a great perk. The free internet as a Gold was welcomed too as this would be 18 Euros a day, which is a little pricy.

Is it the romantic hotel in the center of Paris? No, but as a tourist, it is a wonderful location with modern rooms just a short train ride away to the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, and other locations. We never rode the metro/RER for more than 25 minutes to get anywhere, and usually only had to transfer once. Due to this fact, I'd stay here again, as I found it more convenient than when I stayed near Montparnasse.

Room Tip: Superior and deluxe rooms are basically the same--except the Superior looks into the mall and the de...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Airb330

Dear Airb330,

I want to sincerely thank you for your great comments following your stay with us.
It is a pleasure for us to read that despite the business orientation of the La Défense district, our hotel meets also our guests’ expectation for leisure stays.
As you mentioned, hotel is only at ten minutes from Paris city centre and our area offers a huge transportation network which is a great advantage.

Dear Airb330, I look forward to welcoming you again soon here at La Défense.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This Hilton is well located at La Defense in Paris. The metro is handy, as are taxis. The rooms are nicely decorated in a modern style, but they overlook interior mall or conference centre spaces. I never feel comfortable with a window that opens to an interior space. There's no option of fresh air, and no way of judging time of day or weather conditions by looking out a window. The first night there, I went to the bar to enjoy a glass of wine and use the internet (which costs 18E per 24 hours). The service was slow and indifferent. I had to eventually walk over to the bar to request my order, and later, do the same to request my bill.
The bathtub wasn't entirely clean. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. When I return to Paris, I will choose a different hotel.

Room Tip: ask if any rooms have windows to outside
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jill T

Dear Jill T,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Paris.

I sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay with us especially with our Bar team and your bathroom cleaning. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any discomfort encountered. We greatly value our guests’ opinions and we have taken in consideration your comments. They will of course be forwarded to the relevant management for their attention.

We do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

After staying in Cannes for 3 nights, then near the Gardens of Luxembourg for 3 nights, we stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. My dad had Hilton points and let us use them here. At first I was skeptical that it was going to be really far away from everything (just from looking at a map), but it was actually much more enjoyable staying here than our time in the middle of Paris.

The architecture in La Defense is really neat, and this hotel is located in a little mall - which was pretty cool actually. This hotel is very close to the metro station, and it was only a short ride into the middle of Paris. The front desk staff was extremely helpful, and was very good at speaking English.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank McCormickRanch

Dear McCormickRanch,

Thank you for your nice comments following your stay with us.

It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our hotel and Front Office team in particular was positive.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our property.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Awesome place to stay. Easy access to the Subway (Metro). Staff spoke English. Doane who is the Concierge is awesome, knowledgeable, goes out of his way to help anyway he can. Breakfast buffet was included in our package. Hotel very clean and quiet. Shopping area right in the same building. Good choices for eating.

Room Tip: Some floors have a view of the shopping area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeannette O
StephaneMercier, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Jeannette O,

Thank you for your kind comments on this website.

I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay and that Doane and the team made your stay enjoyable! It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Being a regular Hilton hotel guest all over the world, I was very disappointed with this hotel. It is located in a good neighbourhood, right next to a main subway station, and built in a spectacular style, the hotel laid out within a giant concrete dome.
However, here come the down sides, which lead to my poor rating:
Coming from the metro station you don't find the hotel entrance. There is no signage, and the entrance is hidden away behind a street bridge. The heating didn't work in our room, and as we found out it didn't work in the hotel at all. My guess is that in order to save cost the heating hadn't been turned on for winter as yet (November!). We finally got a small heater put into our room, and we saw some heaters in front of other rooms. This is not Hilton standard! There was only one glass and one pair of slippers in our room. The hotel obviously caters to business travellers, but not to couples. The bar closes at midnight even on a Saturday. That is when Paris starts to go out. The breakfast buffet closes at 11.00 a. m. However, at 10.30 a. m. most of the food is gone, and not replenished, and what's left is cold. The staff hardly speak English at all. The minibar has no red wine - and we are in France! Overall I cannot recommend this hotel for private travel due to it's poor customer attention.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Buronian

Dear Buronian,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Paris.

It is with deep regret that we read that your experience at our property was not to your expectations, for which we sincerely apologise. Indeed, at all times, we strive to exceed guest expectations.

Following your comments regarding the temperature of our guestrooms, I would like to assure you that there is no heating restriction applied in our hotel and that the comfort of our guest is our top priority. However, I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that this caused you.

With regards to our Tangerine bar opening hours, I understand your disappointment but please note that these opening hours are in accordance with French regulations.

Regarding your experience at breakfast please be assured that your feedback will be brought to our Food and Beverage Manager’s attention in order to take the appropriate actions.

Lastly, I confirm that there is no red wine in our mini bars. Indeed, this can be ordered from our room service where it is stored at room temperature. On a future occasion, please do not hesitate to contact our room service who will be pleased to assist you.

Dear Buronian, despite the above, we would like to redeem ourselves and prove to you that your experience was the exception rather the rule. We would like the opportunity to welcome you back for your next visit to Paris. Please be so kind as to contact me directly when making your arrangements, I would be delighted to assist with the reservation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Defense
Passy
Hotel Felicien by Elegancia
Hotel Felicien by Elegancia
#413 of 1,804 in Paris

Been to Hilton Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!