1,859 results
All reviews relaxation room shopping mall diamond member cnit building business district hotel is located business hotel metro station grand arch business trip grande arche cdg airport quatre temps croissants paris concierge thumb
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Although, situated in the businessdistrict its just not up to business standard. The rooms are IKEA standard outdated and not well maintained. This Hilton has no exec lounge!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Ets10
StephaneMercier, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear Ets10,

I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Paris.

I sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay with us.
We greatly value our guests’ opinions and we have taken in consideration your comments.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

The location is pretty good, beside the Grande Arche, in the heart of the business district with great shopping in the huge mall facing the hotel.

The problems:

#1 Unlike a "business hotel", this Hilton does not have an Executive Lounge. If you are a elite HH member, you will forgo this benefit and you will have no free cocktails, drinks or food, with no quiet place to hang out/work away from the tourists .. (and if you order ANYTHING from the room service menu you will face a 7 Euro "delivery fee", mentioned in fine, cursive print on the menu). The breakfast at the restaurant was just so so (I saw only 1 type of fruit juice; and no one even seated me or asked if I wanted coffee or tea). There were lots of tourists with children, so I didn't quite seem like a "business hotel".

#2 The biggest problem has been mentioned before in these reviews: access after 10pm or so. You will find the entrance to the mall locked and there are NO signs showing you the way in, and you will find no one around to assist you. The easiest way in is to walk around the side to where the taxi drop off is and get in through the revolving door (the lobby is 1 floor above). I figured this out by dead-reckoning...if the hotel is here, there must be an entrance (a.k.a breach in the wall...) somewhere. Shame that Hilton has not bothered to address this recurring problem.

#3 If you have luggage and travel by Metro or the RER, you may be confronted by steps everywhere. Secret: There is a small lift just in fron to the Grande Arche that takes you to the station without any steps or escalators.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Grand Arche.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank KT785

Dear KT785,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Paris.

It is with regret that I take note that your experience at our property was not to your expectations, for which I sincerely apologise. Indeed, at all times, we strive to exceed Guest expectations.

Indeed, as you mentioned, our hotel does not offer an Executive lounge due to its size. However, kindly be informed that as a consequence our room rates do reflect this and that our Hilton Honors Guests are on an average truly satisfied with their benefits.

I have also observed your remark regarding difficulties encountered in finding our hotel entrance at night. Kindly note that our main entrance located Place Carpeaux is accessible to our Guests at any time. In addition, I would like to assure you that we are working on a way to facilitate our Guests arrival from the train station at night.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back when you next require accommodation in town.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The la Defense Hilton is good for business activities close by, but since our meetings were being held approx 7-8km away it took approx 30-40 minutes by taxi to get to our meeting venue. Hotel breakfast was very good and being within walking distance of a few restaurants made this hotel one of our favorites. Access to the Metro is a few short steps away from the hotel. Staff is friendly and are normally very responsive.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Harry S

Dear Harry S,

Thank you very much for your positive comments following your stay with us. Each and every of our Guest feedback is extremely important to us and I do appreciate your input.

Dear Harry S, all team look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for eleven nights and overall we enjoyed it. It is a good option if you want to stay in a good hotel at a relatively reasonable price and avoid the exorbitant prices of the hotels in central Paris. It is it within few metro stops from the Avenue des Champs-Élysées. The metro station is right underneath the hotel which is very convenient. There is a shopping center attached to the hotel and a nearby shopping mall with many eating options for breakfast, lunch or early dinner. The shopping center has a ticketing office where you can buy tickets for most museums and avoid standing in the long lines at museums’ ticketing booths. The staff members at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful especially in planning our sightseeing trips. The rooms are comfortable and spacious by European standards. There are however some negatives. The hotel location is unusual and cannot be easily located by first time visitors. There are no street sings to direct customers to it as the other hotels in the area. Coming from another city by taxi, the driver struggled for almost an hour to find it. Breakfast is expensive at about € 28 per person and the quality and selections are average. We found that the coffee and pastries at the breakfast did not live up to the French standards; therefore after two days we switched to having breakfast in one of the eateries in the shopping center. Internet access is not included even for Hilton Honor silver members and it costs € 18 per day but there is a free Wi Fi in the adjacent shopping center and mall. The central air heating system was not working properly and we had to ask for a portable electric heater. Room make-up needs major improvements. Many times the housekeepers forgot to leave coffee and tea bags and shower gel inside the room and in a couple of cases the bed make up was sloppy and the towels were smelly and we had to ask for replacement. Getting back to the hotel from the metro station is a little difficult at night as the passage that connects the hotel to the shopping center and metro station is closed after 9 PM and we had to get out of the station building and walk around the block to get to the hotel front entrance.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brave_007

Dear Brave_007,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill in a Trip Advisor online survey following your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and our team, which encourage everybody here in providing our quality standards.

However, I have observed your feedback on the cleanliness of your room and bathroom and would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have cause. Rest assured that our Executive Housekeeper will strengthen the points you kindly provide us in order to avoid this situation in the future.

Dear Brave_007, I do look forward to welcoming you back in our property.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend staying for business or pleasure - there were a lot of pros and a few cons but, I would definitely stay again. First let me say, I have status with Hilton's honor program, so there are perks that go along with that, e.g., free breakfast, Internet, and room upgrade/early check-in if available, etc. so, some of the issues mentioned in other reviews, were not issues for me but, if I had to pay 18€ for daily Internet, I would not be happy.
Pros: 1) Great location if you do not mind taking the Metro, RER to get around Paris. Huge mall with grocery store, banks/ATMs, eateries across the plaza. Grande Arche and large plaza can be seen from outside facing rooms. 2) Rooms have updated features, nice bathroom, bed and furnishings 3) Hotel staff was very nice and accommodating 4) Breakfast was good/pretty standard for European hotels but, what stood out to me we're the Chef's croissants-excellent!
Cons: 1) Room temperature-I had the opposite issue of others. My room was blowing cold air out of the HVAC system but, I needed heat given the outside facing room (some rooms face the indoor atrium of the CNIT bldg) and it was about 10-13 degrees C outside. After a long day of exploring the sights in the cold temperatures, winds and rain which can be expected in Paris/April, alls that I wanted was a warm cozy room to relax and put my feet up. Putting up my feet and relaxing was no problem but, I needed to leave my sweater, coat, and scarf on while doing it (kinda kidding but not really). I reported the issue to the front desk but, not much could be done. 2) Generally, my room was clean. By most peoples standards, it was fine/great, but I'm US based and when a hotel room is listed for close to $400 per night, call me crazy, but my expectations are going to reflect as such. My issues, which I did not report, the carpet, which I believe is relatively new, looked either dirty or worn in my room, the toilet (around ring) could have been cleaner, and the blanket they gave me because I was cold in the room could have been better and cleaner. I reported the latter in the hotel survey after check-out.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank snappy2012

Dear snappy2012,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your visit.

With regards to your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room, I would be most appreciative if you could contact me at your convenience so that I can investigate further the reasons of your disappointment on this occasion. The information will also assist us in strengthening the service we provide to our guests.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.