1,850 results
All reviewsrelaxation roomshopping malldiamond membercnit buildingbusiness districthotel is locatedbusiness hotelmetro stationgrand archbusiness tripgrande archecdg airportquatre tempscroissantsparisconciergethumb
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We just returned home from 4 nights at the Paris Hilton La Defense. We were concerned about booking this hotel because we had read a number of negative comments about smells in the rooms and corridors and poor service in the restaurant. Happily, we found this Hilton to be on par with other Hiltons we have stayed at worldwide---in other words, excellent. The staff, especially at the front desk and restaurant, are above par, friendly and competent. Check-in was smooth. Our room was clean, very comfortable and quiet. We faced the courtyard across from the huge mall. We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Breakfasts were good and service was efficient. We don't like runny scrambled eggs so we ordered cook-to-order eggs each morning. A few mornings, they offered toasted pita bread with a roasted eggplant spread. It was delicious. I especially liked the natural yogurt that came in little glass bottles. There were cold cuts, cheeses, breads, pastries, fruit, cereals, coffee, tea, juices. This Hilton is very convenient because it is above the RER train and line 1 metro stations. And, it is connected to a HUGE mall with all sorts of eateries and shops and a big grocery store.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing outside unless you like facing into the inside mall.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingTraveler
StephaneMercier, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Dear TravelingTraveler,

Thank you very much for your nice feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We were delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your visit. We thrive on our guests' satisfaction and your comments are a great encouragement to both the Management and Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Paris La Défense when you next require accommodation in Paris.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times due to location to my office and each time in the last 6 months I find it gets worse. I am a hilton diamond member so well travelled and have stayed at lots of hiltons worldwide.
I arrived a day late due to international flight delays and even though I had emailed reservations to say I was late, my room was given away and I was told the hotel was full. After about 20 mins and the check in girl going to speak to her supervisor they found me a room but I was told I had to move the following day - not an issue and I was moved from 4th floor to 3rd floor the following day.

The room itself is new and has been recently decorated by the smells of paint etc. I found that at night once all lights were out due to all the new technology and blue illuminated light switches that don't go off I can't sleep, honestly there are about 5 of these in the room along with TV lights the room in never in complete darkness.
The corridor on the 3 rd floor has had its carpets lifted and workmen are currently working there so very dusty and I have heard others complaining about this. I asked to be moved but again told hotel was full.
On tuesday 17th I went to use gym at lunchtime to find it closed but told it would possibly reopen in the evening but would be the following day, needless to say I went to use gym again today and its still closed.

The restaurant has a limited menu so out of the 3 fish dishes only one was available, its overpriced at 34 euros for fish or meat and all starters start from 20 euros.
I am extremely disappointed with my stay here and it is not cheap at 250 euros a night I can find better in town but choose here because its next to my office. I asked to leave early but told they cannot refund my money even though I cant use the facilities I wanted and they are redecorating.

I spend 7 - 10 days a month in paris and would always pick the hilton but now they have lost a loyal customer.

I have moved to the sofitel La defense and very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank chelsea1977
StephaneMercier, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Dear chelsea1977,

I would like to thank you again for your comments throughout your stay with us and for your participation on Trip Advisor. We did not meet your expectations for which I reiterate my most sincere apologies.

We trust however, that actions taken following our last correspondence have demonstrate our deep regrets and that these do fully satisfy you.

I look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Was indeed a good hotel. Metro just below. Very convenient. Breakfast was excellent and service was good.

• Stayed: December 2011
StephaneMercier, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

Dear nsunder,

I would like to thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear you do appreciate our hotel facility and service we provide.

For your next visit to Paris, please do not hesitate to contact me, I will be delighted to assist with the reservation.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

We had put off going to Paris because of the reviews we read on this site about how small Paris hotel rooms are. I am not a small woman, but more importantly my husband is a little over 2 metres tall, so it matters to us to have a decent king-size bed and some headroom. So when Hilton had a special offer on this hotel, we thought we'd go for it. And we were very glad we did! It's in a very modern part of Paris, a bit out of town but close to train, tram and metro connections. It took us a while to find the above-ground entrance - we didn't find the walkway at first. But having got there we loved the warm welcome, the clean well appointed room (not huge but still very acceptable), the unusual design, and the modern architecture all around us. Breakfast we chose to include when we booked - and it was well worth it, with a good variety of food for all tastes. What we didn't like was the cost of services in local bars - but the hotel can hardly be blamed for that! The journey into the city was most interesting by tram - we saw parts we never would otherwise have seen - and speediest by rail or metro. Recommended!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Ruth S,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We thrive on our guests' satisfaction and your comments are a great encouragement to all Staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back here when you next require accommodation in town.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed here in July 2011. Family of four including 2 teenage daughters. La Defense is a take-it or leave location. It looks impressive on a sunny day and is very close to the metro on the same line as the Eiffel Tower. The area around the hotel is a bit of a concrete jungle and slightly disconcerting late at night. The hotel is modern and well maintained. Service is average for Paris, a balance between indifference and haughty. I found the full price charge for internet access a bit of a shock given that I had Gold Status with the Hilton Honours Club. I'd use this hotel if you want the Hilton brand but are offered lower prices than close to the centre of the city.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CabinteelyFlyer

Dear CabinteelyFlyer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor on-line guest survey following your recent visit to our hotel. All guest feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate your participation.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel for a future stay in Paris.