1,851 results
All reviewsrelaxation roomshopping malldiamond membercnit buildingbusiness districthotel is locatedbusiness hotelmetro stationgrand archbusiness tripgrande archecdg airportquatre tempscroissantsparisconciergethumb
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I had a great expectation to arrive at the hotel. I choose a great room I prior to arrive I received a confirmation from Hilton that I would stay at the Presidential suite, so… I had everything to have a great time there.
The first problem was in my check in, there were no rooms available and I had to wait hours until they give a room, then they had no Executive Lounge and one of the reason I choose the hotel was because of it. The Hilton website says it has, but actually I hadn’t.
My presidential suite was busy and the manager told me it was a mistake and I could stay there, so according to him, he would place me in another great suite, but…
The breakfast is great, the crew at the restaurant is friendly.
The hotel is at the CNIT Mall, where is also a subway station and really very close to the Arc du Triumph. In front of the hotel the one of the biggest mall in France and the area is a very modern part of Paris, with many high building and great choices of restaurants.

Room Tip: ask for a front room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ElcioBR
StephaneMercier, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Dear ElcioBR,

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. I have well taken note of your observation regarding our non offer of Executive lounge. I would be grateful if you could contact me and advise us about the way you were confirmed our hotel offers this service. As such, I would be able to amend this mistake.

I would like to reiterate our thanks for your overall feedback and inform you that appropriate actions are already taken in order to ensure this situation does not re-occur in the future.

Dear ElcioBR, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Finding this hotel coming out of the metro late at night is difficult and stressful, so a warm welcome from reception would be appreciated - this was lacking. What was also lacking was bar service from a four star hotel. The bar actually closes at midnight on the dot which we found very strange. We did manage one drink but needed a second mortgage.
We were on the third floor and as you leave the lift and walk along the corridor of the third floor, the area has the most unpleasant odour - I would hazard a guess of stale smoke. The corridor walls themselves could do with a lick of paint and right outside our room (323) the edges were badly scuffed and torn.
Room was adequate and the bed extremely comfortable.
Breakfast buffet of a reasonable standard but nothing to write home about - Saturday morning's staff ok but Sunday morning much better.
We had a problem with one of the rooms and when it came to paying the bill, reception sorted very efficiently.
We were so looking forward to this hotel but in all honestly it did not quite deliver.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear Markstradling,

I would like to thank you for your comments following your stay in our hotel. I have noted with regret your various remarks. Rest assured that these will be taken into account in order to improve our service. As an example, I am pleased to inform you that our Housekeeping department has recently delt with cigarette odour of the third floor corridor.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

Just an average hotel. Stains on the carpets, cracked tiles in the bathroom, cigarette smell in the room and you get the picture. Rooms and corridors are not well ventilated. Everything else is just average. The people at the reception do make a decent effort and i am sure it's not their fault this hotel is in this condition.
If you are planning to drive there and have not been to this hotel before DO call in advance and get exact directions on how to park your car. Parking is 26/day, Internet is 18/Day, and there is a 50 Euro/Day refundable deposit for "extras".

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Dear Charlie2825,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent visit to our hotel. All our Guests’ feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate your contribution.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

Firstly, good gym! Lots of machines and equipment. A real surprise.

We had a suite which was nice but starting to date a little. Carpets/upholstery could do with updating. Breakfast was a decent Hilton offering, though the staff there seemed stressed. Our minibar had not been replenished and still had some food left over from the previous occupant. Hmm. When I asked them to sort this out it took them 2 days. Also, even with the Do Not Disturb on the door I had to deal with a cleaner who said (in French) that if we didn't take the cleaning now then we'd have to go without (this was about 2pm). Overall the cleaning staff/service let this hotel down.

As others have pointed out, it's a little more difficult to get back to the hotel late at night than it is to get to the station on your way out. The hotel don't mention this at all and when we came back on the RER we had to go out into the square in the rain to try to find the main entrance. I really think they should make this clear to guests. Also, watch out for the dodgy guys hanging around the station exit near the Grand Arch - Assumed one was going to mug us, sell us drugs or prostitute himself. Either way we gave him a wide berth.

Considering how much cheaper it is compared to central Paris hotels, it's still worth it in my opinion. The Metro and RER don't take long to get into Paris and I'm not giving Hilton at Arc de Triomphe £500 a night! It's hardly well-situated itself....

Oh, and there's no lounge at this hotel, which is disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
StephaneMercier, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Dear Twogaijins,

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay in our Hotel.

This is with great concern that I have noted your comments. Following these and in order to take appropriate corrective actions with our team, I would be grateful if you could contact us directly so we can investigate further.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and in the meantime, remain at your disposal for any of your requirements

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Check in took very long in a very old lobby. The rate per night was quiet high, but hey, we're in Paris. When arriving in room, we got a bit of a shock. Is this Hilton?? Not even close to the Hilton we frequently stay. Only shortly before that I stayed at Hilton Slussen in Stockholm and THAT'S worth the name Hilton. Bed was poor and breakfast was poor, very French really.
If you want to sleep in this quartier of Paris, skip this hotel and look for something cheaper. It will probably offer you the same quality at half the rate.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
StephaneMercier, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Dear thesheikhfromdubai,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I have noted with regret that this has not been to your expectations, for which I sincerely apologise. I would be grateful if you could contact me at your convenience so that I can investigate further the reasons of your disappointment on this occasion. This information will also assist us in strengthening the service we provide to our guests.