“Excellent choice”

Sofitel Paris La Defense
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Comfortable room, kind staff and very professional, I liked the bathroom, the breakfast was very good, the metro is close to the hotel and near by les 4 temps one of the most beautiful mall in Paris, it was very good experience .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
SOFITELDEFENSE, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Dear Manal Z,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Paris la Défense. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback like yours.

Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

The Sofitel La Defence is great a hotel. Very beautiful and comfortable and the staff is really kind. The room is big, specially if you consider that in Paris the accommodations are usually tight. I liked the bathroom with the bathtub.

The location is business oriented, on the modern area of the city. The metro is close to the hotel, what is very helpful. But due to this business focused area, at night there aren't many options for dinner or other attractions, once it is away from the old area where most activity happens. Walking at night, close to the hotel, is a little bit strange, not many people on the streets.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Bonsoir Monsieur,

Sunny greetings from Paris Modern Business District!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review of your last stay at the Sofitel Paris La Défense on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and especially the size of our confortable rooms and our location being 2 minutes away from the Subway Line 1.

We hope to have a chance to welcome you back in the future.

I stay at your entire disposal for further information you may need,

Life is Magnifique in La Défense,

Warm Regards

Reviewed August 29, 2014

This hotel is utterly stunning. Close to the Eiffel Tower which was amazing! Staff are very nice ( and bilingual) and cleaners were very insistent on doing their job. Food was amazing! Real french cuisine. I ordered room service twice and they came with the most amazing complimentary chocolates. I would recommend this hotel to anybody who is planning on visiting the Eiffel Tower or any famous landmark near there. The only down side was that there was a munch bigger family next to us, who's children would not be quiet, but other than that it was fabulous.

Room Tip: They will park your car for you but it is a €20 charge each time.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Bonjour,

Thank you for your very comprehensive review!

It makes me very happy to hear you enjoyed so many of our facilities. This type of customer feedback is what motivates us to keep on providing the absolute best service that we can!

However, I would like to sincerely apologize for the noisy neighbour you had during your stay.

You're always welcome at the Sofitel Paris la Défense.

Hope to have you again soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2014

The Sofitel in La Defence was a very good experience, unlike in many 5 star hotels you didn´t get the feeling that the staff where pompous or false , in fact, i found them to be very professional in a friendly way, we spent 11 days at this hotel so i think it´s fair to suggest we got to know it, the only negatives i could come up with would be the fitness centre is very small (one of the machines wasn´t working) and i could imagine the Breakfast room being on the small side if the hotel was full, when we went it was the end of Ramadan which meant the Saudis where in town and the hotel was full of them,many of them with a full Burkha,the quality of the breakfast was fine has where the services in general, the room was very quiet, the beds comfortable, the wifi worked well and the TV was installed with many foreign channels, their was a good area to work for those needing and the bathrooms where well equipped, everything you expect from a genuine 5 star hotel, we particularly chose the hotel for it´s location, afterall, La Defense has a big shopping centre with restaurants and a cinema, the metro was 3 minutes walk from the hotel, it brings you directly to the Champs Elysee in 10 minutes and Chatelet in 18, it certainly suited us although we are not the traditional tourists, we go to Paris to feel the place and this hotel and it´s staff where great for that!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Antony S,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Sofitel Paris La Défense and many thanks for your kind words!

It is great to hear that your experience with us was most enjoyable and that you truly appreciated every aspect of your stay.

I will be delighted to share your comments with the rest of the team here and we very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there with my wife for four nights .. the rooms are spacious, the breakfast is delicious, it's located in quite area and the underground is only couple of minutes away ... The only negative thing was that some of the taxis have no idea were the hotel is and it costs 10 Euro extra just to reach it

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
SOFITELDEFENSE, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear Humaid,

Warm Greetings from La Défense, Paris Business District!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review on tripadvisor regarding your last stay at the Sofitel Paris La Défense, We were delighted to welcome you and your wife for four nights and we are very happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us! It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback and share them with our dedicated team!

We are sorry to read your comments regarding the taxi fees, The taxis in Paris always charges from the location they come from and We are not able to change this situation.

I stay available for any information or request you may have.

We hope to have a chance to welcome you back upon your next visit in Paris!

Life is Magnifique in La défense!

Reviewed August 26, 2014

My fiance and I stayed there for one night in late July. The hotel is located at La Defense, which was a non-touristy area of Paris (which was good). The hotel is close to Metro and is easy to be found :) The check-in was smooth and we love the welcome drink (we had a really long flight before). The room is spacious, which is rare in Paris at this lovely rate. The room was clean as well. Overall, great place for staying and will definitely consider coming back next time we go to Paris :)

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mchng,

Thank you very much for choosing the Sofitel Paris La Défense upon your last visit in Paris!

We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and especially the confort of your spacious room. We are located near by the metro Line 1, in La Défense, Paris Business district only 10 minutes away from the famous "Champs Elysées" and from the "Musée du Louvre".

I remain available for any information you may need upon your next visit in Paris!

Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in January of this year purely by chance. I was booked into a hotel in the city centre by a colleague. I will not name that hotel as I do not like leaving bad reviews. My room in the other hotel had the smallest room ever. The door, the bed, the toilet, that's it. I woke up early to visit someone in La Defense Paris and I saw this hotel when I went for a coffee. I had instant envy as I saw the nice decor so I booked my night at the desk. Cost me about £130 with breakfast. I checked out my hotel and checked in to the Sofitel. The room was good and my views were great. There is a gallery atop the arch moderne which I visited and a mall. The room had a walk in shower with a rain shower head, I could have stayed there all day.
Breakfast was simple but acceptable and check out was quick. I enjoyed sofitels service and I have since visited Sofitel Dubai on the palm (which was amazing).

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
SOFITELDEFENSE, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Cher Stimpy212,

Warm Greetings from Paris!

Thank you very much for your great comment on Tripadvisor regarding your last stay at the Sofitel Paris La Défense. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your last visit with us, from the rain shower in your room to our modern and chic design.

We hope to have a chance to welcome you back in the future in Paris Modern Business District.

I stay at your entire disposal for further information you may need.

Life is Magnifique in La Défense!