“Lovely hotel”

Sofitel Paris La Defense
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My boyfriend And I are just back from celebrating my birthday for the weekend I enjoyed the hotel location while a distance away from main sights it was very close to RER train line and metro stations . we stayed in a junior suite wonderful sized bath and shower and found it also well equipped ,breakfast was nice but found area that breakfast was served not large enough tables very close together. Staff at reception very pleasant and helpful and we would defiantly stay again

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
SOFITELDEFENSE, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Ruth,

Thank you so much for choosing the Sofitel Paris la Défense for your last Parisian visit and for writing such a positive review following your stay with us.

We are delighted that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed our property, the different amenities we offer and our location.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon; It will definitely be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known throughout the world.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is very nice, clean hotel in the center of the financial district. It is about a 2 minute walk from the Esplanade de La Defense Metro station, next to the last stop on line 1. This line takes you right into the center of the city, and allows for easy connection to all the major sites. It took about 20 minutes with one change to get to Trocadero, one of the Metro stops for the Eiffel Tower. The hotel is modern, has helpful multilingual staff. The bed was comfortable, hotel had a good breakfast buffet, except for the mediocre, runny scrambled eggs. I was visiting on business, and the convention center CNIT was about a 8-10 minute walk. The area also has easy access to RER. There is a huge mall, 4 Temps, right across from CNIT, with just about every store you would expect to find in an upscale shopping center, as well as large Auchan supermarket (think of an order of magnitude upgrade from a typical Walmart supercenter). Overall, I found the hotel to be convenient, good place to stay for a solo business traveler or a couple.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback like yours.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed at Sofiel Paris La Defense with my family of 5 for 7 nights during our trip to Paris (June17th-June24th). We booked two classic rooms via lastminute.com and I asked for two connecting rooms but the hotel was fully booked during our stay so we got two rooms at the same floor (7th floor). The hotel was clean, modern and we were provided with water, coffee, milk and new toilteries every day. The bed is the most comfortable bed I ever slept in! Once you lay on it you just don't want to get up!
It is a business hotel located in the business area of Paris (La Defense), but it worked for us as tourists triyng to expolore the City of Light. The hotel is really quite unlike other hotels located near the main tourists' attractions. There's a metro station near the hotel (3-5 mins walk) named Esplande La Defense which takes you directly to the main attractions including Champs-Elysees, The Louvre Museum and lots more using line 1 within 10-15 mins only (It is useful to take the metro lines map from the airport, you can ask for help to know which metro line you take from the information desk in every metro station and Sofitel helped us too with this!).
There's a huge mall near the hotel (7-10mins walk) called 4 Seasons Mall, where you can eat or shop. There's a large hypermarket in the mall too.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Sofitel. The staff were extremely helpful and cheerful (Marie was my favourite, she is kind and makes really good jokes). It definetly met our expectations and there was no doubt it wouldn't. I mean this is Sofitel. The name itself is enough to tell you the rest.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
SOFITELDEFENSE, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Zainab F,

I was thrilled to read your kind words following your recent stay at Sofitel Paris la Défense!

As you mentioned, you enjoyed all the facilities of the hotel but the most important aspect is the service which I am pleased to know met your expectations.

I have passed on your encouraging feedback to my team and especialy to Marie at the front desk, and i really hope that you will come back to Paris and stay with us again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had an almost perfect stay at this hotel. First of all I was so impressed by the kindness of and friendliness of the young women at the reception desk (Charlotte?). I wish I didn't forget her name because Accor should send her to all its hotel as a perfect example of a reception staff member.

We had a nice, big room with a very comfortable bathroom. Of course the bed, as usual, was perfect. There was even a yoga mate in the room. The cocktails at the bar/room service weren't perfect and a bit pricey. Thanks God we got welcome drinks. The club sandwiches we ordered were tasty.

As I said the stay was almost perfect. Unfortunately the cleaning ladies were not so very up to usual Sofitel standards. For example they didn't clean up the cocktail glasses for two day. The second day we put the even together in front of the TV. Still nothing. The room and the bathroom were a little dusty. I don't know if it was because they didn't clean it well, or there is so much dust in the air. Also the house keeper kept forgetting the double of amenities for us. We had one bottle of water, one chocolate on the pillow...

The other thing is that during the weekend or public holiday you have to pay extra for eggs Benedict. Honestly, a 5* hotel should offer own guests eggs Benedict (or any other freshly made eggs) included in the already pricey breakfast. Anyhow, the breakfast was tasty and all the waitresses so very attentive and friendly.

Even if the hotel is a little bit far away from most tourist attractions I definitely recommend this hotel (the metro station is just in front of the hotel). I am even coming back to there in two weeks.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
SOFITELDEFENSE, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Vielen Dank !

As you mentioned, you enjoyed the facilities of the hotel but the most important aspect is the service which I am pleased to know met your expectations.

I have passed on your encouraging feedback to my team and hope for the chance to welcom you personnaly next time!

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights for a long weekend.
The hotel is lovely. The room was nice, the bathroom was big and very well designed.
The bed is sooooo comfortable! Breakfast is ok, somehow during the weekends you don’t get to order eggs for breakfast as they charge you some 10 euros more if you want extra eggs. That’s weird and not really customer friendly, after all if you’re paying 20+ euro for breakfast per person they could prepare some fresh eggs.
Other than that the housekeeping requires more attention. I’ve order room service and the cleaning ladies have not taken the dirty glasses away for 2 days in a row…also water&coffee were not refilled…
Staff however is super nice and friendly, I have never experienced such welcoming and nice hotel staff in Paris!
Overall it is a nice hotel with some room for improvement.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
SOFITELDEFENSE, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Papeetee,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Paris la Défense. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback like yours!

I also would like to inform you that we ask housekeeping employee to not refresh Glasses in the room or bathroom as it can contain contact lens or medicine inside.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Friendly staff, great room and hermes in the bathroom!!

Stayed here for my girlfriends 21st birthday, a tube away from the center and could imagine it would be great for business as it is in that district.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
SOFITELDEFENSE, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Bonjour !

Thank you for your very comprehensive review! It makes me very happy to hear you enjoyed so many of our facilities. This type of customer feedback is what motivates us to keep on providing the absolute best service that we can!

You're always welcome at the Sofitel Paris la Défense.

Hope to have you again soon,

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I was still exploring hotels in la Défense area and it was sofitel next in my lest. I will be visiting Paris every month for business and needed my to go spot.

Very friendly and helpful ladies at the front desk who are eager to help.

Sofitel is very well located between La Defense and Neuilly with a Metro station just 5 min away. I haven't seen the hotel in the past so I don't know if it Just got a face lift due to new looking lobby, bar/Dinning area. Very Nice color harmony and Easy on the eyes.

Room was comfortable if you don't mind a couple of stains here and there and the really old power sockets in the walls that fell off every time I unplug my electronics. Hence, room had a good space and I was pleased with that. Bathroom is a bit aged with hermes amenities which I appreciate a lot. The only negative Comment about bathroom is that toilet Seat is extremely close to the wall.

I didn't try room service so I can't Comment on that yet.

My second stay was the same expect I was offered a "better" room type which was a bit more bigger with different color scheme and a standup shower

Overall, sofitel was a very good choice given the city Standard

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Naifitto,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Sofitel Paris La Défense. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Guest Relations