Sofitel Paris La Defense
$84
$81
$117
$100
Melia Paris La Defense(Courbevoie)
$162
$245
$203
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel le Dauphin(Puteaux)(Great Value!)
$62
$58
  • Room Service
$134
$131
1,727 results
All reviewsbusiness districthermes toiletriesluxury roommetro stationjunior suitearc de triomphenespresso machineperfect staybusiness tripla defense areataxi driveran upgradeeiffel towershopping centrecroissantsparisbose
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Having been a regular here for work, I have been consistently disappointed with the level of service.

Pros:
The rooms are clean, luxurious and worth the money. It is very close to La Defense Esplanade Metro Station. Very good for working in La Defense. The 'Luxury Room' even has a nespresso coffee machine and they provide you with a good selection of capsules.

Cons:
Tonight I asked for a new breakfast menu, as after using my supplied one yesterday it had not been replenished. I called room service to ask if I could pre-order breakfast for tomorrow, or get a new menu. Their haughty response was that of course I couldn't, and I must call reception. Rather than transferring me, they ended the call. I called reception, to have it ring out 5 times. Finally when someone answered, they kindly agreed to bring me a menu. The man who delivered it was a room service man anyway... The lack of initiative or willingness to help is largely non-existent.

Similarly, eating in the restuarant, the waiters can be impossibly slow at taking orders even when there are only three tables in the restuarant. The food is overpriced with a limited menu, but otherwise good.

Summary:
The well-located hotel is let down by a poor attitude to service in the food and beverage staff. My experiences have been good with the reception and housekeeping, who are wonderfully helpful. Perhaps a change in approach of the food service would be beneficial.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank tandant
Reviewed May 18, 2014

this Sofitel is very nice, very close to the Metro, and suited my needs perfectly while in Paris on business this past weekend. The restaurant is rather pricey, but the food was delicious. The wine, however, was not worth the 14 euros per glass price tag.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Matthieu G, Directeur général at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Bonjour,

Thank you for your very comprehensive review!

It makes me very happy to hear you enjoyed so many of our facilities. This type of customer feedback is what motivates us to keep on providing the absolute best service that we can!

You're always welcome at the Sofitel Paris la Défense.

Hope to have you again soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

My mum and I visited this hotel a couple of years ago. It was stunning, the photos do not do it justice. The bed was the comfiest I have ever slept in and the staff were fantastic.

We really couldn't fault this hotel, we were looking for a quiet holiday so this suited us as La Defense closes at the weekend as it is the equivalent of Canary Wharf, London. It is very conveniently situated on the metro though and the trains run every ten minutes.

I would highly recommend this hotel---outstanding.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tine1971
Matthieu G, Directeur général at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Tine,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely feedback following your recent stay with us at Sofitel Paris La Défense.

I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!.

We always strive to ensure we provide an exceptional service; so to read your kind words is very much appreciated by myself and the brilliant Sofitel team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Hotel is on the expensive side, but the service, rooms, food etc are all super great
Location is perfect, right in the mddle of La Defense in between all big offices
Would recommend this hotel to anyone who has meetings in La Defense

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sofitel Paris la Défense for your last Parisian visit and for writing a positive review following your stay with us.

We are delighted that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed our property.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon; It will definitely be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known throughout the world.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We visited this hotel over the Easter Holidays and were disappointed with the comfort of the bedding and the temperature of the room. The room was not cold enough the 01st night so had no sleep. We requested for someone to look at it. The second night was a bit better but later it changed again. So overall didn't have a comfortable nights sleep and for the price paid we were very disappointed. some of the hotel staff went out of the way to help when requested quickly resolved issues but one of the staff who did the night shift was not helpful and simply rude.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Matthieu G, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Sri1998,

Thank you for having chosen our hotel for your Parisien stay and for having shared your opinion on Tripadvisor.

I feel really sorry that the service provided by our night shift member didn't match with your expectations and that you felt that he was rude, after you reported the problem with your A/C system.

Our Engineering manager has personally took care of this matter, and the night shift member has been seen so that won't happen again. Hopefully, this is a very rare situation which, of course, does not reflect the quality of service we strive to provide.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any request, I remain at your entire disposal.

With best regards,