“Sumptuous and a perfect oasis for business travelers”

Sofitel Paris La Defense
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
GreenLeadersGold level
Dublin
“Sumptuous and a perfect oasis for business travelers”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Sumptuous in terms of comfort and experience. The service at this hotel is unrivaled. I was greeted like royalty and given a beautiful room and a subsequent upgrade for my stay. The breakfast room is elegant and perfect for business travelers. The service is expedient and very obliging. In the evening the bar and small room to the side are perfect for relaxing and winding down after a busy day. I felt no urge to leave the hotel. Thank you too to Robin and his staff for making me feel so welcomed. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: I loved the room I got and the subsequent upgrade I got. It appeared to me as if all of the rooms ar...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PradaprincessDublin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Paris
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel deserves every penny.
It's nice, good location and the services are 5*.
Do not pay thousands of € in centre of the Paris. This is good location(it has also a mall close - Esplanade La defence) and the metro to your everything it's very close. I have travelled all around the world at 5* hotels and this one deserves every single *.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Huddersfield
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here this weekend - 2 busy working mums, escaping for a weekend to celebrate my 40th Birthday - and what a fabulous time we had!

Arriving for the airport (CDG) we took the RER (line B) across to Chatelet, then the Metro (Line 1) to L'esplanade de La Defense. Just a minute out of the station, turn up towards the Grande Arche, and the hotel is situated snugly on your right. You can also carry on another stop to the Grande Arche itself, but you will have a longer walk back down to the hotel.

Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by Charlotte and some lovely little cakes! We had booked our hotel through lastminute.com & although we had requested twin beds, we had been allocated a double. No problem - Charlotte swiftly upgraded us for free and allocated us a lovely spacious room with twin beds. The hotel itself is very well appointed, very modern (I am confused by earlier reviews that the hotel is dated?)and feels lovely & luxurious. Its also very quiet, we didn't hear any of the other guests at all.

The beds felt like we were sleeping in marshmallows, quite simply the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in -lots of pillows, soft & downey bedding & throws. Coupled with air-conditioning this left us with a very comfortable atmosphere.

The bathroom was very spacious, a huge walk-in shower, plenty of sink space, lots of beautiful toiletries (Hermes!), bathrobes, slippers and sound from the music system & TV filtered through.

The bar & room service menu looked delicious though we didn't have time to sample them, as there is so much choice within the locality & the city itself. We spent much time at the fab Christmas market just before the Grande Arche and ate amazing food there (inc hot wine, lovely cider, and beautiful raclette!)

All in all, we had a wonderful stay in a beautiful hotel with the most warm & welcoming staff. The hotel itself was well worth the 15 minute ride of the metro (entertaining in itself!)- can't wait to go back !!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Doha
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel have a nice location in La Defence area, which is a nice and safe area, and very close to a metro station.
The rooms are small, but luxury, and the toilet have a bidet.
It have a good service, and the breakfast is delicious.
I recommend this hotel if you are coming to Paris for tourism or business

Stayed August 2013
NORTH WEST ENGLAND
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure to stay here about 10 days ago and was very impressed. The staff were most helpful, the room was well appointed and the food was of high quality. The location would have been difficult had it not have been for the metro station nearby. The only tip I would give however is be careful to note the exit number from the Metro station (Esplanade La Defense) so as not to get lost. The area is poorly signed and it can get confusing after dark. My only other comment would be on the restaurant, where it seemed to me tables were too close together. All in all though a good show by all the staff for which I am most grateful.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Champs-Elysees
Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg
Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg
#207 of 1,800 in Paris

Been to Sofitel Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!