“Amazing Service, Great 5 Star Hotel”

Sofitel Paris La Defense
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
GreenLeadersGold level
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Amazing Service, Great 5 Star Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

The Sofitel la Defense is a great 5 star hotel! Located on the outside of Paris (end of Metro line 1, at the Esplanade de la Defense stop), it is a short ride (10-15 mins) to most major attractions within the city center.

Upon entering the hotel be prepared to be greeted by a sweet fragrant musk smell that permeates the hotel. The staff is impeccably good at their job. Upon checking in, my SO and I were upgraded to a junior suite. The room was incredibly clean and large. The bathroom alone was twice the size of that in most other european hotels. Toiletries were Hermes (orange scented), and there were plenty of fresh towels, bath robes, and slippers donning the Sofitel logo and color scheme. The room itself sports the Sofitel so-bed, a unique Sofitel concept which the chain has invested millions into designing one of the most comfortable hotel beds. (If you want, you can purchase a Sofitel bed to take home.. it costs ~ $4000 USD). The room itself was very large, with a TV that had ~ 90 channels (from Thai to French to BBC). The view from the room was rather lack, that of an inside courtyard... (however, who goes to Paris to sit in a hotel room?).

My SO and I ordered room service to the room for breakfast (3 days), as it was included as a special promo in our booking. The room service continental breakfast was delicious! You receive an assortment of fresh pastries, coffee, juices, and gourmet jams and spreads.

However, what stood out to me the most at the hotel, as the quality of service you received. Two of the hotel guest relations staff, particularly Mr. Albert Mear (and his team) made the experience most memorable. The stay at the hotel ended with my SO's birthday on the last day. Mr. Mear went out of his way to provide my SO and I with drinks, flowers, and a host of other accompaniments to celebrate her birthday while traveling. He and his staff went out of their way to make us feel right at home.

The staff also booked us reservations for dinner for 3 nights, and the concierge was able to give us directions to some of thehe most unique places to see within the city. We made full use of their expertise.

If I have the opportunity to travel to Paris again, I will surely take the opportunity to stay in the Sofitel la Defense. The cleanliness, spacious rooms, warm staff, and their impeccable expertise of the city they are from made me feel as though the stay was tailored specifically to meet my needs.

5/5 stars.

Room Tip: The hotel is built as a crescent shape. Try and get a room on the inner part of the crescent. The ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

I took My girlfriend here for a 4 day break for her 21st and i wanted something luxery and this place has it the staff are very helpfull and could not ask for a better service would recommend this hotel to anyone it s on the outskirts of the main areas but the metro takes you straight there in minutes and puts englands underground to shame!

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights. My husband is an A Club Platinum member, so we were upgraded. Welcome card, complimentary drink vouchers and chocolates were waiting for us in our room. It was a really spacious room with a very large bathroom and Hermes toiletries. La Defense is just a couple of stations away from major attractions, so it was pretty convenient for us to travel around.

The hotel staff were very very helpful and friendly. There was this incident that I wasn't able to find a Chanel bag that I wanted after almost a day of bag hunting, I asked the hotel staff for help before I left for sight-seeing in the morning the next day, when i came back in the evening, I received an envelop in our room with a nicely printed letter inside. Apparently, she had called the major Chanel Boutiques in Paris for me and I found my bag at Montaigne! I think her name is Pauline. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank michellemarion
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

The Sofitel hotel in defense, Paris was a quite small hotel, just like any normal 5 star hotel, but mainly for business purposes. I stayed there for 1 night with my mom and my brother and when we arrived at the front desk the reception where very welcoming and very kind people so it started off with a great start. The room was okay but the bed was absolutely comfortable that I could get out of it! Good room service, good service in all! Breakfast room was a little bit small but that is okay. But the problem was that they did not have a swimming pool and me and my brother really where looking forward swimming so we asked the reception where is the pool and they told us that they didn't have a pool which was a bit shocking, but it seemed more for business than family time. So if you are doing business that hotel is perfect for you, but on the other hand if you have kids and all that hotel would be too small and a bit less interesting so you would be better off somewhere else :) kami

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kami S
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Second time I have stayed here won't stay again. The hotel is purely for business people and they are taking advantage. Even though my company picks up the tab, I refuse to pay 24 euros for a limp club sandwich which has the smallest about of fillings possible. There are not many restaurants local, a few but definitely go out, food is much better and cheaper. The rooms are nice, great facilities such as a very nice bed, good air on, great walk in shower, Bose radio for your iPod etc and very clean. The bar area is trying to be something it's not, funky music over breakfast, I think not! Food is poor to average with a high price along with the drinks. He gym is not a gym, one treadmill, ne rowing machine, a weight machine that doesn't work, but good chilled water! It's a bedroom that they have converted. Front desk staff very nice and helpful, unlike the bar staff. I sat there for 90 minutes only go asked once if I wanted a drink, the rest of the time they were more busy about setting up for breakfast. You could spend your money ( or your company's money) much better somewhere else. In a nutshell, if your happy to pay the price as a business traveller, need a nice bed, not bothered abut food or the prices, then stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank keegan d
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel is in the La Defence area which is the business district of Paris, its about 10-15 mins out from the center of Paris. Its a touch of class and luxury for a decent price. The service was impeccable and the hotel was excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Champs-Elysees
Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg
Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg
#219 of 1,798 in Paris

Been to Sofitel Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!