“A proper curry. Guaranteed.”
Review of Rajdoot Tandoori

Rajdoot Tandoori
Ranked #107 of 168 Restaurants in Orpington
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've been using the Rajdoot in Petts Wood (Orpington) for decades now. In that time I've tried most, if not all, of all of the 'trendy' Indian alternatives that have opened in the area. The others have generally disappointed - tasteless food, poor atmosphere etc. I've realised that when I take the family to an Indian restaurant we're going out for a proper curry experience. Not some poncy 'fine dining' one. So we always gravitate back to the Rajdoot and have takeaways or dine in at least a couple of times a month. It's a good and popular restaurant so can get busy some evenings - so book at least on Fridays and Saturdays, or be prepared to possibly be disappointed! So to sum up, this is a friendly, well run restaurant with first class, tasty, well cooked Indian food at fair prices.

3  Thank TheBestShows

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Am amazed reading the negative review previously, been many times and never had a bad meal, never had any poor service and always left happy after beautiful food, a few beers and with some cash left in my pocket.. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Turnercr1970
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Been in a few times, food and service was fine. Decor has seen better times and could do with a little bit of refreshing.

Overall a nice meal, gets very busy on friday nights

2  Thank Joanne L
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Out with a few friends, and we decided to pop in here for a curry. There were no tables free, so they got us to sit down in the waiting area, and kept promising us "just another few minutes". About an hour later, they finally found a table. I noticed that a table near us had finished their starter just after we'd arrived and their main course arrived just before we sat down. So we'd have had to wait another 45+ mins to eat! I didn't order food in the end as I simply didn't have the time as I was working early the next morning - I ended up leaving early and going to the Chinese take away a few doors away instead.

Drinks whilst waiting were slow to arrive. Popadoms for those who stayed took another good 10+ minutes (this is when I had to leave).

From what I saw, the food looked well presented, but jeez!, they really need to work on their service. They ought to be a little bit more honest too. Prices on the menu were average for the area.

This was a really annoying and frustrating end to what had been a good evening. Wish we'd gone to the curry house just over the road instead. I would never return here on principle.

2  Thank David C