“By far the best Indian restaurant in the Orpington area”
Review of Spice Lounge - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I've been a take-away customer for several years, and although not the cheapest, this restaurant has always delivered consistent quality.

As a restaurant experience, it was a quiet night when I went most recently - service was personal but not intrusive. Food was delicately spiced, flavoursome and authentic - something that cannot be said for their close neighbour on the high street that seems to focus more on bollywood glamour than real food.

1  Thank Alastair C

Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

This is a lovely restaurant with an extensive menu containing set meal and a la carte options. The welcome and service is excellent and the food tasty and delicious. You can eat here inexpensively and leave full. I've been many times alone and with guests - all have enjoyed Shimla Pink!

Reviewed January 23, 2012

good quality food and atmosphere. nice local indian.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Ive been eating at and gettng take aways from Spice Mela/Spice Lounge for near on 20 years. They once were very very very good and it all changed when the ownership changed. We stil go there because I dont like Shimla Pink but I fear they are now cutting corners to keep going. It is our takeaway of choice - we also have a 15% discount card (which I probably wont renew). The curries all seem the same now and the depth of flavour is missing.

Its a shame becase I knew the original owner of this place (he lived in my road in the early 90s when I was a kid) when they set it up after it was an Itatlian restaurant.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

We have been to the "Spice" several times and never disappointed, great food and spices and a friendly atmosphere, would recommend to all my friends