Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great fun and excellent host, just could have been a bit longer!

Reviewed September 28, 2018
holliegardner91
Chatham, United Kingdom
Brilliant

Reviewed August 26, 2018
AndyG1149
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 28, 2018

I went rafting with family, there was 5 of us and we all had a fantastic time. Our host/captain of the boat made it really fun by stopping at certain points so we could jump in and surf down the rapids. We were non-stop laughing the whole way down. The only thing I would say, is it could have been a bit longer, it lasted just over an hour but I have been on rafting trips that lasted much longer for the same price!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Have been visiting the Abruzzo area for the last ten years and having seen signs for Abruzzo Rafting finally got round to tracking them down. Am glad I did!

The base is in a nice location next to the river with shaded areas and all facilities required (changing rooms, toilets and the ability to leave car keys and bags with reception whilst you go rafting). There’s even a little cabin selling snacks and drinks.

All kit needed (wetsuit, buoyancy aids, crash helmets and even spare shoes/boots) are provided.

After a 20 minute drive up the launch site in minibuses, we met our guide Eduardo (Dodo) who gave us a safety briefing and instructions in near perfect English. Handy for a family who embarrassingly don’t speak much Italian!

The rafting itself was brilliant, the river Aventino providing just enough white water to make things exciting but without ever getting too crazy, perfect for families.

As we travelled downstream, our guide Dodo issued clear and calm instructions to make sure we stayed on course as well as providing lots of information about the wildlife and history of the area.

There were three other boats on the trip with us and at various points we stopped for opportunities to dive into the chilly water (refreshing!) and give the other boats a “bath” with our paddles!

We opted for the photo package which although seemed quite pricey, were glad we did as even with waterproof camera/phone case the river was challenging enough that you’d do well to get the chance to take any action shots. One of the guides on another boat took the pics and the photos were provided to us on a usb memory stick. On reviewing when we got home found there were lots of decent pics of us “in action” which we certainly couldn’t have taken ourselves.

If you’re looking for hardcore white water this river is probably not for you (at least in Summer) but for adventurous families who don’t mind a bit of swimming and effort this is a great afternoon or morning out!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed August 20, 2018

We went to Abruzzo Rafting a couple of weeks ago and my child is still talking about it. Very well organised, experienced and very funny instructors, amazing landscape and well worth the overall experience. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Abruzzo Rafting especially because it is situated in a beautiful/hidden gem of Italy! W Abruzzo!!!!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

We revisited Abruzzo Rafting after 2 years and again had a wonderful time
6 children between 10 and 17 and me the dad booked 2 days before and found the place as welcoming and well run as the previous time
The run was beautiful and not to exciting so the whole family enjoyed it
Highly recommend this great addition to the abruzzo tourism industry

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank bartv625
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

I was rather sceptical of this as many people in Abruzzo never even knew you could river raft on their doorstep. This is a hidden gem for any outdoor adventure.
We emailed beforehand , arranged a time to meet , discuss safety procedures and then travelled 20 mins by van to get further up the river.
It turned out to be one of the most exhilarating and exciting 1.5 hours that I have had for a long time . My teenage children loved it.
I am going to back in February next year and do the more adventurous upper Aventino river with friends

Date of experience: July 2016