“Pizza by some other name - Excellent!”
Review of The Vines

The Vines
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Garvagh
Cuisines: Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Fabulous meal in The Vines last night. Great atmosphere when we arrived. The place was busy but not crowded, and the staff had the sense to utilize the whole restaurant so that you didn't feel like people were sitting on top of you. Good service - quick, friendly and efficient. It never felt like we were waiting for anything.

Took the advice from our waitress and ordered the daily specials. Mine was described as a pizza base with spicy bolognaise sauce and goat's cheese on it. Not quite an appealing description, but I thought I'd take a punt on it. I'm so glad I did - it was brilliant! Perhaps better described as a ground beef and Goat's cheese pizza, it was served on a 12 inch slate tile with a bucket of chips (see picture). It was moist, the base was just right (not thin, not thick) and full of different flavours. Good call by the chef. Unfortunately after a Pork belly scratching starter I had no room for sweets and my wife had to roll me to the car. Great meal. Extra exercise required today!

There are newer reviews for The Vines

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We booked the Vines function room for dinner to celebrate our son's christening. It was a lovely surprise to see the room done up with a banner and balloons and the existing decor created a very relaxed atmosphere for everyone. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the staff just couldnt do enough for us.
Excellent food/service and great value for money. We will definitely be back!!!

1  Thank Raff01
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Went here for a family dinner and was really surprised. The early tea menu had a great selection and is great value for money. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The food was gorgeous and very generous portion size. There wasn't a lot of waiting about for food either which was a perk. The restaurant as a whole was so clean and it was a pleasure eating out in this establishment. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank MEsler89
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've had the pleasure of having lunch recently in this lovely restaurant. The proprietor and staff were really friendly and helpful and the meal was delicious and excellent value for money. The proprietor showed us around the premises as we were enquiring about facilitating a Christmas party. There is a lovely function room upstairs, which would be a great setting for a party, christening, even a wedding. One thing I always judge a restaurant by is the cleanliness of the bathroom and there were no complaints here. Bathrooms were fresh, clean and spotless. If you're passing through Garvagh make sure to stop at this excellent restaurant.

1  Thank Angela M
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I thought the staff, decor and atmosphere were brilliant in The Vines, however the FOOD was amazing!! My Mum and myself like to take a night out every month go of dinner and a catch up, we always like to try and try somewhere new, however sometimes you get stuck going to the same old places! A friend recommend we try this place and it didn't disappoint!! A budget friendly menu with huge portion sizes!!
The staff were lovely, my mum has a bad back and usually we are seated at smaller tables with hard chairs, however when greeted at the front desk I asked if they wouldn't mind us taking a bigger table, (with the soft padding seats) and they couldnt do enough! Alot of places don't do that as they want to keep there bigger tables free, so I liked that!
If you want to go somewhere new, a drive on a Sunday maybe when a good feeds needed to sort you out here is the place!!

1  Thank Anneliese S