All reviews grand rapids great hotel room was clean shopping and restaurants free breakfast would stay here again staff was friendly we've stayed convenient location excellent stay in town waffles fresh fruit off the highway king bed front desk staff easy access
Selected filters
Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

I wasn't a fan of how dated the place was. Customer service was excellent. Everyone working was great. But, the whole hotel is due for a renovation. My room smelled musty, carpet looked from the 70's, and wasn't a fan of the breakfast. I just believe there are many hotels in the area that offer much more for just a little more money. Also my view was horrible. Sorry I write a lot of reviews and very few get such a low rating.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Nathan S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, Passport802687.

We did recently renovate our guest rooms and I apologize you did not like the style of the rooms. Be on the lookout however as mid-June we will be revamping the entire guest breakfast experience!

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2019

We stay here several times per year for dance competitions for my daughter. It is always clean and the staff is over accommodating. We’ve been nothing but pleased over the past several years with the hotel and service.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Nathan S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for the good review, Kathleen R.

We are glad you have found our facilities acceptable over the years! We love to see repeat guests and share in the joys of competition with our guests.

Safe travels!

Reviewed April 16, 2019

stayed at this Hampton in March 9 - 16th, so I was there for a while! 1st thing- came into the lobby checked in & went next door for dinner. Came back to a Front Desk Clerk with EAR BUDS in her ears! Never paid much attention to me & it showed. She sends me to 118 (even though my card reads 218) -I walk ALL THE WAY DOWN, carried all my crap - it doesn't work-go back to desk. "Oh, you are in 218".I go up the elevator,go all the way down the hall - doesn't work - go back to the desk. "Oh child you are in 118, I wrote it wrong!" WELL if you would take those ear buds out of your ears & pay attention to your job!! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE-worst ever for a Hampton I've had yet! the CLEANING CREW -were very Odd! the the most part - they did ok - but 1 day I was working on a project, the maid knocked- I told her I was leaving at 9AM! - I came back in about 6-7pm that night and NOTHING had been touched! no cleaning - nothing, and I TOLD HER I would be leaving at 9AM! plus, if you leave a cup sitting out with about 2 tablespoons of coffee in it - they WILL NOT clean it up! Guess they think you are going to still drink day-old 1 sip of coffee! so...good bed, good location, not bad hotel - but FAR FROM being a Great hotel on a Hampton status! Get rid of your ear buds front desk clerk and get new cleaning people and that will Boost your Ratings 100%! Next time in Grand Rapids/Walker - I'll stay somewhere else. but if you HAD to stay - you can get thru 1 -2 days here!

Room tip: Terrible Customer Service/Front Desk Clerk-Cleaning Crew-not so good!
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Nathan S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

Thank you for sharing you experience with us, dvpage. We have taken your comments and shared them with the team. We will continue to work to be better at serving our guests and we value the feedback of ALL our guests. We hope you are willing to give us another try the next time you are in the area so we can show you the service we should have provided from the beginning. Safe Travels!

Reviewed April 4, 2019

My family booked this particular hotel because the website advertised a pool. We got our kids really excited to go swimming, but they were let-down when we felt how cold the water was! The pool was extremely un-enjoyable because of how cold the water was. It was quite upsetting. Even the pool room was cold, so it seemed little to no effort was being done to keep the pool pleasant.

Everything else was quite nice! I would rate 4.5 stars if the pool had been even decent.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Denise-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear Global51180103344,

We appreciate the time taken to offer your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We're very sorry that your family was unable to enjoy the pool due to the coolness of the water. We have addressed your feedback with our maintenance team for appropriate action. Thank you once again for your comments. We hope you'll come visit us again in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2019

We were in Grand Rapids for a concert and all of the hotels downtown were booked up. i used Tripadvisor to locate this option and it worked out really well. it was a quick drive to downtown and the room accommodations were great.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Nathan S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2019

What a great review, Michael G!

We are so happy to hear that you had a great night sleep with us. We strive to ensure all guests have an enjoyable stay with us and it sounds like we hit it out of the park with your stay.

Hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Grand Rapids.