Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North
$107
AscendHotels
$72
$136
JW Marriott Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)
$295
$279
  • Pool
$265
$249
Curio.com
  • Pool
All reviewsgrand rapidsgreat hotelroom was cleanshopping and restaurantsstaff was very friendlyhot breakfastdining areanorth sidefree breakfastwould stay here againwe've stayedwafflesin townking roomgreat roombusiness tripfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here last week with our family on a short vacation to Grand Rapids. Our family is made up of 5 boys under the age of 5 and this was the perfect place for us. The room was HUGE! I've never stayed in such a large hotel room (it was a King suite). The room had a full door between the living space and bedroom, which was perfect for the adults staying up later than the kids. The kids slept on a fairly comfortable pull out couch. Pool was clean and we had it to ourselves during our stay. Hotel is tucked away on a busy strip with many food options, retail, coffee drive thrus, etc. Average breakfast in the morning and very helpful, friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonGRN, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for your review of our property. It is very satisfying to receive the recognition when our team is working so hard to keep our guests happy during this busy time. We appreciate you taking the time to recognize us. Thank you!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

In general we have always liked Hamptons -- they are consistently clean and comfortable with helpful, friendly staff. Over the past 4 years we have traveled to the Grand Rapids/Muskegon area to drop off and pick my daughter from summer camp and have always stayed at a Hampton. A couple of years ago she was accepted into their international program. Knowing that we would be making multiple trips to the area for rehearsals, I joined the Honors program thinking that we might as well earn some rewards. However, two years later, as I was trying to book our stay for this year's trip, I found that I still did not have enough points and had to pay over $100.00 to buy extra points get a "free" night. I did it just to burn up my points and have vowed never to stay at a Hilton-owned property again. About the same time, I booked a room at a Comfort Suites for a different trip -- it was clean, comfortable and had a friendly, helpful staff. It was also about $30 less than the Hampton in the same area. Why on earth would I continue to fund Paris' irresponsible, lavish lifestyle when I have my own two children to put through college?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the issues you have experienced with our Hilton Honors reward program. Reward stays are based on the average rate of the hotel you are staying at so they can range from 15,000 to 50,000 points of redemption. Hampton is a very strong and consistent brand and I assure you this complimentary program is a great value. Lastly, I wanted to let you know that the Hilton family, including Paris is not affiliated and has not run this company in some time so the money you pay is not going towards their lifestyle what so ever. Once again, I apologize for the issues and hopefully during your future travels you will come back to Hampton Inn!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times, and the one thing that is consistent is the excellent customer service. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is pretty convenient to downtown Grand Rapids. Also, there are several restaurants right around the hotel if you do not want to go into the city. As other reviewers have mentioned, I have found the rooms to be consistently clean. And you can't pass up the cookies out at the front desk from late afternoon to early evening. All around, a good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cls4

Thank you for your recognition! I will make sure to share this with my team which I am proud to say is one of the best teams I have had the pleasure to manage in my 10 years here. I am glad to hear that this shines through to our guests as well. Thanks again for taking the time to fill out a review for us!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I ended up here because my original hotel (Courtyard downtown) was flooded so everyone had to find other places to stay (volleyfest)... since I had stayed here before I thought I'd try it again. The rate I got was 159/night (which was more like 183 by the time all the taxes were added)... NOT WORTH THAT PRICE. Yes they have renovated the rooms and they are nice...but not that nice to justify those prices (129/night tops and that's pushing it). Yes there is a standard Hampton Breakfast included. There is plenty of parking and they are close to lots of shopping and restaurants.
However this trip their water was horrendous (not sure if it was all the flooding in the area) it was so hard that my soap would not lather...my hair felt so dirty for 2 days (despite washing) and it was so flat that no matter how much product I put in it didn't do a thing... and I felt like there was a film on me from not getting the soap to lather....could not wait to get home and shower... tried to talk to the desk clerk but he looked at me clueless.
Would not recommend nor would I stay here again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HamptonGRN, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that there were some issues that you were not completely satisfied with. I thank you for bringing them up in your review as your feedback is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve our hospitality so that others do not share your experience.

Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a very clean place to stay. The staff is very helpful and willing to help with any issues that might arise during your stay there. Very good location i always stay at this hotel when i travel to Grand Rapids Michigan.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind comments. We appreciate your continued business and thank you for your recognition!