Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgrand rapidsgreat hotelroom was cleanshopping and restaurantsstaff was very friendlyhot breakfastdining areanorth sidefree breakfastwould stay here againwe've stayedwafflesin townking roomgreat roombusiness tripfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Clean, comfy room with professional staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful and provided whatever I needed!! I required a refrigerator for dietary needs and they brought one right up to my room. The breakfast is great selection and the breakfast room is state of the art modern.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Staff were very unhelpful and unprofessional at check in and room did not smell fresh. Would think twice before using this Hampton Inn and I use the Hilton family hotels all the time, but this one is a miss for me.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had stayed here for a little over 3 months while on business in North Grand Rapids. Rooms are Hampton Standard but the Suite rooms are much nicer and roomier. Clean batchrooms and comfortable bedding, couch, and desk chair. Breakfast was good and Manager's Reception Bonus Points on Tuesday nights was nice as well. Close to the Highway, plenty of Restaurants nearby, and overall a nice place to stay. Front desk staff knew me by name/sight and housekeeping did a nice job as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I (along with our 3 month old) did a two night stay-cation get away. This was a lovely hotel with modern decor.

We stayed in a king suite with whirlpool and it was a huge room. Small fridge and microwave were nice little features. Great size bathroom. Whirlpool was also a great size. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was hot and fully stocked each morning with waffles, muffins, danishes, fake scrambled eggs, potatoes or sausages, cereals, oatmeal, juices, and coffee. The breakfast dining area was very spacious and comfortable- better than other hotels we have stayed at. The view was the most surprising as the hotel sat high in elevation so there was a neat view of downtown grand rapids on the SE side. Lots of shopping and dining options on busy Alpine Ave. Wi-Fi was free and reliable and fast. We were able to stream our netflix from our computer no problem. Halls were quiet.

Our only complaint was that the room was so big that the TV was too far from the bed and too small to really see and enjoy well.

Would highly recommend to any traveller to the area or to people looking for a nice staycation destination.

Room Tip: Get on the SE side of the hotel on 3rd floor for a nice green view and peeks at downtown Grand Rapids.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Hotel is in a great location by tons of shopping and restaurants. Room was clean and quiet (given its location), parking was adequate and breakfast is standard fare for this level of hotel.
Would consider staying here again if in the area

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
HamptonGRN, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to read from your review that you found our hotel to be conveniently located to shopping and restaurants and that you enjoyed our breakfast selection. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay with us. Our guests’ feedback is incredibly important to us and I do appreciate your comments. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.