“5 star!”
Review of Villa Howden

Villa Howden
Ranked #1 of 2 Howden B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Perfect place to spoil someone special. We were made to feel very welcome given ,a brief tour, glass of bubbly and felt as though we were the only couple. Great features in the rooms as well as around the hotel. Food was really good, perhaps a touch slow to come. The skylight in our room did make for an early rise at 6am, not ideal!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian W, General Manager at Villa Howden, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Tristan R,

Thank you for writing your review, we appreciate the lovely comments you have made. Thank you also for the comment on the skylight. While it may be nice to wake up at early sometimes, a holiday is probably not the appropriate time! We will look at having a blind installed that guests can adjust to their liking.

We hope you can return to us soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed at the Villa Howden for 2 nights during a five day trip around Tasmania for our 10th wedding anniversary. We found everything to be absolutely outstanding, the service on our arrival was wonderful, with a welcome glass of bubbly and a tour around the premises. Our room was nothing short of stunning...very spacious, a very comfortable bed and absolutely gorgeous bathroom with claw foot bath. The view from our room was amazing over the manicured gardens and bay beyond. We enjoyed a very lovely dinner on the second night and finished off with a cheese platter by the fire. We swam in the pool in the morning, this was the perfect temperature and a great way to start the day. Overall, there is nothing we could fault about Villa Howden, it felt so homely we didn't want to leave!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Murray64_13,

Thank you for your kind words, it was a shame to see you leave us too! Wonderful comments on the hotel and how relaxing it was for you, it reflects to us that we have achieved our goal in providing you with a great stay at Villa Howden. The staff were really happy to read your review and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Both my partner and I would like to say thank you to everyone at Villa Howden. From the minute we arrived we were greeted by the lovely staff, with a glass of bubbly and tour of the facilities; we felt right at home. The tower suite was amazing, the views, the room, even the teddy bear was gorgeous. Dinner was relaxing, more attention could have been paid to the quality of meals, as well found the service a little sparse. The local wines on offer were exceptional, great selections. I think there were only three couples there at the time, besides meals you felt like the only ones around. Every request was attended to immediately and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was fantastic, the freshest of local ingredients prepared so masterfully. Truly didn't want to leave, already planning our next trip back, wanted to try the picnic hamper and spend more time around the bay. I recommend Villa Howden to anyone wanting a boutique and luxurious stay.

Room Tip: The Tower Suite is definitely worth splashing out on. The views from every room are exceptional.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mandz888

Dear Mandz888,

Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay at Villa Howden, we are pleased you had a wonderful time here and really look forward to having you return. There are some great places to visit around the area with your picnic hamper. There is a new dinner menu as well, so that will be something else to try.

We do hope you will be able to return soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just wanted to write and say what an amazing time my partner and I had over the weekend staying Saturday night. My partner spoilt me with a night away for my birthday and I couldn't ask for anything better. The service from the young ladies was great and we were made to feel like we were the only ones there. The high tea was very yummy and filling and I can't commend the chef enough on our dinner. They even accommodated for my very fussy partner and breakfast. Will be highly recommending and would love to come and stay again. Thanks for a great and memorable weekend!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Abby S,

We are very happy that we were able to be part of your birthday surprise. It seems you had a lovely time, enjoying High Tea, dinner and breakfast with us as well as the hotel. It is terrific to read that the staff made you feel so special. We hope to see you again before your next birthday, feel free to drop in anytime you are back down in Hobart to say hello.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Arrived to 5 star service, shown arround the complex then to our room which was warm and had all the comforts we could wish for, swam in the pool and relaxed with a pinot noir. What more could we want. Maybe an amazing breakfast when we woke up. Ticked all the boxes. Thanks Villa Howden!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Fiona S,

Thank you for taking the time to review Villa Howden and your experience. We are happy to know that hotel, staff and the whole stay was a memorable time for you. Please, next time you visit Hobart, drop in for a coffee or afternoon tea or dinner... or stay the night!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My partner was taking me on a surprise night away. We drove past the Villa Howden turn off and I mentioned that my girlfriends had said only the night before how beautiful it was. We said lets go have lunch there. Drove into the estate and I commented how amazing it was. We walked in and I asked do you do lunch, only to be cut off by my partner who said " actually we have a room for the night booked"!!! I could not speak!!
The most lovely girl at the front desk was so kind, she poured us a glass of champagne and took us on a tour of Villa Howden (I still could not talk from shock and excitement )!! What a stunning place every part of it is. The pool was great, dinner was divine, pre dinner drinks and post dinner drinks in the piano room were fabulous.The rooms are all beautifully decorated, you feel relaxed and so welcome. Everyone who looked after us were chatty, friendly and really genuine.
I would encourage every Tasmanian and tourists to see this magnificent place. We talk about it every day, my mobile phone screen saver is Villa Howden, I think about that most amazing place my fabulous partner arranged to stay and our beautiful, romantic time and I am saving up for our next visit! 2 nights this time. I didn't want to leave after 1 night!
Thank you so much to all at Villa Howden the whole experience was magical.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jay S
Brian W, General Manager at Villa Howden, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear Jay S,

I am pleased to read that you had such a magical time on your visit to Villa Howden, thank you for your wonderful comments on the staff, the food and the hotel. The staff of course recall your stay and told me you were quite surprised when told you were staying for the night, what a lovely surprise from your partner.

Thank you for spreading the word - having us as your screen saver on your mobile! - we look forward to seeing you again sooner and next time for a little bit longer.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I went down to Villa Howden with a friend for a weekend. It's a great little hotel, the staff are very warm and friendly and the rooms are absolutely beautiful! It was June so very cold outside but the fireplace in the main sitting area was great! Fire was always stoked and its a great place to just sit down and talk. Big thanks to the girls at the property, it was an amazing stay!

Room Tip: Go for the Tower Suite, best one in the house!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Brian W, General Manager at Villa Howden, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear AmyMO84,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and telling us how much you enjoyed your stay at Villa Howden. The comfort and enjoyment of guests is of paramount importance to us and the girls are happy to know you enjoyed their fire building abilities that they have been practicing over winter with our open log fireplaces! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Brian Walsh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Howden
8 mi away
#2 of 3 in New Norfolk
Lenna of Hobart
Lenna of Hobart
#10 of 47 in Hobart

Been to Villa Howden? Share your experiences!