“Excellent fresh and tasty food with friendly service”
Review of The Orangery

The Orangery
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine British Dining
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We ate in the clubhouse at rockliffe on several occasions, but have never eaten in the orangery. The clubhouse however is excellent! Absolutely no complaints. The food is extremely tasty, good quality and you get good portion sizes! I chose the three course Sunday menu, including the salmon salad starter, Sunday roast and sponge dessert. Everything was fresh and cooked to perfection. The staff were warm and welcoming, nice views from the restuarant across the golf course. I would say it was very good value for money, especially with it being a five star hotel, and would certainly recommend it. Will defiantly be going back again!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went for afternoon tea for mothers day, just late in putting review on. Enjoyed it, but could have been better. Have had many afternoon teas and many were better quality. Service was great, couldn't fault that.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Beautiful location, the food was good but nothing spectacular. Had some excellent fresh oysters though. Service was poor. Went for an early lunch around 12:00 and staff were wandering through hoovering and mopping the floor.
Not much of a wine selection, and what we had was not up to standard. Can't really say much else.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I could not believe the reviews when I came to write mine. I went with my husband for my birthday and our anniversary. We had tried once previously when it had just opened and were not impressed then but had since heard good remarks , so decided to try again. My husband was told we could only have a table at 7.15 and the later tables were all booked out. Two remained empty all night. The courses were tiny but the prices were not. My husband told the waitress that that his starter was not tasty at all,he sent it back- Artichoke Salad- he was offered a different starter but said he would take a sweet instead- that came but we were charged for it! My lamb arrived. £28 for two pieces of lamb 1cm thick by 1 cms . It was presented lovely but that was it apart from a little piece of potato gratin- no other veggies at all.There seemed to be no-one looking after the floor. there was no atmosphere.The staff were very polite but there was no eye contact between staff and clients and no communication between staff. I do not eat alot but when I got home later I had something to eat as I was still hungry. Not a brilliant place to eat - wont bother again. Such a shame as the setting is beautiful.

3  Thank SmartCasuallady
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Beautifully presented, imaginative food. We had the 'Tasting Menu' in the Orangery which was to celebrate my husbands birthday. It was an exceptionally special meal in special surroundings. The staff were also very attentive and attention to detail in the Orangery was second to none.

We also had breakfast in the Orangery and it was just gorgeous. The food and the view.

We would highly recommend for a special occasion or as a treat.

1  Thank MrsS723