Rockliffe Hall
The Coachman Hotel(Darlington)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
2,793 results
All reviewsgolf coursecocktail barspa facilitiesafternoon teafirst classamazing spagolf clubfive star hotelon arrivalout of this worldspa experiencemood lightingbirthday treatdressing areastar servicespecial occasionwhole experience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have previously stayed here on business here, and stayed again this week.
The hotel is extremely welcoming, with very spacious and comfortable rooms (I stayed in Tiplady Lodge). I stay in a lot of hotels on business and for leisure, but this is one of the very few hotels where I do get a really great night sleep.
I travel to Darlington by train, and although the hotel is out of the centre, it is only a modest taxi ride away from the station (under £10).
The welcome upon arrival is second to none, with efficient, friendly and personal check-in service.
The rooms in Tiplady Lodge are spacious and quiet, with good bathroom/shower facilities. The rooms are clean and airy, with very good lighting and facilities.
The hotel is quiet, especially in Tiplady Lodge which is set slightly away from the main building, and the beds are extremely comfortable.
I've eaten in three of the restaurants and found that the food is delicious and excellent quality, though not the cheapest, it is good value for money as the quality is high. For a slightly less formal and relaxed atmosphere (but still high quality), I do recommend dinner at the Clubhouse. Breakfast is a real treat and absolutely outstanding, with the full English breakfast being freshly cooked and served (it's not bulk cooked, nor been left sitting around at a buffet).
I have enjoyed my stays here so much, that I have booked a 5 night leisure break at the Rockliffe Hall hotel in a couple of months so that my wife and I can enjoy the spa and wonderful facilities. However, before then I have the delight of returning again on business in a few weeks - one of the few times I am actually looking forward to staying in a hotel on business!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Amazing stay with friends with the 'Shared moments' spa package. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, even delivering a toothbrush to our room when my friend realized she had forgotten hers! The spa is lovely with many different rooms, we were not quite brave enough to stay in the ice fountain room long! We all thoroughly enjoyed our treatments and would highly recommend booking one as the beauty therapists make you feel so pampered! We stayed in the New Hall Superior Twin room which had impressive views of the grounds, very spacious and very comfortable beds! The food was good and reasonably priced, breakfast was by far our favorite meal - so much choice! We didn't try the afternoon tea however it looked lovely. It was a perfect getaway and we all felt truly looked after by all the staff, all the little touches didn't go unnoticed and really added to the experience, we all want to come back as soon as we can!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Amazing stay with my sisters and mam in the old hall suites as a post Xmas treat.
Would highly recommend this beautiful place, the rooms were fantastic as were all the staff, they just can't do enough for you to ensure your stay is all you want it to be. The surroundings are so relaxing, the suites are the pinnacle of luxury, the food we tried in the brasserie and orangery were of the highest standard, although lunch took quite a while to arrive ( it was very busy ) it was worth the wait, dinner in the orangery was a treat, but maybe a tad too expensive, we used the pool and spa facilities which are excellent and had a group mud rasul treatment which I would highly recommend, all in all a fab time had by one and all.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Faultless without being over the top from booking in to out. Spa, room, bar and restaurant all first class. Staff are brilliant and natural - obviously very well trained. Setting is glamorous without being overstated. New and modern mixed with old and interesting. Car parked for us on arrival - and parked near front door on departure. Spa is luxurious. Food excellent quality along with service and setting. All in all a very romantic one night stay.

Room Tip: I think they all overlook the golf course so not an issue
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Lovely break in the miserable bit after Christmas. The food was delicious. Our bags were stored for us then taken to our room when it was ready. We just had to go and enjoy the spa. Which we did. Best place to be on a cold, wet January day.

The rooms were well appointed and comfortable, with the exception of the pillows. If you can, take your own. The Brasserie staff were great and arranged a special meal for my vegetarian daughter.

I loved the massage and facial that were part of the deal, thanks to Hannah.

However, some problems as to what was included on the voucher we had which was handed in but unavailable when we came to leave so if you have a voucher, take a photocopy as well as original when you go. Would certainly go again.

Room Tip: Check the pillows
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family