“Birthday Treat”
Review of Rockliffe Hall

Rockliffe Hall
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My Husband organised a 2 day stay at Rockliffe Hall as a surprise Birthday present. I must say we had an amazing time! What a fabulous place. Great rooms and lovely Restaurants. We made full use of the Spa, and i had two lovely treatments.The staff were all really attentive and nothing was too much trouble, and unusually, it was great to see they were mostly all local people, very friendly and pleasant.We shall definitely be visiting again, as we live in Harrogate and its only an hours drive away. Well done to the Owner and all the staff and management.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan R

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I really believe this hotel only gets better, having now stayed on a number of occasions this visit certainly exceeded my expectations.
The staff could not be more helpful and really make you feel relaxed and looked after. My wife and I did a walk around the grounds (recommended) and our walking boots were not in the cleanest condition on our return. Without asking the concierge told us he would clean them and return them to our room. He also, when offered a tip declined and said it was not necessary.
We decided to use the spa till around 8pm and have room service and the food was perfect for a lovely end to the day.
If I have one minor issue it would be that there are no music systems in the room and for me this is a must in a modern hotel.
Will I return, whenever I get the chance.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I booked a one night stay to include Spa and back massage for myself and my daughter for her 30th birthday. Service was excellent from the moment we arrived until we left. Nothing was too much trouble, all the staff were attentive and friendly from the Hotel to the Spa, including being chauffeur driven to and from The Clubhouse for our evening meal on a very cold night - a lovely touch! The meal in the Clubhouse was excellent and breakfast in the Orangery was delicious. Our room was lovely and the Spa was very relaxing. Beautiful surroundings which I recommend to anyone wanting a relaxing break. We were made to feel special and we'll certainly return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I booked Rockliffe Hall for my mums birthday. It exceeded all our expectations. The staff were very friendly, professional and welcoming. The surroundings were beautiful and the food was exceptional. We used the spa and came away feeling rejuvenated. I would highly recommend it and will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elsiebee-Halifax
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was my second Mother's day treat at Rockliffe Hall from my daughter and once again we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Beautiful venue to visit either for the spa/ afternoon tea or for just a relaxed lunch. As before we found the hotel to be immaculate, with beautiful furnishings and attentive staff. A real treat for any occasion. Superb and well recommended for all occasions.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We attended a Truck launch at the Rockliffe Hall.
The staff we exceptionally helpful and really went the extra mile to make sure you enjoyed your time.
We had a set menu for the meal, that ws from start to finish excellent the staff and food where excellent well worth it i will be back here very soon the whole place is stop on,!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank geordieinwhitby500
Reviewed March 20, 2013

In my opinion this is the best hotel in the North east. The staff are fantastic and the room was beautiful and very clean. I would recommend to anybody. Also the breakfast is very good and comes included in the price of the room. Having previously visited the orangery we opted for the Brassierie instead and were delighted with it. The food was fantastic and the service much more relaxed than in the orangery. The spa is also very good and if you get in before 9 you have the place almost to yourself. We will definately be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurworth-on-Tees
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel
Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf
Blackwell Grange Hotel
Blackwell Grange Hotel
#8 of 21 in Darlington

Been to Rockliffe Hall? Share your experiences!