“Really nice place”

The Otter and Fish
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Overlooking the river tees in the picturesque village of Hurworth close to the north Yorkshire border. Fully refurbished inside & out to the highest standard, creating an ambiance second to none, in what has to be the best interior in the area. Family owned & run since 2006, we pride ourselves on our food & service. Our menus and service create a warm & welcoming atmosphere with the emphasis on food & service, ensuring a great experience. We serve traditional bar meals as well as a full a la carte menu, giving customers of all tastes plenty of choice. Our food is all homemade, prepared on the premises and sourced from local suppliers.
County Durham, United Kingdom
“Really nice place”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I visited the otter and the fish with family for a meal and drinks. We all had 3 courses and the food and service was great. We sat in the bar afterwards and felt it was nice and cosy. I would revisit

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Lorraine B

Durham, United Kingdom
“MarjOrie2013_13”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have been going to this restaurant since just before it was transformed to its current standard.We have had Lunches,Dinners and Early Bird Menus.I cannot remember being disappointed with the food but was sorry when for a while they stopped doing the beautiful curry.However i see it is back.Hurrah.

The staff are really helpful and efficient.Good job we do not live next door or I would never cook!!
Well done Otter and Fish.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank MarjOrie2013_13
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Our food was lush. I was a little bit disappointed at first as I really fancied the garlic mushrooms from the early bird menu which the first waitress said I could still order from and pay the individual price, the second waitress said this was not possible as stopped serving those dishes at 6pm ( surely if they were in the kitchen I could buy them) any how this meant I had to choose something else. Mmm thy did me a favour I had king prawns to start, which ere lovely. He place has a great atmosphere, will def be returning

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sarah P
Richmond
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stylish food outlet”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

In terms of attractiveness this is one of the favourites for its surroundings. It is well worth a visit with good food and great atmosphere.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ellie R
“Look forward to our next visit”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Popped in for Lunch on New Years Eve, after visiting a couple of weeks earlier with friends, same friendly greeting and service along with great food, will defiantley be popping in again through out 2013

1 Thank Tony R