Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Apartments4you(Darlington)
1,001 results
All reviewsfour poster bedmurder mysterysurrounding countrysidefan heaterfarmers barbeautiful buildingsunday carverywedding venuewedding receptionevening meallovely settingblack puddingfood was fantasticlounge areamain restaurantlady on receptionlovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 1 night 23 Feb 2013. We paid £97 for bed and breakfast staying in the west wing part of the hotel on first appearance we thought acceptable, small but clean. Once been in the room for a while we realised how badley thought out, no mirror was at the dressing table, the shower room was the smallest I've ever seen in a hotel , the toilet was behind the door and so was the shaver point ( not near a mirror) ,there was only a shower squashed in the corner and no room to move and no real door, which you had to leave open as it felt very claustrophobic. The bed was the worst I've ever slept on, very hard and uncomfortable mattress, we were in a very noisy corridor just next to the kitchens. No hot water on the morning had to have freezing cold shower. Positives for this hotel were the public areas are lovely and the restaurants are great. We had an evening meal which was beautiful and the breakfast was really good too. I just think it is very overpriced as we stay at many hotels and normally have lovely rooms and also swimming pool with gym facilities for the same price. Wouldn't stay again but would return for meals.

Room Tip: Book a suite
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rachel S, Owner at Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for your review. Being such an old building, many of our rooms are of different shapes and sizes. If you had raised your concerns during your stay we would have certainly tried to address any issues you had. However on a more positive note I am pleased that you enjoyed the food we served and we would certainly welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Individual character. fresh cooked breakfast better than buffet food, evening meal excellent Hotel with character not a designer hotel with no character Staff helpful, friendly and responsive.Excellent.will stay again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed in the castle on the 15th February, my partner and I decided to stay for an lovely belated valentines night. The staff were excellent and very friendly and even allowed us to take some pictures of us and the knights in reception :) We had the valentines meal and it was beautiful, the restraunt staff were very attentative and couldnt do more for us.
I booked the room on a special deal but was really pleased with the room as they put us in a four poster room which i wasnt expecting. It was wonderful!
It was also a special night for me that night, as my partner proposed to me, so this was a really memorable stay at a wonderful Castle and very romantic. We are even thinking of having our wedding there next year, even though we live some 20 miles away but it is definately worth the short ride for such an enchanted Castle. Thank you to everyone at the Castle, you made use feel special and thats what I call excellent service.

Room Tip: Definatley go for the four poster or an exclusive room, you wont be disappointed.
1  Thank angeline2206

Firstly I would like to congratulate you on your engagement. I will pass on your lovely comments to our team. If you would like to come and have a look around our hotel for your wedding reception, please let us know and we will be only too pleased to show you how we can make your day extra special.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great stay, only problem was you had to walk around hotel to fine someone to serve you at the bar.

Appart from that, another great stay.

We stayed in the suite in the caste. Check in and check out was great.

Helpful staff.

Lovelly evening meal.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff to be helpful and the food to be good. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed at the hotel on the 15th feb - 17th feb 2013 for valentines. My husband suprised me with this visit and i was overwhelmed!! We stayed in room 19 (Ayscough Suite) it was very clean spacious and very romantic. We had the three course valentine dinner in the restaurant and a full english breakfast each morning which was delicious. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. My husband also arranged for me to have a back massage and a facial in the beauty salon on site, again fabulous. Maria the beautician who did my treatment was a really pleasant polite young girl who was excellent at her job. I felt like a new woman when I left!!!! One of the members of staff in the hotel also kindly gave us a tour of the DUNGEONS which was one of the many historical features of the hotel. Yes some areas are old and worn but this is an extremely old castle and this is what makes it an amazing piece of our English Heritage. I would highly recommend this hotel without a doubt and will certainly love to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you decided to spend Valentines Day with us and I will certainly pass on your comments to everyone who helped to make your stay so special.