Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel
$40
$50
$45
$33
Premier Inn Durham (Newton Aycliffe) Hotel(Newton Aycliffe)(Great Value!)
$68
PremierInn.com
$78
$75
$82
$68
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
1,016 results
All reviewsfour poster bedmurder mysterysurrounding countrysidefan heaterfarmers barbeautiful buildingsunday carverywedding venuewedding receptionevening meallovely settingblack puddingfood was fantasticlounge areamain restaurantlady on receptionlovely room
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed overnight for a 50th birthday, 10 of us. Beautiful castle, spotlessly clean, very helpful staff, beautiful landscaped gardens, excellent food. We had a beautiful 3 course meal on the night and plenty to choose from for breakfast. The beds were vey comfortable and the bedrooms vey clean. I wouldn't hesitate in staying again. It was a lovely day the day we arrived and we all sat outside for a couple of hours on the outdoor seating area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Rachel S, Owner at Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

I would like to thank you for deciding to stay at our hotel for a 50th birthday. I am happy that you found everything to be to your satisfaction and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at this Best Western for one night as a couple. I rang on the afternoon to book and the lady on the phone was very friendly and shared the rooms available, we then asked if they had any other rooms in the castle and we were told a suite was available. We booked the suite for the night and had room number 30.

Check in was efficient and friendly and we climbed the stairs to our room. Our suite consisted of a very large living space with a sofa, chair, large flat screen TV, desk, coffee machine (which sadly we never did work out how to use) and a beautiful view. Through another door was a short corridor with a bathroom at one end and the bedroom at another.

The bathroom was clean and adequate, possibly a little dated but the shower was good which is the important thing! It took us a while to find the light pull.... It had been nicely decorated with the same fabric as the curtains located just outside the door!

The bedroom is situated in the circular turret of the castle, the 4 poster bed was comfortable, if a little soft and additional blankets were available along with a fan heater as the room was a little colder than the rest of the suite. We had a good nights sleep, undisturbed by noise from any other guests. The furniture in the bedroom was also lovely. In fact that only fault I could genuinely say about the suite is that it looks like it has been modernised / refurbished but the carpet may have been left over from previous decor, for me it simply doesn't go, but the rest of the suite more than made up for it!

We ate in the restaurant on the Saturday, there was a function going on next door which involved live singing but it seemed to add to the atmosphere. The restaurant was clean and tastefully decorated and the food was simply AMAZING!!! We ate from the À la carte menu and it was worth every penny.

As everyone does we read the poor and terrible reviews and to be honest I believe they are very very picky. Our whole experience was great! Many thanks Walworth Castle!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PandaWard

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed room 30, as it is one of our feature rooms incorporating one of the castles circular towers. I will pass your comments onto members of our team in reception, housekeeping, kitchen and the restaurant, all of which appear to have helped make your stay enjoyable. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, where you may like to try one of our other feature rooms!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Enjoyed our stay at the castle, evening 3 course meal in the restaraunt was fantastic and could not be faulted, very helpfull friendly staff, drink prices very reasonable in the farmers bar who also do a mega full english in the morning.Castle and surroundings were quite impressive even if we must have stayed on one of the coldest october days in history. Our room in the west wing annexe was not as good as the rest of our stay unfortunetly quite small,grubby carpet and dusty decor, bedding and towels were fine, but bathroom was very cold as no form of heating could be found,this did not spoil our stay but was a bit of a let down.

Room Tip: west wing annexe in need of upgrading.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for completing a review on trip advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed the castle and the food in the restaurant on the evening as well as enjoying the large breakfast the following day. I am sorry that you found the west wing bedrooms not to be to your liking, although they are very different to the rooms in the castle, standards of cleanliness should remain as high throughout. Thank you for bringing the points to my attention and we will certainly make sure all rooms in the hotel are checked prior to guests checking in.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed for two nights at the castle hotel and could not fault it Room food and all services were excellent We hope to return on day We were in room 19 with four poster bed The drapes and curtains were fantastic The bathroom was also spacious and fully equiped with bath ,shower over bath plenty of fresh towels daily Our friends were in room 18 next door They opted for twin beds They were completely satisfied with their comfy room but were a bit envious of our four poster bed
We did not have dinner at the hotel as we thought it was a little expensive
Tge breakfasts were lovely buffet on the Sunday morning with a huge selection of cereals fruit fruit juices yoghurts toast and full English Dining room on the Monday with buffet and table service with a very nice young waiter obviously well trained There was lots to do in the area Our party went to the Croft racing circuit as it was birthday presents for our two parteners and was very much enjoyedThere was so much more t do if we had had more time

Room Tip: room 19 was perfect
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay in room 19, I know that particular room is lovely! I am also glad that you enjoyed the meals at our hotel. I will pass your comments onto the members of our team who helped to make your stay so special.

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here many times before this time was the same standard as always apart from I found the maintenance man very rude! Nichola and Steven from the bar area are very pleasant and make you feel comfortable whilst in the bar. The nice touch that the owner came an apologised to me for the way the maintenance man had spoken to me I would stay at this hotel again and would easily recommend it to all.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you found most of our staff to be pleasant , however I would like to reiterate the apology already given to you with regards the attitude of the maintenance man. However I am pleased that you would stay with us again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.