Komaneka at Tanggayuda
Alila Ubud(Payangan)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,892 results
All reviewsvalley pool villaapple tvcookiesour honeymoonafternoon teaprivate poolpersonal assistantmonkey foresttikawelcome homepremiere poolred light dinnerday bedevery hourubud centremain poolno extra charge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Komaneka the first week of June. The hotel is beautiful but the rooms and view from the infinity pool even nicer. We did encounter a problem with the water pressure in room 120 but they moved us to another room 104 if I remember correctly and it was more private. We had a Balinese massage and upon checkout they kindly informed us that they had removed the massages from our bill due to the inconvenience of the water problem we had encountered our first night. We also did some laundry and by accident left 400,000 rupees (40dollars) in a trousers pocket- the young gentlemen who found it returned it in full and we gave him a little something to show our appreciation. Overall the service was fantastic and the staff very happy. Would definitely recommend it to friends. We did the mnt batur trek with bali eco cycle tours and it was really challenging and a very good workout. Would recommend it to the quite fit!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Haya_Msaddi
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Was looking for a quite and serene romantic long weekend away and found the the ideal place.

Everything about Komaneka is done with the best intentions and attention to detail and it really shows. For starters, I emailed them enquiring about availability at any of their places in Ubud and they came back with Tanggayuda with a competitive rate that was better than their site or any of the comparison and last minute sites. Also, told them it was our anniversairy as well as my wife being vegetarian and not only did they decorate our room on the first night especially, but we were also presented with a special cake and my wife was given seperate menus each day with her name on it that only had vegetarian options. Brilliant!

The staff couldn't be nicer or more attentive. They all know your name. They all remember what you've done or had. For example, the restaurant staff knew without fail that my wife was vegetarian each time she walked in there, the spa staff enquired about the specific treatment we'd had when we passed them the following day. All these little attentions to detail really make a difference.

The Tanggayuda is little further outside Ubud, about 15 minutes from the centre, than the other Komaneka's. Rooms and views are fantastic. We opted for a courtyard room so as to be nearer to everything. The rooms are large, beds 4-poster and centrally placed with huge en-suite bathrooms. Ours had a private outdoor bath, definite must, as well as a seperate private plunge pool and cabana. Again, a must!. You also have a sun deck, which if you time it right, does catch the sun in between tropical showers and the surrounding forest. The rooms are kitted out way beyond what you expect with 2 day beds, Wifi, DVD, iPod connector and an Apple TV. Really ideal if all you want to do is kick back, read a book and then relax in the comfort of your own surroundings.

The pool area is fantastic with amazing views across the valley and rice fields. Gets the sun for a while, and with a restaurant area and available Wifi, another great area to relax in.

The main restaurant is great quality, both the local and Western options. Having complimented them on the pumpkin soup, we went in the following day to be presented with the recipe printed out for us. Yet another nice touch....

The hotel offers a regular shuttle service throughout the day into and around Ubud. It's always to time, and also they go that little extra step if you want to be dropped off along the way. We had dinner a couple of times at outside restaurants, and the shuttle dropped us off and then arranged a convenient pick up time when they'd be passing on the way back. Really hassle free!!

I could really go on about how hassle free, attentive and serene this place is. It's simply an ideal place if you want to try something a little different from the norm and want to come away from somewhere feeling relaxed, refreshed and completely satisfied with the choice of stay you've made.

Room Tip: Courtyard if it's the rainy season so you avoid a drenching walking to the sap, restaurant or main lobby.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kristian B
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband, 18 month daughter and I spent three nights at Komaneka at Tanggayuda. Right from when we arrived, the service was extremely friendly and welcoming. They absolutely adored our daughter and everywhere we went in the resort they knew her name. The little gifts that we received in arrival - bath salts and oil for us, and a toy for our daughter, were a nice touch.

The location of the resort is beautiful. You really feel away from everything - surrounded by rice fields and trees. The resort is a 15 minute drive from the town centre, but we didn't care. There's a shuttle that leaves on the hour, and Ubud isn't anything to write home about anyway. It was extremely unfortunate that when we arrived the new restaurant and pool area were not finished, even though they were scheduled to open that day. The space where the restaurant was going to be was stunning with breathtaking views. We were a bit bummed about that.

The rooms were absolutely beautiful. Very spacious and beautifully appointed. Unfortunately there wasn't a lot of outdoor space - a wooden deck and a pool (which they kindy fenced off for us), so unfortunately our daughter didn't have any space to run around and explore. But some of the villas have gardens so if this is an issue you can request another room. The pool itself was quite small, but bigger than a plunge pool, and it's not like we wanted to do laps or anything anyway.

Details like the Apple TV were a nice touch, and one night we stayed in and watched a movie.

Breakfasts in the restaurant every day were great, but the cocktail offerings could have been better. Complementary afternoon tea in the cafe was also very nice.

For me, the best thing about staying at Komaneka (in addition to the beautiful rooms and great service) was the lack of people. We felt like we were the only ones there! Well, not quite, but the maximum number of people we saw at breakfast was three other tables. It was absolutely wonderful!

At night, the whole resort was dotted with candles and lanterns, and one man (or it may have been two) playing gamelan in the restaurant really contributed to a quite magical and romantic atmosphere throughout the resort. It was just lovely.

There were a couple of minor issues that I should point out. On our first day our (attempted) relaxation by the pool was severely compromised by the sound of loud construction noise. It was bad. I complained, they said they would get it to stop. We complained again. Soon after, the drills stopped (soft hammering continued but we coped with that).

There was one sheet on the bed. One sheet! Yes Bali is hot but fancy hotels these days have aircon. We were provided more blankets on request (but they were the kind of cheap, brown synthetic ones you might find in a motel). Also, we couldn't figure our how to turn off the aircon so that first night we were cold. We had it sorted by the next night though. The bed was ok but not super comfy, even though it looked beautiful.

The water pressure consistently fluctuated which resulted in a pulsing effect in the shower. Not a big issue but a bit annoying. Also, there was a slight sewerage smell in the toilet.

I'm not sure the pool was serviced everyday. By the end of our stay it had some leaves and a bit of bird poo floating on the surface.

The day spa was fantastic, but treatments were a bit drawn out. I know that's an odd complaint to have about spa treatments, but I had told my husband I would be back to the villa at a certain time and was late both times. This was an issue when I had a package treatment consisting of facial and mani pedi which was supposed to last two and a half hours. The time was almost up and she hadn't even started on my nails. Apart from the fact that I was dying of boredom, I had arranged to meet my husband to go into town so had to tell her to hurry up and skip over certain things.

The resort was a bit more expensive than other places we stayed in Bali, but it was beautiful and intimate with great service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank MsCPJ
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Kind of want to keep this place a secret, but looks like the word is out. This is the most beautiful, peaceful, relaxing, romantic spot ever. I was so sad to leave. Villa room is amazing, spacious and private. The staff make it so welcoming and unique. It's not a 5 star hotel which makes it more special and personable. The shuttle is very convenient and runs all day and night. A great place to chill and relax. The spa space is stunning.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelATL
Reviewed June 5, 2013

It was difficult leaving Komaneka. It is the perfect getaway retreat with stunning views, beautiful pool, and the rooms are exceptional having your own plunge pool, outdoor canopied bed, and lounge chairs. The room is stunningly gorgeous and huge. Wow could travel back to Bali just to return to Komaneka. The included breakfast was delicious with unlimited juices and 3 courses. Had room service one night, which we never do, but hated to leave the property. The meals came promptly, was served not, and was excellent. Had 2 spa treatments and they were perfect and so relaxing. Will miss so much our Komaneka family. Everyone was so sweet and accommodating. Please stay at this property, you won't want to leave either.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple