A fine, fine place to stay near Ubud. The first time we returned, the check-in staff immediately recognized us and announced "Your villa is ready." It was the same one we stayed in 3 years earlier -- and we had not asked for it. The next visit, the same villa, the same welcome and the same great views, pools, food, yoga and all the rest at the great resort.
As a tip, either take plenty of midge repellant or make sure you use the lemongrass-scented one provided. The midges are there, as they are everywhere in Bali, but often one is having such a great time one doesn't realize the little critters have been feeding until the itch begins. Better to take precautions -- nothing dangerous, just irritating, in all the eamings of that word.
Highly recommend the spa as well, although we prefer the "vintage" at the original Pita Maha a few kilometers away for the view over the river.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the spiritually revered and picturesque area of Kedewatan, Ubud, Bali, The Royal Pita Maha's awesome atmosphere is enriched with its celestial history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your The Royal Pita Maha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Pita Maha Hotel Ubud
- Royal Pita Maha Ubud
- The Royal Pita Maha Bali/Kedewatan