Since it gets dark in Costa Rica about 6 pm, we were worried that, if our plane were delayed, we would be driving to La Fortuna after dark, so we decided to spend our first night at Hacienda La Pacifica. It was a good decision. Within 3 hours of landing, we were in the hotel's open air restaurant watching a family of howler monkeys up in the trees. Walking back to our bungalow, we saw an agouti and a couple of deer and more than a few birds. It turned out to be the most wildlife we saw during our whole trip. Our rooms were nice, but nothing special, but the sliding door opened onto a nice open place. The staff was welcoming and friendly. The food in the restaurant was good. The price was very good. It's more like a lodge than a restaurant. It looked like they do corporate retreats. All in all - a nice place. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Pacifica Hotel is a place to revive traditions. It is also to remember our social and environmental responsibility. It is located in Costa Rica, surrounded by a warm dry rain forest. It is visited by exotic birds and deers that live nearby. Be our guest, and have an experience about Guanacaste. You will have a first class gastronomic folklore at Hacienda La Pacifica Restaurant. Enjoy also your stay taking some of our tours: rafting, floating, palo verde boat tour, agroindustrial activities (organic rice, tilapia), and riding horses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel La Pacifica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda La Pacifica Hotel Canas
- Hotel La Pacifica Costa Rica/Canas