“Great countryside, friendly fun hosts and lovely horses.”

Hugo's Quad Bike Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: If you are staying in or around Albufeira experience the thrill of quadbiking away from the hustle and bustle. Located in the heart of the countryside just a short drive from Albufeira (we will pick you up from Albufeira free of charge). See fresh-water pools, rivers, untouched villages and even rare wildlife away from the busy traffic around Albufeira. An exhilarating experience in the idyllic foot-hills north of Albufeira. Ride your quad, guided by Hugo, for 2 or 3 hours. Great for family/friends. You’ll absolutely love this adventure! We can accommodate from 1 to 10 people. Quotes from some of our clients "The best thing I have ever done!", "Wow, I didn't expect it to be that good!", "I have seen a whole new side to the Algarve". Reasonable prices and we are very happy to accommodate parties who are celebrating special occasions, birthdays, anniversaries, stags, hens etc. We are easily accessed from Albufeira and the rest of the Algarve - just ask us about transfers!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Blackmore, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great countryside, friendly fun hosts and lovely horses.”
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I stumbled across this establishment whilst out exploring in my hire car I stopped to enquire about the horse riding and was surprised to find an english speaking person, Katharine. I was shown around meeting all the animals and people and came back to ride with Katharine. The horses were lovely and really well looked after, the riding was over some great countryside and Katharine was good company. I met Hugo her other half and would love to come back and try the quad biking with my non horse riding partner for a fun day out. I highly recommend and look forward to returning.

Visited December 2010
1 Thank silverindi

• Polish first
Torquay, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Quad Bike Tour hands down..”
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I was lucky enough to take another visit to see my brother and family based in the Algarve last September. My bro and me wanted time to do some brotherly bonding and the opportunity to go on a quad bike tour with Hugo as the host came up.

It was the most fun I've ever had on a quad bike period. Hugo's a real nice chap, the bikes are great condition, you get all the training, hell, he even threw in a beer!! What more could you ask for.

Certain things you do in life you remember as you do them that this will stick with you forever, well I get tired of pinching myself cus it was just awesome.. did I mention the
scenery!!??

Will be back doing it again when I return that's for sure.

Richard.
(Devon, UK)

p.s Hugo, if you're reading this.. Thanks again for the day.. I'm Chloe's brother in law and my niece Ellie used to ride at Quinta.

Visited September 2010
1 Thank Pilch74
Henley in Arden, United Kingdom
“Really great riding”
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Stayed at the lovely Quinta da Bica for a riding holiday last October with some friends and it was wonderful. Katherine is incredibly knowledgeable and took real care to match us all to the right horses, giving us the confidence to try out new things - side saddle anyone? The horses are lovely, very well looked after and the countryside is spectacular. We were there when it was dry and far from lush and it was still very beautiful - am hoping to get back there when all the spring flowers are out.
Comfortable accommodation and great food. A real holiday to remember.

Visited October 2010
1 Thank kathryn_holland25
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent riding in stunning countryside”
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I stayed for four days last summer and enjoyed wonderful riding on superb horses in stunning countryside. All the horses are really well looked after and well schooled. The countryside is rugged and breath-taking - one minute navigating the edge of a wide river, then climbing steep hills with far reaching views of the sea. Everything was catered for, good accommodation, excellent food and airport transfer. Nothing is too much trouble and Katherine and Hugo are excellent hosts. Also available is quad biking which looked great fun!

Visited August 2010
1 Thank CMR66
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful riding holiday - gave me a real confidence boost!”
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I started off looking for a riding holiday with the aim of improving my riding, confidence and horsey knowledge. After a recommendation from a friend I got in touch with Katharine via email and started to arrange my holiday.

Katharine picked me up from Faro airport and took me to Quinta ba Bica. I stayed on site in their annexe which was lovely. Everyone was very welcoming (including the dogs) and I settled in straight away!

My first hack out was a nice gentle one in the sunset which really helped my nerves disappear. Throughout the week I had a few lessons (flatwork and jumping) on a horse called Surf. Katharine really helped me work on my position and improve my riding. I also went on several hacks while I was there and these were probably the highlight of the holiday. The scenery was beautiful and galloping up the hills was a fantastic experience as was riding through the river! I had a shot at some cross country jumps and trec obstacles which I had never tried before. The horses were great, you could tell they enjoyed their work!

Katharine made sure I got out for some other activities while I was there. We went to a lovely beach and also swimming in Alte. Maybe next time I'll have a shot on a quad bike!

The holiday really was tailor made for me and I know my riding improved a lot! Katharine and Hugo made me feel very welcome and I had dinner with them and the two grooms every night and was even treated to a BBQ on my last night.

The trip was really good value for money and I would love to go back!

Visited June 2010