“Beautiful scenery and good food but slow service”
Review of The Greenway Cafe

The Greenway Cafe
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Mulranny
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My partner and I were cycling the Achill to Mulranny route and decided to stop in for a cuppa before heading on to Newport. We ask for a tea pot for two and both order the cheesecake which was sliced and in the display window. We got a seat by the window and the views were stunning! We were laughing to ourselves though as it took nearly 20minutes for us to get the cheesecake put on the plates and brought over and we were the only ones in the cafe. They were all very friendly but it did take ages for something so simple. The cakes were very tasty and the pot of tea was huge! Just what was needed for the next leg of the cycle. Speedier service and this place will be a real jem. (The snacks and tea were priced well).

1  Thank Cranberry C

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stopped off here on the way to Achill with my children. We just needed a break after a long journey and decided this was as good a place as any. I had hoped to order the quiche but as that was off I ordered the panini instead. It was fine, chicken and brie, I would've liked a little something else maybe sun-dried tomato. I'm a big salad eater too and was delighted with the salads on offer. The pasta salad was perfect and on the side there was a really unusual pickled beetroot. Really tasty. My daughter had the Vol au vent and really enjoyed it. The servings were very big and were only €6.95. My tea was really hot too, I have bit of a bugbear about lukewarm tea! Seemed to be a good selection of cookies and treats. We just went for the ice-cream. Yum :)
The place had a steady stream of customers and staff were well able to keep up. We didn't wait long for our order. I found the owner and the staff very pleasant. I'll go back again when we walk the Greenway.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for loch. We had the paninis. Side salad was excellent. Great range of salads. Excellent value for money.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I can't believe that a place supposed to be catering for people using one of the busiest tourist attractions in the West of Ireland - The Greenway - was so disorganised. It is in a lovely setting overlooking Clew Bay. After a lovely cycle from Newport, my wife and I placed our order, looked at the lovely scenery and waited. After 40 minutes - ( There were 4 people ahead of us) the Lady of the house informed us that our order had been mislaid, so we just left and got some food from the local shop. I am hoping to use the Greenway regularly for the Summer with some friends, but I don't think I will return to this so called Cafe.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a natural place to stop on the Greenway cycle because a very very steep slope compels you to briefly dismount right at the cafe. I can only think that they had more business than they could handle. It looked like a mother and two young girls could do with some extra and professional help. No one had cleaned the tables or the loo for some time and customers were experiencing long delays. A definite low point on an otherwise good day.