“Not a great meal” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yeung Sing Restaurant

Yeung Sing Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Bingham
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A Hotel and Chinese Restaurant in the heart of the Vale of Belvoir in the beautiful town of Bingham. The hotel has 15 quality, mid-priced rooms that are perfect for visitors with local families, business or on a holiday in the area. The restaurant has been established for 24 years and is considered the best in the region. The kitchen at the Yeung Sing restaurant is the home of the Aromatic Duck which continues to be a favourite on the menu.
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Not a great meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stay locally at Bottesford during the week and for a bit of a changed headed out to Bingham because I had read good reviews about the Yeung Sing. I have loved Chinese food since my first visit to Manchesters China Town in the late 1980's and have eaten in countless restaurants since.

The staff we attentive enough, and the choice of food very good but it was bland and very, very greasy. I'm in no great hurry to return.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank willow1968
Nigel R, Owner at Yeung Sing Restaurant, responded to this review, November 16, 2014
Dear Willow,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Yeung Sing.

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Thankfully it is very rare for guests to have such an experience; we are blessed that 'fresh and delicious' is a more usual comment. However, this does not lessen your validity of your comments nor the seriousness with which we take these observations. We have made improvements since your visit and continue to seek to improve all aspects of the restaurant atmosphere, food and service.

The menu is varied and my staff are usually excellent, so thank you for picking up on these two points and sharing them here on TripAdvisor.

I hope that if you return you will enjoy a much better experience.

Many thanks again for your review.

Nigel & the Yeung Sing team

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“new year's party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

What a difference a year makes..we spent last New Year at the Yeung Sing and were,to be frank, underwhelmed.. This year , however, was almost perfect..the fireworks were brilliant..mulled cider on arrival..more food than we could eat..next year we'll bring some takeaway containers with us..service was good..the only minus for me was that the music was a little bit modern for my taste, but it didn't stop us dancing all night..the magician was brilliant..we'll definitely be booking for next year, and all of our party said we will be back in a few weeks for another meal..thanks for all the hard work the owners put in to make it a lovely evening

• Visited January 2014
Dear Stuart,

Terrific, from 'shambolic' to 'almost perfect', we love your review, thank you so much.

Your previous review goes down in my brief Tripadvisor history as probably the most personally critical and damaging to date. You certainly didn't hold back, so, it is especially rewarding to have turned it around for you.

I appreciate your comments and acknowledgement of our hard work to make last New Year's Eve an almost perfect one. We wish to continue this high standard for our loyal customers and will continue to work hard on all our parties.

I look forward to personally welcoming you again on your next visit to the Yeung Sing.

Kind regards,

Nigel & the Yeung Sing team
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I reviewed this restaurant last year and unfortunately was not very praising of my experience.
However having just spent New Years Eve there with friends I would like to say what a stark contrast!
The host and hostess were fantastic. They created a brilliant party atmosphere. The fireworks were fantastic, the food was fantastic, the magician was brilliant and the band were great (although maybe took up a bit too much of the dance floor)
Thanks for a good night.

• Visited December 2013
Dear Sosbor,

Thank you kindly.

We dropped the previous 'advisor'.

My team and I plan every last detail well in advance, seek the very best entertainment and aim for perfection for all our parties. We recognise that our valued, regular customers such as yourself expect high standards from the Yeung Sing. My goal is to provide this time and time again.

I would like to sincerely thank you for your continued support and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Warm regards,

Nigel & the team
Newark-on-trent, United Kingdom
“Consistently excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant on many occasions and the staff are always friendly and the food is consistently excellent I would highly recommend this for any occasion

Dear Eamonnred,

Many, many thanks for your kind words. We are encouraged by your review.

Consistency in the quality of the food we deliver to our customers is of prime importance to me and my team and I am thankful for your acknowledgement.

Warm regards,

Nigel & the team
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Take away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

We visited the restaurant a couple of years ago and was not impressed and didn't return. However due to commitments we needed to grab a take away so thought we would give it a g0 . The young lady at front of house was welcoming and although busy acknowledged us and took our order a few minutes later. The wait was reasonable although somewhere to sit and wait rather than standing around the doorway would be welcome. The food was very good, hot and tasty although slightly on the pricey side, which would not deter me from visiting again but maybe not so often. I'll definitely give it another go!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nigel R, Owner at Yeung Sing Restaurant, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Hello Sprogsmum,

Thank you so much for your pleasant and positive review.

We are glad you returned and enjoyed our food. We are a little more expensive than other local take-aways and are happy that you appreciate the difference in quality.

There is usually casual seating but this was moved to make way for more tables for the busy Christmas period. After New Year this will be back to normal.

We really appreciate your custom and comments,

Nigel and team Yeung Sing