“Warm and friendly service”

The Bingham Townhouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Bingham B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Warm and friendly service”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were only here for one night and found the service to be warm, welcoming and efficient. The twin rooms were newly refurbished and comfortable. We were so well looked after, even when arriving back late following a wedding. Good value and smiley staff made it a place that I would stay in again.

Room Tip: Twin rooms are newly refurbished.
2 Thank ACMUK1983
Nigel R, Owner at The Bingham Townhouse, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear ACMUK,

And we are still smiley!

You are most welcome and I hope you continue to bring a reason to smile to each small hotel you visit.

With sincere thanks,

Nigel & the team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We recently stayed for one night after a wedding. The staff were totally wonderful; friendly, charming and welcoming. The room we stayed in was old fashioned but after a lovely chat with the owners, we discovered that each room was being done up one at a time. I can only imagine how amazing it will be once it's done. In the meantime, the bed was very comfortable with full pillows and fluffy feather duvets, a luxury that far outweighs the importance of décor. The owners and staff saved us with a huge plate of sandwiches when we came in late at night, as well as prawn crackers - perfect! And luckily there was enough left for breakfast which was a delicious, continental feast. All in all a really great stay and I would love to go back once it is done up as I can imagine it is going to be even greater than it already is!

1 Thank Henny C
Dear Henny C,

Thank you, but only as amazing as guests like your and your group. Seriously, people like you are the reason hoteliers like ourselves put so much effort in. On the one hand it gives my partner and I a moderate income but on the other it gives us enormous pleasure and happiness to host and meet people like yourselves.

Thank you for bringing your sunshine to the Bingham Townhouse, It truly makes it all worth while!

Nigel & the team
Reviewed October 21, 2013

A large group of us recently stayed at the Bingham Townhouse whilst we were up in Nottingham for a wedding. The welcome we received couldn't have been friendlier and even when we returned after midnight, the staff couldn't have been more accommodating!! The staff bent over backwards to make sure we had anything we wanted. Breakfast the next day was excellent and the service (by the same staff who'd stayed up so late looking after us) continued to be as brilliant as ever.
We had one of the rooms that was recently refurbished and it was lovely. The shower could have been more powerful but otherwise it was great! A really lovely stay - very hard to find fault with anything. Thank you.

Room Tip: The twin rooms are definitely better value as they have been refurbished, however I believe there is...
Dear Milly C,

Thank you kindly for your terrific review. We had just started the renovations so we are pleased that you feel they are lovely.

I am blessed to have such terrific staff.

The water pressure is a problem in some rooms and we are having a major refit of this in Q3 2014 to ensure good pressure throughout.

Once again, thank you!

Penarth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed only one night but I cannot fault this establishment. The room was well furnished and the bed was to die for. Very pleasant staff from receptionist to manager to waiter, all were extremely polite and helpful. I had a meal in the restaurant and even though Chinese food is not my favourite, I enjoyed it more than I thought. Good selection at breakfast. Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Yeung_Sing, Owner at The Bingham Townhouse, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Nathalie,

It was a real pleasure to host you to my hotel. Your humour and good spirits are always welcome here.

I thank you for your visit and you will be welcome like family should you visit again.

I wish you many more enjoyable travels,

Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed here twice lately whilst in the area and found this hotel to be an excellent option. I had a single room, comfortable and well equipped. I especially liked the biscuits with the coffee/tea making facilities. I did not have breakfast as I was leaving early but the manager offered to leave me some croissants and coffee if I wanted. Nothing was too much trouble including improving my Internet connection within 5 mins of asking!
The attitude of the management was awesome. Very impressed. One very minor consideration is a band that plays in the excellent restaurant beneath on the first Friday of every month. Rather loud! Again though when I asked, management apologised for not letting me know prior. It was only a small grumble on my part!
Overall great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hello Headwitch,

We are all delighted that you enjoyed both your stays with us. You will always receive a warm welcome here.

The new super fast Wi-Fi enabled Internet is a big hit with most rooms getting 50mbit/s or more. I am very pleased you found it to your satisfaction.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding and found the room and bathroom very well appointed with L'Occitane toiletries, great coffee making facilities (one of the best hot chocolates we ever had) and great, sleep inducing beds. Even though our room was facing the street, it was well insulated, hardly any noise could be heard. The food at the wedding we attended was delicious and the restaurant serving staff was a delight. Very attentive despite lots of guest to be served at the same time. The grounds are also lovely, they invite you to sit and take in the view of the gardens and the river. Only minor gripe was when the fuse tripped at night in our part of the building, we didn't get an update and had to call down several times to get it sorted. Not great when you fumble around in the dark to take your contact lenses out. But we got an apology the next morning, so they are clearly improving on their service all the time.

Room Tip: Even the road facing rooms are quiet, albeit don't have such stunning views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Mondfrau,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, however, I think you may have been describing a different location as we do not have gardens or a river.

Regards,

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

With a number of cycling friends we stayed for one night. I was really impressed with the personal care provided by the man on the reception and his colleague. Apologies as I can't remember names but we all arrived at different times yet nothing was too much trouble. We all ate in the Chinese restaurant which was great food. Room was a bit tired but did the job and was clean. I would recommend for someone who needs a trouble free nights stop over providing value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hello FamilyDonald,

What a compliment. I recall your group well and I am very pleased to hear that you felt we looked after you all well.

The rooms are a little tired and the corridors need repainting but we have now renovated 7 rooms and three bathrooms to a very high standard, so we're making good progress.

Other improvements include a new super fast Wi-Fi network throughout the building.

Hope to see you all again next year!

Nigel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bingham
Colwick Hall Hotel
Jurys Inn Nottingham
#6 of 50 in Nottingham
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,174 reviews
National Water Sports Centre Hotel & Campsite
National Water Sports Centre Hot...
#1 of 1 in Holme Pierrepont
Cockliffe Country House Hotel

Been to The Bingham Townhouse? Share your experiences!