“Exquisite cuisine at Enara - Yunquera - Malaga” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Enara

Enara
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Yunquera
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Estepona, Spain
“Exquisite cuisine at Enara - Yunquera – Malaga”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

The name of this restaurant ENARA is the Basque word for Colibri bird. A bird with an excellent sense of navigation to return every year to exactly the same spot, which is this restaurant. And so will the guests when they once have been here and enjoyed one of these extraordinary home made meals. The taste and quality are superb; really an exquisite happening that cares your tongue.

A dynamic couple, Inma the lady host and Juan the chef cook, founded this place from scratch, six years ago. Juan is from the pueblo Yunquera and his wife is from the Basque country in the north of Spain. A well-integrated Spanish team! Modestly priced, with pleasant helpful service makes your visit gratifying. We seldom take the chance to return, but surely here we will.

Yunquera is a village in the famous Sierra de los Nieves between Ronda and Tolox in the province of Malaga – an hour drive from Marbella. Everyone who likes a change from the daily routine will enjoy his day off by visiting this area with a diner in this establishment. Located at about 1 KM before entering the village coming from the direction of Coin, on the right hand side.
Highly recommended. Closed on Mondays.

• Visited May 2013

Malaga, Spain
“Beautiful location, with spectacular mountain scenery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Happened on this restaurant by chance a few weeks ago whilst driving through the mountains to Ronda. We only had time for coffee, but it looked so inviting, my wife and I decided to visit for Sunday lunch as soon as possible.

We live in Alora, about 45 minutes drive away. Local restaurants are mediocre, to say the least, so we really hoped the Enara would be good. We visited last Sunday with friends and the ambiance and food were excellent. Service was a little on the slow side, but it was Sunday lunch, beautiful weather and the place was packed. (We had fortunately thought to book in advance, not always necessary in Spain, but I would certainly advise it here for Sundays).

The menu was restricted, but with an adequate choice for all and a three course meal with wine, coffees, brandies, plus generous tip was less than 40 euros a head. Everything was hot, beautifully cooked and exceptionally tasty for a restaurant in the middle of nowhere (apologies to the good people of Yunquera, but the town isn't exactly the centre of the Universe). Finally, wonderful to get home made deserts in a rural Spanish restaurant (usually bought in stuff from the freezer!!)

We will certainly visit again and recommend it to all our friends. Well worth the journey.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Roger H
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant in a beautiful region”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

My parents live in Yunquera which is the gateway to the beautiful Sierra de las Nieves. This restaurant is on the right just after a bend as you enter the town on the road from Alozaina.

The restaurant has immediate impact with al fresco dining in a lovely courtyard area, with a waterfall. The restaurant building is an unusual, purpose built, wooden, circular, domed structure with windows all around and a massive central open log fireplace for colder evenings. I have seen half a tree on here!

I described above because hopefully it descibes a wonderful ambience. My parents eat regularly here and myself, my partner and our two children have had anything from Menu del Dia, Sunday lunch, evening meals or just a get together for drinks and nibbles. Every time the food has been superb and many times they introduced me to meats and foods I have never eaten before including goats and pigs cheeks (yes I know but they are absolutely delicious) a variety of fish and shellfish and offal through to your more traditional meats, pork, chicken, steak, pasta etc etc.
They are completely family centric and I have seen a mixture of all age groups in there.
The cost compared to the UK is very reasonable for good quality and often exceptional food making it excellent value in my book! They always appear open pretty much 7 days a week.
Not much English is spoken here but the menu is translated and the family who run the restaurant are very friendly and you'll probably bump into my Mum and Dad who will help you!

You really can't go wrong for any occasion. It is probably the best restaurant in the region and if you are passing through there is nothing worse than searching around for a restauant and not knowing what you are going to get, so hopefully you read this and I'm sure you will have a great meal. I would definetely recommend Enara's to you.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank wallywalnut
Jaen
“Great food, nice decoration, good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

A very pleasant find, the best place we ate on our 10 day stay in the Sierra de Nieves. Very attractive restaurante with a central log fire, very welcome on a cold January day.

The menu is interesting, varied and each of our dishes (5 of us) was very good indeed. Clean plates all round and no room for dessert.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank spaniolaJaen
“The best pork I have ever tasted ! A culinary gem, nestling in the mountains.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I were drawn to this restaurant by the attractive patio area, outside the main entrance. We found a welcoming log fire burning in the centre of the dining area and were warmly greeted by a lady, who I presume was the owner of the establishment.
The menu was imaginative, I chose the pork medallions with bilberry sauce. This was delicious, the sauce complimenting the beautifully tender pork perfectly. Truly the best pork that I have ever tasted !
When I enquired as to how Liz was enjoying her meal she said that the meatballs were also the "best she had ever tasted"
What more can I say !
We will definitely be visiting "Enara" on our next visit to beautiful Andalucia.

Chris and Liz Freeman