(1) Transportation : You need to take a van or bus to a restaurant called "Bottega" in Roxas. It takes about 2.5 hrs from the San Jose New Market Bus Terminal near Puerto Princesa, depends on the driver and vehicle condition. From Bottega Restaurant, someone from the resort will pick you up, taking you to the Roxas Wharf to take their scheduled boat at 2 PM (only 1 scheduled boat a day, so make sure you get on the boat on time. We were lucky to get to the island earlier since we were the only 2 guests going to the island that day).
(2) Beachfront Bunglow : Make sure you can tolerate the heat during the windless afternoon without electricity to turn on the fan. The power supply only serves from 6PM-8AM. Also, make sure you can enjoy the wild animals around you or beneath you, and having their symphony to sleep (you can actually see some crabs crawling beneath you bamboo floor). However, they do offer mosquito-netting covering the whole bed which is a good thing, but outside the net, you are handing yourself to the God and, of course, flies and mosquitoes. BTW, be aware of the nails they stuck to fix the bamboo floor, you may accidentaly get hurt by them.
(3) Beach and Food : Save the best to the last. The beach is definitely overwhelming and paradise-like. The best time for watering on the beach will be in the morning. The tide starts going out from the noon, after that it nearly impossible to swim or play in the water. So make sure you make great use of the morning hours. Also, the room rate is full-board. The staff in restaurant are really helpful and friendly. They serve great variety of cuisines,taste well but a bit too heavy.
(4) Overall : If they can improve the comfort of the bungalow, I don't really mind pay more, because the beach and sunset is definitely worth revisiting.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Modessa Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Loco Island Hotel Roxas
- Modessa Island Resort Palawan Island, Philippines - Roxas