“Better than could've imagined!”
Review of Canoe Roquebrun

Canoe Roquebrun
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Roquebrun
Woking, United Kingdom
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Better than could've imagined!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We arrived not knowing what to expect. We looked up times of the various lengths and decided on the 10km trip. We booked and got to the counter half hour early to pick up our equipment. Myself and girlfriend opted for a kayak each and were given a waterproof box, life jacket, paddles and a ribbon to tie to our sunglasses to keep them secure all included in the price, but also bought some extremely well priced shoes ideal for getting wet (although you can wear any well fitting shoes of your choice). We were promptly all bundled on to the minibus and taken 10kms out to the starting point. The very friendly driver explained (in good English I may add, like all staff) tips for the journey. We took the 3hrs quoted for our 10km, although you could do it quicker in one hit. It's timed as such to give you opportunity to stop on the numerous private beaches to admire the scenery and eat a packed lunch (hence the waterproof boxes you are given are such a great idea!). The river was fairly shallow in places due to the dam being closed but was easily passable. The rapids are a nice and very fun feature. I'll admit to ending up in the water myself, but it was actually quite refreshing! You are not limited by time so can take as long as you like, provided you are back at base by 7pm - in my mind very reasonable. All in all a fantastic day out and I can't sing their praises loud enough without it sounding like I work for them! If I'm back in the Roquebrun area in future (which I'm sure I will be) I will certainly be back. It was my girlfriend's first time on a longish kayaking trip and she is already itching to get back in a boat!

Visited September 2013

Arundel, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“'Water-way' to have a good time!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

An excellent and exciting day out!

The multi-lingual staff make it easy to book and the prices are very fair. We did the 15 km trip and the scenery is absolutely breathtaking - the course is the right mix of calm water and rapids and there are many picturesque places to stop along the Orb for a rest, a swim or a picnic.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Brannon M
Southam, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Canoeing at Roquebrun”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Good fun BUT the trip wasn't as long as they indicated. 10 km trip was suggested to be 3 hours, my 2 sons did it in less than an hour and a half, so be prepared

Visited September 2013
San Diego, California
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was a hot day and the water was so refreshing! Staff was great and took the time to make sure everyone in our party was comfortable and felt safe. The equipment was clean and in good condition. The water was not too rough or over whelming for any of us, even the most hesitant and nervous in our group had a good time.

Visited June 2013
Brecon Beacons National Park, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Exhilarating!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Excellent service with a smile.Best organised canoe centre we have been to in France.We did the 10km trip with our 9 yr old daughter, just after they had let out water from the dam, so there were more rapids.We had not done rapids before, and fell in quite soon. We followed the safety briefing instructions to lie on your back feet downstream and we were ok.
Children are given helmets as well as life jackets - good idea!Cost was €45 plus €6 for child in centre seat.You can take as long as you like to do the trip as long as you get back to the centre by 7pm.This was not difficult though as the river was quite fast due to increased water!Plenty of rapids and lots of fun.

Visited August 2013