“Nice place, but the front desk could use some new social skills!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barkeyville
Volant
“Nice place, but the front desk could use some new social skills!”
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I work for a company that used to send customers to this hotel it is very cozy, clean and has a nice breakfast but, there are some real issues with one of the clerks at the check in desk and for that reason we resorted to sending our business to another hotel in town.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Toronto
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We stayed at this Comfort Inn during a shopping trip to Grove City. The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating, while the room was small yet clean and comfortable. For the price we paid, it was a good deal and would recommend it to anyone staying in the area. About a 10 minute drive to the Grove City outlets.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank cinderella16
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I needed a motel for an overnight stop on I-80 and this filled the bill. It was only $49. with the room saver coupon, so I chose it. Although they advertise high speed wireless internet, the receptionist said it often did not work, so gave me a room with wired. She also provided a long cable so I could carry my laptop around the room.
The good: The internet signal was strong. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. It was relatively quiet. The motel is close to the Interstate (easy on and off).
The bad: There was no elevator (only a problem if you don't know it and try to take everything to the room on one trip!). The door was hard to close to my room. There were few (if any) healthy breakfast options. I could not find a whole grain in the place; the milk was 2% (why not skim?), the fresh fruit was very limited, there was no yogurt.

The restaurant next door was marginal. I did not see any other food choices near by.

But, for $45. I would certainly stay again. You can drop another $5. at a grocery store on decent breakfast fare and still come out ahead.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Toledo, OH
Reviewed July 7, 2009

This hotel was conveniently located right off of the interstate and the rooms were very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. With only a short drive to the Grove city Outlets and with these excellent rates, we will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank martins42
Irving
Reviewed October 29, 2008

We arrived at the Comfort Inn and checked in.., everything was going fine until we opened the door to the room. The room smelled terrible, like someone had smoked a CARTON of cigarettes and never opened a window. We fixed that with air freshner that we had picked up at Grove City. No big deal, it was a smoking room, the only room they had left. Later in the evening, I went to the vending machines for a soda, the Coke machine was sold out and the Pepsi machine was not working.., no soda for us!! The next morning my daughter got up to take a shower and there was NO HOT WATER. We washed up with cold water and went to breakfast. When we got there, the coffee was gone, no bagels, let's just say that it was picked over and not much left. Went to the front desk to ask if it was going to be refilled and was told, "When I get to it." So much for the FREE continential breakfast.., we went to Kings Restaurant next door and it ended up costing $25.00 for three people. One of the reasons we choose to stay at the Comfort Inn was for the breakfast which I had enjoyed at another Comfort Inn in Uniontown and was quite impressed. Needless to say I was not happy with this Comfort Inn and will look around before I book another stay with a Comfort Inn.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — NO Hot Water
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed October 23, 2007

After reading online reviews, I didn't expect great things from the Comfort Inn, but it was absolutely the last place with availability due to the outlets and colleges nearby.

The location is nice. It's a convienant on/off of I-80. Some restaurants nearby. We were only a ten minute drive from downtown Slippery Rock, which was great for us.

The room was a little shabby, but did have a clean and functional fridge and microwave. It really wasn't dirty, just old.

Price wasn't great. We paid $80 online. People checking out in front of us paid about $100 by just stopping in.

Overall, it served its purpose for a decent bed and nice breakfast.

• Liked — Fridge in room
  • Disliked — price
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mafisc
work
Reviewed December 3, 2006

We choose to stay at this hotel by the pictures on comfort inn web site, looked ok, but what a mistake. After a long day of shopping at Grove City Outlet mall, we drove about 25 min to this hotel. This was only hotel we could find available that was not too far to drive.

Arrived at 11:30 AM, they let us check in, but they were cleaning the room so we could not view as I requested, so we went ahead and checked in and went shopping. Came back to the room at 9:30 PM, well we were dissapointed, the room was very out dated with furniture, looks like from the 70's. The beds, were dirty, pillow case had makeup on it, the side of mattress had blood or some kind of fluid on it. The shower looked like it may have had water leak on ceiling, the shower head was dirty.

I just felt very awful about sleeping there. So my daughter and I decided to pack up and just head home, we both did not want to sleep there. I went to check out, and explained our feelings about the room. The hotel management was very nice and did not charge for our stay. That is the only thing I can say good about this comfort in..

1 Thank weststark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barkeyville
Monroe Heights Hotel
Comfort Inn Mercer
Comfort Inn Mercer
#5 of 7 in Mercer
Quality Inn and Conference Center

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!