“Super Staverton”

De Vere Staverton Estate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Staverton
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Returned on a bank holiday weekend!!! Stayed in a nice room with an ok golf course view. Room was clean. Had a lovely swim in the warm pool, unfortunately spa was too full for whole of visit! Steam room just right. Changing rooms a bit full, but ok. Wonderful coffee and bics from machine and a lovely green tea for hubby, all free. Dinner very good - starter ( buffet ) of prawns, salmon and lots of salads, fantastic! Main, lots of meat, but had a nice meal and the sweets, all 10 of them were gorgeous, cheese and biccies ended a wonderful feast. Good quiet room and comfy bed so a good nights sleep. Breakfast busy, but good choice of cereal, need more choice of fruit, not so good as recent visit. But seen as it was so busy the team did well. Overall a nice visit, going back again soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review following your recent return to Staverton Park. I am so pleased to hear that your room and view were up to standard and that you enjoyed using our swimming pool and steam room. I am sorry that our spa was very busy and you were unable to book any treatments during your stay. I am glad that our complimentary tea, coffee and snack lounge was well received and that your evening meal went down a treat. I am pleased you enjoyed a comfortable, relaxing nights’ sleep and that your breakfast was equally as enjoyable. Thank you for your helpful suggestion in relation to the fruit. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Alan Whiteley

Write a ReviewReviews (1,867)

Reviewed September 21, 2013

A large venue, but just able to cope with so many delegates. The car park is large. The evening venue for dinner was away from the main hotel in the golf clubhouse. Fortunately it was not raining when we went back to our rooms

Stayed: September 2013

Thank you very much for your concise feedback following your recent business trip to Staverton Park. I am pleased that you felt our staff managed your conference well and that our extensive car park was welcomed by you. I am glad to hear that it was a nice evening when you dined in our clubhouse. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Only staying for one night but i was very impressed this hotel looks and feels modern the staff are freindly and polite showing an excellent degree of customer service through out, great atmosphere throughout the whole place. The rooms are modern clean and very comfortable. The food is excellent i was very pleased with both dinner and breakfastwould highly recommend this hotel and venue to anyone be it staying on buisness or as a family break a job well done guys thank you.,

Room Tip: This hotel has a lot of rooms some you may have a bit of a walk too so if you struggle with getting...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that the atmosphere and high level of customer service we offer has impressed you enough to recommend our venue to friends and family. I am glad that you found our hotel and our rooms to be modern, clean and comfortable. I am pleased that you enjoyed your evening meal and breakfast with us and that you felt the atmosphere in our venue was just right. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was impressed by several things during this overnight stay:
- Checking in was carried out quickly and courteously
- I was given options for paying for any additional expenses
- Clear directions given to help me locate the room
- The room was comfortable, well decorated and well equipped
- Breakfast choices were immense, well presented and tasty
- Checking out was equally efficient and friendly

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent short stay with us at Staverton Park. I am thrilled to hear that we managed to impress you in so many ways on your first visit to our venue. I am glad that you found both checking in and checking out to be a friendly and efficient experience and that you were well informed upon checking in on our procedures for charging to your room. I am thrilled to hear that you found your room to be comfortable, enjoyed the décor and had everything you might require for your stay. I am pleased to hear that our plentiful Breakfast buffet was well received and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay overall. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Unbelievably bad, cold and out dated rooms, with only 4 tv channels, it was like going back 10 years. Food was poor and over priced in the bar, can only imagine the only positive here would be the golf, other than that it would be leaving. Don't know how this place is still open, even golfers usually expect better than this. Needs the hotel inspector to make a visit, invite her quickly !!

Room Tip: Don't accept a room on the basement level, rooms 101- 145
2  Thank Sun-Seeker-Sun-Lover
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for your constructive review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and found your room to be cold and outdated. We are in the process of refurbishing all our bedrooms so I look forward to hearing your views once this has been completed. I would encourage you to call Reception with any future visits should you have any queries and our staff will be happy to assist you in any way they are able, including turning up the heating. I am terribly sorry to hear that your food was disappointing in our bar and that you found our prices too high, we always keep in line with our surrounding competitors. I will certainly investigate these matters that you have brought to light so thank you very much for your feedback.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Ok so i have stayed in the De vere in Hull which is superb and based on this have now tried a couple of other DeVere hotels and have been disappointed on both occasions and it would appear for the same reasons so clearly a cultural issue developing within the brand. I dont really have any positives from my stay to be honest!

The outward appearance of the hotel was promising and the venues with in were all the usual good standard of DeVere but the room was a little dated for my liking and seeing as i paid for a deluxe room was left wondering what the extra money had got me.

I had to peel a laundry sticker off the inside of my bedding and the bathroom was a little grubby with no hand towels. usually i would address these matter with the reception staff but i arrived at the hotel mid evening and was only staying the night so could not be bothered with the hassle so i can not comment on the customer service here.

As a business traveller i requested a VAT receipt on check out and was told they could not provide me with on and i would have to get a copy from expedia (annoying). I did not have the time to argue the issue with the chap on reception so am in the process of dealing with the brand HQ to resolve this for me.

So the big question would i stay here again? well i have have stayed in worse and to be fair to them the main issue would appear to be housekeeping. So i guess i would give then another try but only if i was passing through.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your constructive comments following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am pleased to hear that you liked the overall appearance of our venue and am sorry that you felt your deluxe room was dated. We are currently in the process of refurbishing all our bedrooms and I would love to hear your feedback after this process is complete to see your views on the changes being implemented. I am sorry to hear that our Housekeeping staff missed a sticker on your duvet cover and that there were hand towels missing from your bathroom. I will certainly investigate these matters and ensure that all staff are aware of your valid comments to prevent such oversights reoccurring. Please do not hesitate to call Reception on any future visits if you require assistance throughout your stay and they will be happy to help. I am terribly sorry to hear that you were not provided with a VAT receipt on check-out and will personally make sure all Reception staff are issued with retraining on this area. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

First part of a golfing break and we both enjoyed the golf course, which we played three times. Also the food in the breakfast and evening buffet was excellent. The hotel was let down by the sheer size and corporate feel to the place. Our room was very small, and there was nowhere to store clothes (any shelves or drawers), with just 5 hangers between us! Felt really downmarket. Also the leisure facilities (pool) were separate from the hotel, which was a real downer in terms of dressing to go and have a swim. I'd only go back for a game of golf and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for some storage space if staying more than one night! Otherwise you'll be living out of you...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am overjoyed to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our golf course and that our Breakfast and evening buffets were just the ticket and you found them to be of good quality. I am sorry to hear that you feel our venue is too corporate for a relaxing stay and that you did not have enough storage space in your room. Please remember with any future visits that if you need assistance such as more hangers then Reception are just a call away and will be happy to help. I am sorry the location of our swimming pool was also a disappointment for you and this meant that you did not enjoy your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Alan Whiteley

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staverton
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel
Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Whittlebury Hall
Whittlebury Hall
#3 of 3 in Towcester
Cross Roads Hotel Northampton
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton

Been to De Vere Staverton Estate? Share your experiences!