“Brilliant overnight stay, will return in the future.”

De Vere Staverton Estate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Staverton
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Brilliant overnight stay, will return in the future.”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was a little skeptical about staying here as most reviews weren't that great but we gave it a go, at £29 you can't really go wrong. Well I am glad we did as it was a wonderful stay, the guy on reception who welcomed us was great (didn't get his name) he answered many of my questions, one which was about check out. Check out is a little early in the morning but I asked what is the latest we could be out by without being charged. He said 10:30am which is better than 9:30am seeing as we were staying for leisure purposes rather than business. The room was clean, comfy and well decorated. We both slept well and were comfy throughout the stay. We didn't eat at the hotel or use the spa facilities so I can't comment on them. Check out was fast and simple too. Lovely hotel, lovely grounds, we will return in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SLAN24
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so pleased to hear that you found a great room offer and that you were pleasantly surprised by what our hotel has to offer. I am glad to hear that our Receptionist gave you a warm and informative welcome and gave you a great start to your stay. I am pleased that your room was clean and comfortable and provided and good nights’ sleep for you both. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy any of our seasonal menus and that you did not get a chance to use our leisure facilities, perhaps on your next stay. I look forward to welcoming you both back soon.

Alan Whitely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Nice hotel, golf course very testing but the greens could have been looked after more (very bobbly).The staff were awful and need training on how to talk to customers I couldn't get served at the lounge bar and waited nearly twenty minutes, I gave up in the end. The staff were all to keen to close bar the up early, if there are less than twenty five people in the bar then they have the option to not carry on serving and close the bar, one of our players was sworn at when he bought a drink for everyone in the bar as the barman wanted to close the bar and now had to make many drinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.The food was awful starting with breakfast the food looked and tasted awful, couldn't find a clean table as dirty plates were everywhere, when I asked a waiter for a cup of tea, he said the tea making machine was over on the back wall so I had to serve myself, even though I had seen other waiters serving tea/coffee. When we arrived the room allocation for the 28 players of our society were all mixed up so no one knew which room they were in and the management were unhelpful in sorting the problem out, later in the day I needed another card to the room I was staying in and had real difficulty in explaining that I was indeed staying in the room I needed a card for!! The tea/coffee machine in the clubhouse bar which is free for golfers had no milk so a sign was put on the machine but an older guest pressed the wrong button and then he was shouted at by the barman that he would break the machine by pressing the wrong button, which upset him as he wasn't sure what the sign meant??? Over all a very poorly run hotel which at this particular weekend had over 300 guests staying for a conference which they clearly couldn't cope with,I wouldn't stay here again!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paul R
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed overview of your experience with us at Staverton Park. I am so pleased you enjoyed our challenging golf course and thank you for bringing to my attention that the green should be reviewed, I will be reiterating this to the relevant staff to attend to. I am so sorry to hear that your experience with our staff was disappointing and would very much like to make amends for this. I would be grateful if you would contact me directly so that I may find a resolution for the service you received. Please contact me at awhiteley@devervenues.co.uk. I look forward to hearing from you.

Alan Whiteley

Travelers are raving about these Staverton hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is nice, located next to a small town, not much to see. Impressed by free easter egg hunt they had put on for the kids. The breakfast area is good plenty of variety, bar area can be busy so we found a small country pub walking distance doing fantastic meals

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Staverton Park. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the area as much as you could have, please do not hesitate to ask our Reception staff when you stay again and they will be able to give you an informative overview of the area and the best places to go and visit. I am glad that you were pleasantly surprised by our Easter egg hunt, we are always eager to cater to all guests and have many families stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our plentiful Breakfast buffet and am sorry that you did not get a chance to have a drink in our bar, perhaps on your next stay? I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Romsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were very pleased with this hotel and have definitely paid more for less nice places.
Highlights were: beautiful surroundings and a walk on the outskirts of the golf course, nice decorated and furnished room, friendly staff and good breakfast.
Negative: the room was very hot during the night but we could have chosen to ask reception for a fan.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am glad to see that you are another guest who can appreciate our beautiful surroundings and that your room was to your liking. I am pleased to hear that our staff were able to cater to your needs and that you enjoyed your Breakfast too. I am sorry to hear that your room was too hot and yes, our staff would be happy to assist with any request you might have during your stay so please don’t hesitate to ask on your next stay. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

On initial inspection the Staverton de Vere looks the part. A great reception area with internet zone and free hot drinks for guests. Then you get to your room and think - is that it?

The rooms are dark (dull) and dated. Flat screen TV is the only mod-con. No trouser press, but there is a ironing board.

The bathroom is also dated with the occasional old stain and a little bit of untreated mould in the grout.

When walking around the site, which contains within it a golf course, you can find a skip, the odd old paint pot and a tired out building needing new windows throughout and on inspection during today's rain, new guttering.

The swimming pool was great but we can't comment on other leisure facilities because we didn't use them.

Bank holiday brought a lack of full service - this wasn't explained during book in. The menu was limited - why? There were people staying at the hotel!!! When we rang to place room- service we were told we had the wrong menu. A new menu was delivered. We then rang to order for the second time and we were told we had the wrong menu and there was a limited bank holiday menu. My ill wife had had enough and so I went into Daventry to the nearest McDonalds.

The walls of the room are thin and you can hear the neighbour's TV or conversation.

The room cleaning lady that we met was excellent and couldn't be more helpful.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your constructive review of your stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary tea and coffee making facilities and wifi. I am sorry to hear that your room was not up to standard and would encourage you on your next stay to contact Reception if there are any issues and our staff will be more than happy to assist you in any way possible, such as moving your room if it is not satisfactory. I would like to thank you for your valid comments regarding the cleanliness of the bathroom; I have investigated this matter with our Housekeeping team. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our golf course as this is one of our most popular features of our hotel and our Maintenance team have now made a thorough sweep of the area to ensure no refurbishment products can be found. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the use of our swimming pool and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I am sorry that your experience in with room service was disappointing and can assure you that this unfortunate downsizing of our menu was due to unforeseen circumstances with our supplier and I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I attended a conference at the Staverton Park Hotel over the weekend. The hotel is situated in a lovely location and has good conference and golfing/leisure facilities. Our room was pleasant and comfortable with a nice modern bathroom and was fairly spacious. However the food at this hotel was really poor. On our first night we were served food that can only be described as insipid and from there on it did not improve..... The breakfast was the only meal that I could really say was acceptable although not brilliant. The conference refreshments were also under par from previous visits to the same hotel. That said the staff were nice, helpful and friendly which was one of the redeeming features. Would I consider staying here again?? Not unless I could be assured that the quality and selection of the fayre was much improved. The food here was very bad for what is supposed to be a 4 star hotel and certainly not what I expected having stayed at De Vere hotels in other locations. The management really need to take a good look at this as the food is really letting down what is on most other points a very pleasant hotel........

Room Tip: There is no real lift in this hotel ( there is one but it does not go to the bedrooms) so if you ar...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your constructive review of your recent experience with us at Staverton Park I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and that you found our conferencing and leisure facilities pleasant. I am pleased that you found everything you needed in your room and enjoyed the décor too. I am sorry to hear that our meals were not to your liking and will certainly be passing on your comments to our Head Chef so that he may review our menus. It is only with constructive feedback that we may improve upon our standards and quality of product so thank you very much for taking the time to inform me of your unsatisfactory experience so that I may investigate this and find a resolution. I am however overjoyed that our staff were able to show you the excellence that the De Vere name upholds and assist you throughout your stay and conference. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and hope that you will give feedback again so as to review improvements that are in the making.

North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We got a good deal at this hotel, Dinner, Bed and Breakfast for £79. For this price we were very pleased with our room, the food, and the facilities- swimming pool and gym. We stayed for one night and were very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The breakfast was pleasant and the swimming pool enjoyable. The bedrooms need a bit of updating, and could have been a bit cleaner (the bathroom mainly), but overall it was a positive experience, and was a good location for breaking up a long journey.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your concise and positive review of your stay with us. I am so pleased that you found a great deal and were pleasantly surprised with all our facilities. I am glad that you found all our staff to be friendly and that they were able to cater to all your needs. Thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room, I will ensure that all Housekeeping staff are made aware of these valid points so that they make sure that more thorough checks are made when completing rooms. I am pleased that you found us to be a beneficial stop point in your journey and hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Alan Whiteley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staverton
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel and Spa
Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Cross Roads Hotel Northampton
The Windmill at Badby
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton

Been to De Vere Staverton Estate? Share your experiences!