“Great place for a family get-to-gether”

De Vere Staverton Estate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Staverton
London, United Kingdom
“Great place for a family get-to-gether”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here in April and the staff were wonderfully accommodating to all our needs.

There were lots of us - ranging in age from 70 down to 2years and we all had a great time.

We needed a relaxed venue for a family reunion as well as a private room for a 3 course lunch and that's what we got!
It all went brilliantly and the food was excellent- both in quality and value.

A very nice and generous touch is the tea and coffee making machine (s) situated in reception. also fresh fruit and delicious biscuits. (This on top of tea and coffee making facilities in the bedrooms).

Beautiful golf course and driving range and also excellent leisure suite. The water in the pool was lovely and warm and the jacuzzi, steam room and sauna were all of excellent standard. It's a bit of a walk to get from the hotel to the leisure centre - but not really a problem and well worth it.

Either the soundproofing is excellent or the other guests were very considerate - either way it was very quiet and peaceful at night.

I just want to emphasise how great the staff were. They seem to employ thoroughly decent people with a great attitude to service. Thanks to all of them from all of us!

The only negative thing I can say is that it was a little chilly in the bedrooms - but this would probably have been addressed if I had mentioned it! (We were so busy catching up with family etc. that it slipped my mind!)

Room Tip: The room rate is incredible value. We decided to upgrade and get a larger room which had a lovely...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so glad your family reunion went so well and that everybody had a lovely time.

I will be sharing your comments with all the team here as we have been working hard to make improvements over the last few months. Feedback such as yours is very encouraging to everybody at the venue to see how well we are doing.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Staverton Park in the near future.

Alan Whiteley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Beautiful hotel just outside the city centre, spotlessly clean room with excellent selection of amenities, little touches that can so often let a place down and in a great hotel show an excellent level of care and attention. Staff were all friendly, welcoming and efficient. Breakfast was very good and Dinner, especially the lamb rack was simply stunning! Would definitely return and have already recommended to others!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am glad you had a lovely time and were able to take advantage of the facilities throughout the venue.

I will certainly be passing on yur kind comments regarding the food and the staff to the team here as it is so important and encouraging for them to see guest feedback.

Jemma
Manchester, UK
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Superb value for a short break whether you're with your partner, family or pals. We stayed over Easter... The food was fantastic; the staff very friendly & helpful.. the facilities are great to to chill out & unwind.

Despite the weather the week before, my pal & I enjoyed 18 holes on the golf course whilst the girls had a spa treatment. We'll be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park.

I am glad you managed to get a full 18 holes of golf in. Not many have this year!

I will be passing on your comments to the team here as we have been working hard tomake improvements and it is always so encouraging to recieve such positive feedback.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is clean, the rooms are spacious, the staff is friendly and the food is delicious. On top of it all, the golf is course is decent and the entire stay is at superb value.

Would definitely visit again!

Room Tip: The Deluxe rooms are spacious with modern decoration and ensuite bathroom. It also has a spacious ta...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Staverton park.

I will be passing your comments onto the team here as it is always so nice to hear such positive feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you to Staverton Park in the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here on the Golf Break weekend recently. Deluxe room was spacious and looks modern. Free Wifi and there is also a free Coffee Machine with biscuits and fruits in the Reception area. Good selection of Breakfast including "grilled" bacon. Dinner was excellent especially the Sunday Night Carvery. The course is challenging and well laid out, my 2 favourite holes are the par 4 - 3rd and par 5 - 11th.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall a very good experience and well recommended !!

Room Tip: We stayed at the Deluxe Double, one of the rooms have a fantastic view over the 18th Green.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park.

I am so glad you found the course well laid out and challenging and were able to use the facilities.

I will pass on your comments to the staff here as it is always so nice to hear positive feedback.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend and had a fantastic stay. Reception was warm and welcoming. Free tea and coffee facilities was a great touch when checking out to take with us. Breakfast offerings were a substantial hot and cold buffet served from an open kitchen. It had the chefs cooking the food fresh whilst you could watch them. Ate in the bar for dinner. Great variety menu and also had a nibbles menu for when you get that late night urge. Staff were all really friendly and would definitely come back. Next time ill bring my golf clubs.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and the food. We have been working to improve this over the last few months adn it seems we are making progress.

I will passing your kind comments to the team here as it is always so nice for them to hear such positive feedback.

I do look forward to welcoming you to Staverton Park in the future.

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Recently stayed at this venue as part of a 4 day course, and overall the stay was quite enjoyable.

The hotel itself is clean and the staff were friendly upon arrival. The rooms weren't bad, although the bathroom could have done with a refurbishment as the shower was temperamental and my bathroom seemed very out-dated compared to that of my colleagues' so I'm guessing some rooms have been refurbished and others have not.

The conference rooms used for teaching on the courses are nice (although a little cold with the air con constantly on!) and there was a break-out area, which had hot drinks and snacks just down the corridor.

Breakfast was very good and there was a lot of choice, although the same can't be said for lunch/dinner. Throughout the stay, the same meals kept being served on multiple occasions, and one night at dinner, it seemed like they were just serving left-over food from lunch in a new dish, which wasn't the most appetising!

I didn't get a chance to use the spa/gym facilities, although I was told that they were nice. Overall, not a bad venue for a business trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay and course with us at Staverton Park.

You are correct, some rooms have ben refurbished adn we are currently working to get the rest upgraded.

I am glad you enjoyed your conference facilities. I will be talking to our conferencing team as each room can be temperature controlled. This clearly was not communicated to you or your fellow delegates.

My kitchen team adn I have already been working on new menus and food choices to avoid guest who stay for more than one or two nights do not have the same menu. We will be looking into what was offered and why it was not varied more.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Staverton Park in the future.

Alan Whiteley

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staverton
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel and Spa
Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa
Cross Roads Hotel Northampton
Sedgebrook Hall
Sedgebrook Hall
#1 of 1 in Chapel Brampton

Been to De Vere Staverton Estate? Share your experiences!